Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (48 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He is not fast indeed, a lanky average speed type of fullback, but wtih fantastic cross, and decent passing. Defending isnt his forte (he is a natural wingback really), but he is ok at it. Indeed had terrible game vs West brom (as did Thiago Silva). Lampard looking for scaepgoats if he puts it on his players, their whole defensive organisation is a mess. Leaking nonstop under his tenure.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
He is not fast indeed, a lanky average speed type of fullback, but wtih fantastic cross, and decent passing. Defending isnt his forte (he is a natural wingback really), but he is ok at it. Indeed had terrible game vs West brom (as did Thiago Silva). Lampard looking for scaepgoats if he puts it on his players, their whole defensive organisation is a mess. Leaking nonstop under his tenure.
I’m not impressed with Lampard as a coach. He shouldn’t be throwing his players under the bus, it might come back to bite him in the ass eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
alonso was pretty stable for years, much better than some of our rumored targets like emerson, or mds for that matter. he's already 29, so i wouldn't buy him, but a dry loan for a year with an option for a 2nd could work just fine. lampard recently dropped him as he went straight in the team bus after his sub vs west brom, he wasn't even in the squad vs spurs tonight, they probably want him out, so a loan offer could work for all parties.

would be the definition of a meh signing though

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
alonso was pretty stable for years, much better than some of our rumored targets like emerson, or mds for that matter. he's already 29, so i wouldn't buy him, but a dry loan for a year with an option for a 2nd could work just fine. lampard recently dropped him as he went straight in the team bus after his sub vs west brom, he wasn't even in the squad vs spurs tonight, they probably want him out, so a loan offer could work for all parties.

Would you rather have Pellegrini? I'm kind of surprised we offloaded him, just to panic buy a LB/LWB now.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Would you rather have Pellegrini? I'm kind of surprised we offloaded him, just to panic buy a LB/LWB now.
I wouldnt. Can’t trust Pellegrini in a CL game. I watched a bunch of his games last season, he was shaky af defensively. He’s a good offensive talent though. But Alonso would be a more dependable backup for Sandro imo

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Its defenitely all around meh signing, but functionally speaking he is a wingback who can cross and pass, and gives added depth in a formation that uses such a player like Pirlos. I prefer him over getting on loan over someone like Emerson or keeping MDS. It would a be typical end of transfer window stop gap solution.

Ofcourse Gosens or Telles would be much more preferable, but unlikely.

- - - Updated - - -

Pellegrini is not good. I would be fine if we kept him for depth since we had no one else, but if we are replacing that spot, litterally anyone we can get will be at minimum/at worst his level or more likely better. Since he is young, he is better of being loaned and improving his stock.

Jun 6, 2015
Alonso has been suspect defensively for years. He has a nice shot and that is pretty much where the positives end.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
nah, pellegrini is nowhere near consistent enough for juventus. he's talented, he started last season in a pretty good form, but faded quickly once his team's form declined. as a depth option, he could have been fine, and i was a bit surprised when we loaned him out, but pirlo's right, frabotta can get the job done just as well.

alonso is on a completely different level when it comes to experience, consistency, passing and crossing.

btw i'd still prefer gosens for the sandro backup role.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
We take their opinion seriously now?

- - - Updated - - -

Is Cuadrado any better?
Of course Cuadrado is much better, he’s a top winger compared to Alonso. Cuadrado was very solid defensively last season. I think we‘re better off staying away from epl rejects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)