Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (58 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
And Pogba turned down massive wages and a well developed team for us, a work in progress with tight budget and for a significantly lower salary? Sounds suspect.
Sounds more like you chose to ignore very loud rumours for whatever reason.

He just wanted to return to where he actually did great after 6 louzy years. Is that so hard to believe?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Carvalho and Ramsay lol.
That's not the point I was trying to make but ok.

Using the mercato hasn't officially opened yet excuse is bogus - teams are moving and adding pieces, regardless of how coveted those pieces are.

- - - Updated - - -

@Bianconero81
Those are big money deals and probably set a long time ago, which is why they're done so early. We're having to battle for undecided players like Di Maria and while I'm happy that Pogba is coming, nobody else wanted him.

Also, teams like Spurs can buy immediately then can worry about getting rid of their trash. We have to be sure to get rid of trash before moving on the market. Our management doesn't have it easy especially with having to deal with expensive trash like Ramsey/Arthur/Kean.

Realistically, I'm not expecting a revamp but at the very least, we need to give Allegri options because it was the main reason we were trash last year, not having cover for Chiesa and Dybala. For that reason I'd be ok with Raspadori, Rovella, Fagioli etc. instead of star signings.
Rusty Doris is a waste of money. I haven't seen anything from him that suggests star potential. For 30-35 million, we can surely do better.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Rusty Doris is a waste of money. I haven't seen anything from him that suggests star potential. For 30-35 million, we can surely do better.
You're correct but I don't think the market is full of decent wingers so Rusty would be someone young with Serie A experience. Quality LBs are so hard to come by so I'd be disappointed if Sandro remains but also understand it.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Using the mercato hasn't officially opened yet excuse is bogus - teams are moving and adding pieces, regardless of how coveted those pieces are.

- - - Updated - - -

Well yeah we've bought players before the official window before (at least all arranged and presented), but it is a little early for a full meltdown in mid June.

The problem is we have positions to fill, same rehashed news, and transfer envy for other clubs on top of shit season. Tbh I ignore most transfer stuff until the window opens as players are all on holiday. I know the schedule is slightly different this year but the same issues are there.

Also, we got shafted with Ronaldo leaving late last pre-season and had no time to fix, but when we wanted our man we splashed a lot of cash on Vlahovic, so it's not like the club stands still when it wants something or is reticent to spend. But we also have spending limits, and comparisons to the likes of City, Madrid or Liverpool are unfair.

Beki

Jul 9, 2012

That's really true. Who cares if mercatio officially opens on 1st July; lot of moves already made.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Madrid is splashing because they invested nothing last year, saving up for mbappe. We already fucking bought one of the hottest prospects for 80 mil 5 months ago. If we can get 2 starters free, then we can be patient and wait for market opportunities, it's stupid to blow your load early when there's players like sms still on the board.

Beki

Jul 9, 2012
Madrid is splashing because they invested nothing last year, saving up for mbappe. We already fucking bought one of the hottest prospects for 80 mil 5 months ago. If we can get 2 starters free, then we can be patient and wait for market opportunities, it's stupid to blow your load early when there's players like sms still on the board.
SMS will not arrive, when people gonna accept that after Pogba's arrival?
Bold part is true. First we have to get rid of players before we sign somebody else and there is Ramsey...

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Agresti praised Chief Scout Tognozzi for bringing Zakaria in. Says he was basically promised to Bayern for free in the summer, but he was great to convince him to come right away.

Mentioned also how quickly everything was done for Vlahović and that speaking to sources very close to the top of Juve they are very calm and have a clear plan to build the team for next season.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Agresti praised Chief Scout Tognozzi for bringing Zakaria in. Says he was basically promised to Bayern for free in the summer, but he was great to convince him to come right away.

Mentioned also how quickly everything was done for Vlahović and that speaking to sources very close to the top of Juve they are very calm and have a clear plan to build the team for next season.
Lies. I'd rather believe tuz experts.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Well yeah we've bought players before the official window before (at least all arranged and presented), but it is a little early for a full meltdown in mid June.

The problem is we have positions to fill, same rehashed news, and transfer envy for other clubs on top of shit season. Tbh I ignore most transfer stuff until the window opens as players are all on holiday. I know the schedule is slightly different this year but the same issues are there.

Also, we got shafted with Ronaldo leaving late last pre-season and had no time to fix, but when we wanted our man we splashed a lot of cash on Vlahovic, so it's not like the club stands still when it wants something or is reticent to spend. But we also have spending limits, and comparisons to the likes of City, Madrid or Liverpool are unfair.
Yep, in regards to stressing out about mercati - been there, done that multiple times and never again. If footballers can have holidays, so do I :D
I recommend to stay away from the news, 99% is bullshit anyway.

Jul 2, 2006
gnonto father

“New offers come in every day, I read about Freiburg and Hoffenheim, we’ll see if they are ready to pay the €15m that Zurich are asking for.”

Sky Sport Italia transfer expert Gianluca Di Marzio also names Freiburg as the latest prime candidates to sign Gnonto, although the cost is considered to be closer to €10m than €15m.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
You could say they're haggling over prices for an injured Dybala and a failed Lukaku or you couldn't care less what merda do while we add Pogba and Di Maria as a kickstart.

I don't envy those fucks for 1 minute. We'll be better.
Merda has Beppe and even though he had done plenty mistakes in his last two years with us
:beppe:>>>>>>>>>>>>>:mauri2:+:cherubini:+:pavel:

even with:PP:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)