Summer mercato thread 2022-23 season (49 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
A younger Di Maria? Absolutely. A 34 year old Di Maria? I think not.

Pogba? :rofl: :howler: Don't make me laugh.
I dont think Di Maria is the dybala replacement, that wouldn't make sense. You're right he's old but on a 1 year contract he could provide some much needed experience up front and act as a stopgap while we wait for Chiesa's recovery. Dybala's replacement ought to be someone like Nkunku but that's probably unrealistic I'd imagine

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Demiral doing so well with Atalanta hey? They were a perennial European qualifier before he came aboard, now they’re in 7th and will probably miss out on Europe all together.

Turns out he’s an overrated aggression merchant. We can and should do better in the market when it comes to CBs. And no, Romagnoli is not the answer.
Atalanta is on 7th position because of Demiral. Come on man, you can't be saying that.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Atalanta is on 7th position because of Demiral. Come on man, you can't be saying that.
while demiral isn't impressive by any means, i also think that their issues lie elsewhere

zapata goals in the last few seasons: 23, 18, 15, 10 (and counting)
muriel: 18, 22, 6 (and counting)

practically no ilicic, and no papu either.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
while demiral isn't impressive by any means, i also think that their issues lie elsewhere

zapata goals in the last few seasons: 23, 18, 15, 10 (and counting)
muriel: 18, 22, 6 (and counting)

practically no ilicic, and no papu either.
Exactly my point, once Zapata got injured, then Gosens barely played, I don't know if he made 10 games for them this season.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I dont think Di Maria is the dybala replacement, that wouldn't make sense. You're right he's old but on a 1 year contract he could provide some much needed experience up front and act as a stopgap while we wait for Chiesa's recovery. Dybala's replacement ought to be someone like Nkunku but that's probably unrealistic I'd imagine
Dybala doesn't need a direct replacement. So don't call anyone that. Plain and simple.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Very underwhelming, with the exception of De Jong. None of the others should be a priority, and if we continue to prioritize Italians or made in Italy, we won't win shit.

Also, Doku is nothing special. He's a speed merchant and a great dribbler, but very little end product - the wrong player to target from Rennes, who have far more interesting prospects.

I guess it's not just our medics and physios that suck but our scouts too.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Very underwhelming, with the exception of De Jong. None of the others should be a priority, and if we continue to prioritize Italians or made in Italy, we won't win shit.

Also, Doku is nothing special. He's a speed merchant and a great dribbler, but very little end product - the wrong player to target from Rennes, who have far more interesting prospects.
Raspadori is youngest Italian player to score 10 goals in a serie a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)