Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I would imagine either A)we were never after Bremer or B) the player himself has made it clear he won't join Juve.

Mandragora was a key player for Torino and they would have been desperate to keep him so, regardless of how they feel about Juve, Torino had every reason to deal with Juve this summer. That Mandragora signed for Fiorentina says a lot imo, I doubt Torino is the problem.
I said ages ago I bet Bremer to Inter was unofficially done a long time ago, it's just the media circus will keep linking him to us until the announcement is made.

Also no surprise whatsoever to see KK go abroad and not to us. Didn't think we ever had a chance.

There are DC options out there but you either take someone a bit older or a bit younger. One of the few high level players who fits in the middle as prime age and a possible target is Pau Torres, but we have the issue now where we have to compete with a PL awash with money. Who can say what kind of teams we would have built over recent years without losing so many players to them. That's something the nostalgic types don't appreciate when comparing to Juve teams of old - back then we were in their position and had the strongest competitive and financial position.

Buy on AliExpress.com

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
The only real danger for Pau Torres imo is City if they sell Ake. And even then it makes little sense for them to spend 50m on a player who won't be a guaranteed starter and it makes little sense for Pau, if he has ambition ofc, to go and sit on the bench half the time.

Arsenal no, Tottenham signed Lenglet, Utd almost closing for Martinez, Chelsea going for Kimpembe and Ake.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
AroundJuve:
Pau Torres name to be taken into consideration for Juventus, we'll see if there are concrete contacts. The player has a release clause around € 60M, but Villarreal starts with a request for € 50M. The Spanish defender would have expressed his willingness to move to the Premier League , but no club has moved. [Romeo Agresti - YouTube]

@AroundJuventus

I say to be careful also on Bremer. It is true that Inter are further ahead and already have an agreement with the player, but I keep Juve there, they are an evolving front. [Romeo Agresti - YouTube]

@AroundJuventus

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
AroundJuve:
Pau Torres name to be taken into consideration for Juventus, we'll see if there are concrete contacts. The player has a release clause around € 60M, but Villarreal starts with a request for € 50M. The Spanish defender would have expressed his willingness to move to the Premier League , but no club has moved. [Romeo Agresti - YouTube]

@AroundJuventus

I say to be careful also on Bremer. It is true that Inter are further ahead and already have an agreement with the player, but I keep Juve there, they are an evolving front. [Romeo Agresti - YouTube]

@AroundJuventus
If we can't get Bremer, Pau for 45m seems like the best deal. Actually I wouldn't mind him to be #1 target at all, dude is already experienced and still young for a CB. Oh and an LCB, exactly what we need.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
If we can't get Bremer, Pau for 45m seems like the best deal. Actually I wouldn't mind him to be #1 target at all, dude is already experienced and still young for a CB. Oh and an LCB, exactly what we need.
For me Pau is better option than Bremer, because Bremer is used to play with 3 ATB, he barely played in 4 man defence. I tend to have my reservations for players doing good in that system as LCB or RCB as I'm pretty sure our very own Danilo would do very good as RCB in that system.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Anyone else think regardless of De Ligt’s situation, we already need an extra center back? If we sell De Ligt, we certainly need 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I liked Rugani last season, for me hes good enough for 4th choice, perhaps even 3rd choice. Bonucci, Danilo and new signing main CBs and Gatti starting last in the pecking order, but might surprise everyone. If we switch to 3 CBs and Alex Sandro is still here (99% Bini will fail to unload him), LCB is the only position I want him playing.

Id rather invest in competent, modern fullback than another CB

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Anyone else think regardless of De Ligt’s situation, we already need an extra center back? If we sell De Ligt, we certainly need 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We need center back full back midfielder forward but we don't have money.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do I hvae a feeling we will sign only Milinkovic and that's it?

Bonucci, Milinkovic, Gatti, Rugani.
A serie b defender and the useless Rugani plus 35 year old bonucci I am sure we will concede the most number of goals.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I refuse to believe that. They are nobody. Lazio ( I know, not town rivals) at least have some power to rub it into others noses. There is no way Torino would refuse a better offer just because it's us. A lot bigger teams and bigger rivals had trades
But Bremer might?

Anyway, it's highly unlikely there will be a new CB signing before De Ligt actually leaves or decides to stay and renews. It changes our strategy AND financial possibilities...

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
He's not even Italian, why would he? Because Inter is a bigger team?
Maybe because their defence is better positioned, they were better for 2 seasons now as a team, are a certain scudetto contender and were the first real interested team just to give a few examples?

Anyway; it's difficult to judge what we're doing behind the scenes. The silence from the management is actually refreshing. I'm confident we'll be prepared by the time De Ligt moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)