Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (50 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Rumours seem a bit dry at the moment with not much momentum. I hope Bini is awake and getting on with improving 5/11 of the starters in this team. Get to work Bini
Maybe things are not actually moving at the speed of light but looking at it objectively we are still only in May and the club pretty much already hinted that most likely both Pogba and Di Maria would be joining in the next coming weeks, along with being linked that we will move for a new strong CB and another potential young LB/RB aswell… plus we got the young Serie B player of the season in Fagioli rumored to be renewing and to remain as part of the first team for next season too.

I think that is a good start, not exactly ideal yet as official announcements are still missing ofc but it’s certainly far from it being a dry mercatto by any means.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Add Chiesa and Vlahovic. Definitely exciting to me. Chiesa/Kostic - Vlahovic - Di Maria/Raspadori is a massive upgrade.
Honestly, I'd rather explore the option to bring in Gabriel Jesus. Gabriel Jesus for 45-50 million is better than Rusty Doris, even if he'll command half the wages and cost 15 million less. Jesus can also deputize at the CF role, and he's a proven commodity. However, I understand why we're targeting Rusty Doris - eclectic, Italian, Jabroni potential, and we seem to have an obsession dealing with Sass. Too bad we foolishly gave up our option on Traore.

Napoli could potentially be losing both Koulibaly and Ruiz (expiring contracts in 2023) but I doubt we get one, let alone both.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Maybe things are not actually moving at the speed of light but looking at it objectively we are still only in May and the club pretty much already hinted that most likely both Pogba and Di Maria would be joining in the next coming weeks, along with being linked that we will move for a new strong CB and another potential young LB/RB aswell… plus we got the young Serie B player of the season in Fagioli rumored to be renewing and to remain as part of the first team for next season too.

I think that is a good start, not exactly ideal yet as official announcements are still missing ofc but it’s certainly far from it being a dry mercatto by any means.
It’s mainly because there is a lack of anything official and aside from the Pogba deal the Di Maria links seem to have gone quiet and all other links seem to be pretty speculative. Normally at this time of year we have at least done one deal to get moderately excited about.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Honestly, I'd rather explore the option to bring in Gabriel Jesus. Gabriel Jesus for 45-50 million is better than Rusty Doris, even if he'll command half the wages and cost 15 million less. Jesus can also deputize at the CF role, and he's a proven commodity. However, I understand why we're targeting Rusty Doris - eclectic, Italian, Jabroni potential, and we seem to have an obsession dealing with Sass. Too bad we foolishly gave up our option on Traore.

Napoli could potentially be losing both Koulibaly and Ruiz (expiring contracts in 2023) but I doubt we get one, let alone both.
Yeah well, I guess he's bound to go to some other Prem team.

Plus I kinda like Raspadori. Maybe he can be what Giovinco was supposed to be.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
It’s mainly because there is a lack of anything official and aside from the Pogba deal the Di Maria links seem to have gone quiet and all other links seem to be pretty speculative. Normally at this time of year we have at least done one deal to get moderately excited about.
Coreect me if i’m wrong but i think free agents can only sign and be announced officially after June 1st, i’d say that if still nothing is announced whitin the first couple of weeks in June then maybe we could worry a bit, but now its still way too early.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Coreect me if i’m wrong but i think free agents can only sign and be announced officially after June 1st, i’d say that if still nothing is announced whitin the first couple of weeks in June then maybe we could worry a bit, but now its still way too early.
They can sign from January 1st onwards.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
«Il progetto è quello di portarlo nella rosa dei titolari della prima squadra a Torino, a breve ci incontreremo».

Andrea D'Amico su Fagioli
It's nice that he believes in himself and all, but I don't think the club will appreciate all this public noise and pressure.

I'd love to see him and Miretti in for Arthur and Rabiot next season, but with all this talking he and his agent have done it seems like they're expecting a sale rather than staying because I don't think club will give them any guarantees.

Jun 16, 2020
It's nice that he believes in himself and all, but I don't think the club will appreciate all this public noise and pressure.

I'd love to see him and Miretti in for Arthur and Rabiot next season, but with all this talking he and his agent have done it seems like they're expecting a sale rather than staying because I don't think club will give them any guarantees.
They watch our games aswel, and obviously see the shameful level of our midfielders

So I agree with them, why accepting another loan. Better being honest and say that you want to play or leave

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
They watch our games aswel, and obviously see the shameful level of our midfielders

So I agree with them, why accepting another loan. Better being honest and say that you want to play or leave
Then maybe don't be late in preseason last summer and be able to play more than 60 minutes per game in Serie B.

I love Fagioli, he was on my radar very early on, but unless you're an established or generational talent you have no business making demands publicly.

It's enough to say 'I feel ready, I want to prove myself and stay in Juve's first team next season'. Then discuss everything else behind closed doors.

Jun 16, 2020
[
Then maybe don't be late in preseason last summer and be able to play more than 60 minutes per game in Serie B.

I love Fagioli, he was on my radar very early on, but unless you're an established or generational talent you have no business making demands publicly.

It's enough to say 'I feel ready, I want to prove myself and stay in Juve's first team next season'. Then discuss everything else behind closed doors.
His agent literally says: the intentions is to get him in the first team, soon we’ll talk

Now what’s the problem exactly?

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
[

His agent literally says: the intentions is to get him in the first team, soon we’ll talk

Now what’s the problem exactly?
No, he says 'our project is to have him in the first team'. Clear message sent. Our way or high way.

Also, Fagioli made some statements today. They're clearly on a media campaign to put pressure on Juve.

I'm fine with it, I want him there instead of Rabiot next season, but I am just saying I don't think club will appreciate public demands from someone who hasn't proven anything yet

Jun 16, 2020
No, he says 'our project is to have him in the first team'. Clear message sent. Our way or high way.

Also, Fagioli made some statements today. They're clearly on a media campaign to put pressure on Juve.

I'm fine with it, I want him there instead of Rabiot next season, but I am just saying I don't think club will appreciate public demands from someone who hasn't proven anything yet
The quote that I posted doesn’t say ‘our’ in any shape or form dude

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
They can sign from January 1st onwards.
but their contracts only expires usually on the 31st of May/ June 1st, since the 1st of January they are just open to negotiate with other clubs and reach pre-agreements , officially they can only sign from June 1st onwards when they actually become free agents and in majority of cases they only get confirmed officially by the clubs around that time… which seems to be exactly what we are doing with at least Pogba right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)