Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (281 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
The attack and midfield seem infinitely better on paper, but with Pogba and Zaniolo we would have some really heavy injury concerns.
Yep. Definitely injury concerns with Pogba, although I think Zaniolo didn’t miss too many games due to injury last season. But with our butchers and their training methods? You can never be sure.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
That point has been discussed several times here. There are pros and cons of playing Serie B, but in handsight I think that our career there would be short lived due to the fact that our team exists of very, very young players for that level and we’d fight for relegation. We are a mid table team in Serie C and most of the players are still able to play for U19

But obviously continue investing in scouting and let’s hope for the best. But as I said I think that we aren’t even close to our maximum potential. We basically have a luxury position as the only club on national level with a U23 team, so we should be able to offer many talents a interesting start of their career.
With a few older guys who stay on the team (because they're paid relatively well) I could see it happen in the future. Young guys like Fagioli wouldn't need to be loaned out and can actually gradually integrate. If he's joining now, it's one HUGE step again. The biggest problem is you can't freely switch between both teams; wasn't 5 appearances in the first team the limit for a return?

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
:think: Hopefully I'm not too much of a forward young man here but I believe that different people have different definitions of 'successful mercato'

For some people, after finishing 4th twice in a row, getting eliminated by *checks notes* Ajax/Lyon/Porto/Villareal in CL a stronger reaction is expected. Selling multiple pillars in their prime while loading up on midtable players and has-beens could be another iteration of the same mistake rather than a 'successful mercato' ':think:
Don't know what mercato you're talking about but try to look a little beyond the obvious as well... Firm stances in discussion, installing salary caps, letting go of disappointments '...

Last edited:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I just hope that once Di Maria, Pogba and maybe Cambiasso?* too are officially announced we will finally start seeing some solid links with a top CB, whether it’s Koulibaly or somebody else it remains to be seen but we sure shouldn’t sleep on our laurels in that department as the current bunch we have right now even with De Ligt staying is still at least one proven CB too short for any serious team that is planning to fight on all fronts.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Strange we’ve not seen Jorginho’s name associated with the Chelsea swap deal yet. He’s clearly a player we’re interested in
Fuck that piece of shit. We need to show ambition and look ahead. Fagjinho is a turd.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes, those classic Juve fans who will be mad if we have a successful mercato.

All because the player they stan for didn't get overpaid.
I'd be happy with that mercato. Given the circumstances, it's the best we can hope for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 262)