Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So we buy Kostic despite him not fitting our system (since we typically don't play 3-5-2), then we sell Zakaria because he doesn't fit our system. We target Depay at first and then move to Milik who is totally a different type of player. So it seems like we not only are too tactically rigid but don't have any real plan whatsoever to obtain players to fit our rigid system. We're fucked from top to bottom (no pun intended).

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
So we buy Kostic despite him not fitting our system (since we typically don't play 3-5-2), then we sell Zakaria because he doesn't fit our system. We target Depay at first and then move to Milik who is totally a different type of player. So it seems like we not only are too tactically rigid but don't have any real plan whatsoever to obtain players to fit our rigid system. We're fucked from top to bottom (no pun intended).
The project

:agnelli:

@JCK

Jul 2, 2006
things look weird for quite some time. seems like john elcunt negotiated our downfall once again like he did in 2006.

Oct 23, 2011
I don't understand the meltdown over Zakaria, who has been disappointing. We have too many RCMs (midfielders in general) at this point. Mckennie, Miretti, and Zakaria. Locatelli will move there if we get Paredes. I wish someone would come with a bag for Mckennie but no one will. We simply have too many midfielders.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
I don't understand the meltdown over Zakaria, who has been disappointing. We have too many RCMs (midfielders in general) at this point. Mckennie, Miretti, and Zakaria. Locatelli will move there if we get Paredes. I wish someone would come with a bag for Mckennie but no one will. We simply have too many midfielders.
It's an odd thing to be disappointed over.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Zakaria has played 913 minutes total for this club, ffs at least give this iguy a try
I expect you to keep this same energy for Milik and Paredes :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I wish we could give up on McKennie too.
I’d be more okay with a poor season results-wise if it was done with Miretti, Fagioli, and Rovella playing as a regular contributors and we saw some growth and promise for future seasons.

Getting rid of Arthur, Rabiot, Mckennie would be great. Zakaria can stay as a bench option or go if his sale can help us fund another top mid (not Paredes lol)

Locatelli-New CM-Pogba

Miretti-Rovella-Fagioli

Alas, it would be too great to actually be a possibility.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I expect you to keep this same energy for Milik and Paredes :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I’d be more okay with a poor season results-wise if it was done with Miretti, Fagioli, and Rovella playing as a regular contributors and we saw some growth and promise for future seasons.

Getting rid of Arthur, Rabiot, Mckennie would be great. Zakaria can stay as a bench option or go if his sale can help us fund another top mid (not Paredes lol)

Locatelli-New CM-Pogba

Miretti-Rovella-Fagioli

Alas, it would be too great to actually be a possibility.
Won't be needed for Milik I have seen at least 60 games he has played in, not Juve material.

Jun 16, 2020
DM is not the same in different systems. For Allegri there has to be someone good on the ball and under pressure, he was never going to be played at DM and it is not the only position he can play. In Switzerland he plays more advanced for example

Idk if it is dumb by the board or not, I don't see Zak as a difference maker anywhere, but please we tried to sell Rabiot and he rejected. I wouldn't sell him just to get Paredes, but if he can unlock Zaniolo too...

Also, you cannot complain that Locatelli is being wasted as a DM and then also complain that the club is doing everything possible to get someone who would push Loca forward
I don’t see any connection between Zakaria and Zaniolo, this is Roma finding a alternative for Wijnaldum and we a spot for Paredes.

Btw you was so keen on us signing him in the winter, did he disappoint you that hard?

For me it’s another example of horrible squad planning. We sign players ‘for the coach’ and after a half season we’re ready to let him leave on loan. We’re talking about a loan let’s not forget that, not some amazing ~20m sell which would change the situation

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Yeah I'm really not getting the meltdown over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)