Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (72 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Kostic is not enough and now it's too late to do the work needed. Wasteful summer, cancel the season.
yeah we wasted too much time and we didn't sell enough player.
By 2weeks ago we had have gotten rid of Arthur and Rabiot and already sign Kostic and Paredes.
Now it's too late for everything.
And the outlook is Arthur staying prisoner of his wages

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
You're in for a big surprise once the season kicks off ;)

Kean is shit, even worse as a LW. Soule is not Serie B level, let alone good enough for Juventus. Di Maria is here until the summer of 2023, and the same applies for Cuads - they're both on borrowed time. Chiesa and Kostic will potentially be our only options in 12 months.
Kean is probably the 5th choice on the wings and a simple Vlahovic backup at this point. God forbid anything happens to Vlaho. So I don't understand people worrying we sign Morata at this point because he fills a double need... But Kostic and Arnautovic is ofc better and probably cheaper too...

12 months is a lot of time. Let's postpone worrying about that a few months ;).

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
If we take into account that 40 million mandatory fee for Chiesa is activated this year and the signing of Bremer and offloading de ligt I say between 10 to 15 million.

Oct 23, 2011
Those result say nothing indeed but our squad itself is still under construction, so give it some more weeks.

I'll judge the current crop after they've played some menaingdul minutes. We also have Cuads to fill in on the right actually. I'm so used to seeing him at RB now, I'd forgotten him.

According to rumours a lot can happen: Arthur to move out, Rabiot possibly waiting on Monaco's UCL qualifier.

Arrivabene and Cherubini have moved quickly before; Bremer, Vlahovic and Zakaria were all very swiftly brought in. So let's wait and see. You're right there's a lot of work to be done. But the negativity I'm reading in here is over the top. Let's also be real and say this squad will still be far from perfect by the end of august; as will any squad in Serie A.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it doesn't. There are at least 2 with a 3rd one coming in a matter of days.

Same thing on the right for Di Maria but it's stereotype o'clock.

Kean is not a LW as Mandzukic or Morata weren't either. There are different ways to fill in spots.
I unfortunately no longer have the same optimistic viewpoint you have, but fair enough, let’s wait and see what happens. But if we’re counting Kean or Soule as options on the wing we simply have a different set of expectations.

IMO there are too many gaps to fill with not enough funds, room (in the roster) and time left. We can pick this conversation back up in a few weeks with you hopefully you being the right one. We all want the same thing at the end of the day ;).

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I unfortunately no longer have the same optimistic viewpoint you have, but fair enough, let’s wait and see what happens. But if we’re counting Kean or Soule as options on the wing we simply have a different set of expectations.

IMO there are too many gaps to fill with not enough funds, room (in the roster) and time left. We can pick this conversation back up in a few weeks with you hopefully you being the right one. We all want the same thing at the end of the day ;).
Options don't necessarily need to play a lot. Everybody want us to give chances to youngsters but very few seem to be happy with a youngster, even as 4th or 5th choice in the squad when it's transfer season. You can't have both ways.

There are gaps to fill, many of them. And that goes for every team in the league. We were way worse last season and almost landed a title challenge...

There's nothing to be right about; I'm just saying we wait on the negativity until mercato ends/season actually starts.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
If we take into account that 40 million mandatory fee for Chiesa is activated this year and the signing of Bremer and offloading de ligt I say between 10 to 15 million.
It was either Arrivabene or Elkann, dont remember, who said we'll make significant investments this summer to take Juve back to the top. If that's all we spent then hope there's a bit more spending to be done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)