Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (95 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2020
Then who do you see as a realistic LB target? Don't say Udogie, he ain't moving anywhere.
I was one of the few this year but I kinda liked Pellegrini. Don’t forget all the context that he was in his first year, with Rabiot and Morata playing in front of him. Didn’t get playtime continuously and our results with him on the pitch were actually quite good.

Don’t see why we should sell him for 10m. Keep Pellegrini as starter for this year, Sandro will leave for free next year and Cambiaso will arrive with a year of extra experience. We sorted the LB position with minimal effort. This is our strategy I think

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
Then who do you see as a realistic LB target? Don't say Udogie, he ain't moving anywhere.
Lodi? Wjindal? Raum? And why not try for Udogie before his price tag doubles by next season? Udinese wouldn't want to keep a player against his will. But we aren't even trying

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Lodi? Wjindal? Raum? And why not try for Udogie before his price tag doubles by next season? Udinese wouldn't want to keep a player against his will. But we aren't even trying
Lodi is mediocre. Raum will be expensive. Udogie isn't moving - Udinese don't want to sell and he's ok continuing his development there (we might have inquired about some early option/first refusal though).

alaska

May 25, 2013
I was one of the few this year but I kinda liked Pellegrini. Don’t forget all the context that he was in his first year, with Rabiot and Morata playing in front of him. Didn’t get playtime continuously and our results with him on the pitch were actually quite good.

Don’t see why we should sell him for 10m. Keep Pellegrini as starter for this year, Sandro will leave for free next year and Cambiaso will arrive with a year of extra experience. We sorted the LB position with minimal effort. This is our strategy I think
I liked Pellegrini too tbh

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007

I think this is sound reasoning, especially if we can't afford a major upgrade in quality. Pellegrini was growing into his role towards the tail end of the season and I think with an extra season to gel and better quality teammates he'll be able to hold his own in the starting lineup and potentially be a useful first team player.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
And why would you say that when the rumours were definitely there before Udinese said he ain't moving?

Lodi, expensive as fuck for a LB. Wijndal? Meh, not convincing. Don't know Raum enough to judge.

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm fine with it. Which is why I'm asking for LB names from the critics. There aren't that many options out there.

Pellegrini also looks injury prone 'though as a con...

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
And why would you say that when the rumours were definitely there before Udinese said he ain't moving?
I would say that because the rumours weren't credible to begin with. Tuttosport and Gazzetta were the only ones to report it. Agresti had to come out afterwards and clarify that we hadn't even made any contact with Udinese.
Lodi, expensive as fuck for a LB. Wijndal? Meh, not convincing. Don't know Raum enough to judge.
Wijndal and Raum both convince me much more than this random italian from the worst genoa squad in decades.
What about Gaya? Valencia are literally offering him to clubs at a discounted price of 20-25 million for financial reasons. Our management should be all over that.
Heck, I'd even take Kostic as LWB. At least he's versatile in that sense because he can play further up too. But the rumours are going cold, because the management are focusing their efforts on all the wrong players.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I would say that because the rumours weren't credible to begin with. Tuttosport and Gazzetta were the only ones to report it. Agresti had to come out afterwards and clarify that we hadn't even made any contact with Udinese.

Wijndal and Raum both convince me much more than this random italian from the worst genoa squad in decades.
What about Gaya? Valencia are literally offering him to clubs at a discounted price of 20-25 million for financial reasons. Our management should be all over that.
Heck, I'd even take Kostic as LWB. At least he's versatile in that sense because he can play further up too. But the rumours are going cold, because the management are focusing their efforts on all the wrong players.
And Laudisa feom Gazzetta has been the very best lately rogether with Schira while Agresti has more than proven to know jack shit after Marotta and Tici left.

We will not play with a LWB. That much is clear.

People really should stop using arguements like 'the worst Genoa squad in ages'. That doesn't say anything about Cambiaso... I like his potential. He's certainly not quite there yet but I see some Spinazzola in him. Will he ever reach that level? Don't know...

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
And Laudisa feom Gazzetta has been the very best lately rogether with Schira while Agresti has more than proven to know jack shit after Marotta and Tici left.

People really should stop using arguements like 'the worst Genoa squad in ages'. That doesn't say anything about Cambiaso... I like his potential. He's certainly not quite there yet but I see some Spinazzola in him. Will he ever reach that level? Don't know...
I also quite excited with Cambiasso.
Play with both feet, can cross. He will be LB for us. And Molina as RB.

It seems Allegri see Cuadrado as RW only for next season. so if we play 4-3-3, RW will be Di Maria/Cuadrado/Chiesa while LW will be Chiesa/Di Maria. Kostic would offer another dimension as LW for us

Dec 9, 2017

This is Dr. Strangelove vol. 2 from the Office. Bring in the manager who used to win with superb players against bankrupty teams, but did not see a reason to study football or develop his coaching skills.
Can anyone see how this resemble how this team is managed from the top?
Coach got sacked before because he is bad in his job ( non of the players have improved their ability to play football under his guidance.)

After a season, in which the coach was unable to do the same as a coach ( who had zero experience of coaching ) before him, the office will bring him players from Genoa.
SSSSSSSSHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

maxi

Aug 31, 2006

Agresti messed up the dybala saga, that's the only negative I remember. And he can be forgiven for that because there was a gentlemen's agreement in place back in November time when he seemingly confirmed the renewal, before things started changing in the new year. I trust him more as a juve insider than Gazzetta Dello Inter, which embarrassingly confirmed that Rudiger to juve was a done deal.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012

This could be closed tomorrow then.

I find it really hard to believe Bayern will go up to 90m. All their German reporters insist on 70m being the final price. 70m and above is always a huge plusvalenza, but I'd like to see them insist on 90

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)