Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (287 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Either way, you get them/return them, you need to make space for them. It's new names regardless, it's reinforcements. I think it's unrealistic to have so many new faces during one summer.
On some level, I could agree. Depends on the player. I think a player like Kostic will acclimate to Serie A and Juve very quickly. But definitely agree its very hard to replace 1/3 of the squad seamlessly and not expect early season pains. Which killed us last season.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
yep forgot about Mkhi. Onana was essentially sorted out last season.

But see how good it is to have an organised GM who knows how to build a squad and do the majority of main business before pre season starts? That’s how it’s done.
I can only imagine the meltdown here if we signed Mkhitarian, Lukaku and Dybala on big contracts while they all had a shit season and are either nearing 30yo or already passed it.

Yet Juve signing Vlahovic and Zakaria already in January and according to the same sources are very close to Pogba and Di Maria in June is considered lame.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Molina(MDS) Danilo (Bon) De Ligt (Gatti) NO EMRSON PLEASE:shifty: (Sandro)
McKennie (Zakaria) Locatelli (Rovella) Pogba (Miretti / Zakaria)
Chiesa (Cuadrado) Vlahovic (Dzeko) Di Maria (Kostic)

If we can complete this squad by the end of the transfer window, we had an acceptable mercato and the team has made good progress in terms of quality and depth of the squad.
Good but not great.

Midfield still isn’t where it needs to be.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I can only imagine the meltdown here if we signed Mkhitarian, Lukaku and Dybala on big contracts while they all had a shit season and are either nearing 30yo or already passed it.

Yet Juve signing Vlahovic and Zakaria already in January and according to the same sources are very close to Pogba and Di Maria in June is considered lame.
You see that, what I (and most people) see is a team being strengthened in the areas they need before the season even starts. Quick, decisive and clear intentions in what they want for their coach. It’s not a perfect mercato for them, because at the end of the day, like us, they are in the shitty poverty Italian league, but it’s good as they can get. Bringing back a player they sold for 100m a year ago on a 10m loan? Lmaooo you’d be gurgling Cherubini’s balls for that.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Defence is ropey too. Danilo isn't a CB, Molina is unknown and we badly need a reliable LB.
Danilo is being massively overrated by a lot on this forum lately.

He’s a good, honest professional, but doesn’t add a lot on the field tbh. Can’t attack, makes the odd fuck uo defensively and is prone to errors. But he’s a likeable guy who seems to love the club so he gets a pass. We really could do better in his position too, but priorities obviously lie elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 268)