Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (40 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
It is by far our biggest issue and has been for many years now.

Woj
caudrado bonucci Bremer danilo/pellegrino
Zakaria locatelli pogba
Di Maria vlahovic chiesa

Fully fit and in form, that group isn't that bad. In fact, I reckon it competes for the scudetto.

I think the biggest challenge other than staying fit is allegri getting the system right. That just didn't happen last season and not sure what others think but leading up to this season it still seems fragmented and additional players coming in at the 11th hour doesn't help our cause.

We still don't have an identity!
Fully fit and in form for a year that squad walks the scudetto and challenges for the Champions League.

The identity part is key, and a big part of that is because so many new players have come in. Not having an established identity is normal when you have a shit year and two active transfer windows. Maybe it's because I didn't watch last year but I have faith Allegri nails the system and we get back to being a top club.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Not a fan of Rabiot (is anyone?) But he is better than Arthur, Zakaria and McKennie. If we sell him (hope we do) then we have to replace him with a starter mid imo, not "promote" one of the other scrubs we have.
Maybe on his day he is better than Zakaria, but how many days did he have? This guy has all the tools to be midfielder in the mould of Goretzka - strong guy in double pivot who dominates the game. He has it all stamina, strength, physical presence, but he lacks character, grinta and doesn't even see himself in that role.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I fear we are going to have a very difficult start to the season just like last year. Our midfield still looks bad and we have no width. They need to get cracking in the transfer window.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I think our full backs are just too much of a week link even if everybody else is fit & in form

But there's zero excuses for not challenging for the Scudetto in our shit league. If injuries leave us close but not on top I'll accept that but even with issues we should be competing.

As shit as Conte is (was?) In Europe, he'd have this squad up there against a Napoli side that's downgraded, an inter side that hasn't got much and a Milan that overachieved.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Maybe on his day he is better than Zakaria, but how many days did he have? This guy has all the tools to be midfielder in the mould of Goretzka - strong guy in double pivot who dominates the game. He has it all stamina, strength, physical presence, but he lacks character, grinta and doesn't even see himself in that role.
More days than the other midfielders we had last season, except Locatelli.

Not saying that he was good, it's that the others are worse. He is more frustrating because everyone knows he could be better if he wasn't lazy, but even lazy Rabiot offers more than the other 3 stooges.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
The only chance that we can survive this season is to use back 3 system with Kostic and Cuadrado as wing backs. with our shitty fullbacks using 4 man defence will be suicide.
Yeah plus Bremer & declining bonucci should be better off in a back 3.

It's a win win for me. Cuads was his best as a wing back, Kostic obviously needs to start, the defence SHOULD be better and most importantly we get to drop one of the worst full back pairings in top flight football

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Yeah plus Bremer & declining bonucci should be better off in a back 3.

It's a win win for me. Cuads was his best as a wing back, Kostic obviously needs to start, the defence SHOULD be better and most importantly we get to drop one of the worst full back pairings in top flight football
at least till Chiesa is back

3-5-2
Bonucci-Bremer-Danilo
Cuadrado-Zakaria-Locatelli-Fagioli-Kostic
DiMaria-Vlahovic

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Kostic and Morata won't be good enough I'm afraid. We should be going all in for Zaniolo, but hey, what do I know? Let's leave it to "the professionals" who have "successfully" managed to get us back to "winning ways."
Well, Morata is off the table anyway so I think it will only be Kean as the backup striker. That's worse than Morata imo.

I'm all for Zaniolo but I think we don't stand a chance this summer...

- - - Updated - - -

He is, but then we have to sell one of those. Is there a market for them?

Seems like there isn't enough time this summer with the shortened window to make all these moves.
Shortened window? It ends 31 august as usual...

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Well, Morata is off the table anyway so I think it will only be Kean as the backup striker. That's worse than Morata imo.

I'm all for Zaniolo but I think we don't stand a chance this summer...

- - - Updated - - -

Shortened window? It ends 31 august as usual...
But the season starts earlier, and teams will have more difficulty doing business the more the season is underway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)