Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (118 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I'm not really in favor of bringing Pogba back. He was a force when he was at Juve, but he lost a lot of that hunger in Manchester. Not to mention, his wage demands increased significantly since that time.

I'd be okay with our current midfield until an opportunity of Aouar presents itself. I'd focus on the left side and strengthen with someone like Gosens.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
If you could choose between Gosens and Chiesa who would you get?
Difficult question because to be fair we need both. Sandro and Cuadrado have no back ups, just like last year. And both of them are already old guard in our team.
fabrotta is a welcomed surprise but i would not risk it with him right away. Gozens and Chiesa both have plent of experience already.

Its imperative we get both replacements to give Sandro and Cuadrado a break, for them to not get burned half season and to give them some competition.
I would pick Chiesa over Gosens, because I think that Bernardeschi can be a competent backup LWB.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I would pick Chiesa over Gosens, because I think that Bernardeschi can be a competent backup LWB.
Maybe, but that is a big IF, and i dont know if we are ready for that inmense gamble...because theres a big chance that berna ultimately fail, taking in account how his juve stint have gone.

Dont get me wrong, i really wnated Berna to suceed here, but i have serious doubts of him geting the right frame for the job.

About having to select one.... then it would be chiesa.... because at the very least we have sandro and fabrotta on the other side... while in cuadrados lane we have...danilo and MDS, and that is just not good.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
About having to select one.... then it would be chiesa.... because at the very least we have sandro and fabrotta on the other side... while in cuadrados lane we have...danilo and MDS, and that is just not good.
Danilo and MDS are both horrendous going forward. I don’t even think they offer enough going forward as fullbacks in a back 4, let alone as wingbacks.

Before the mercato closes, we will try to plusvalenza Costa, MDS and Pellegrini. Apparently all three players have some interest from other teams, if gurus are to be believed.

I reckon that if we can sell them all, Chiesa is possible. I think Fiorentina will bulge at ~45m

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Danilo and MDS are both horrendous going forward. I don’t even think they offer enough going forward as fullbacks in a back 4, let alone as wingbacks.

Before the mercato closes, we will try to plusvalenza Costa, MDS and Pellegrini. Apparently all three players have some interest from other teams, if gurus are to be believed.

I reckon that if we can sell them all, Chiesa is possible. I think Fiorentina will bulge at ~45m
Pellegrini is going to Genoa on a dry loan.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Romano said that if it wasn't for Covid Pogba would for sure have been a Juve player.
I believe him. Predicted midfielder Pogba (and/or Icardi lol depending on Dybala-Ronaldo) as next big signing myself after Ronaldo and deLight. Tactically what we needed too (technique, physique, header option in box with no #9) and still do (Ramsey upgrade, box header option).

But I was never picky. I'll accept Aouar.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not really in favor of bringing Pogba back. He was a force when he was at Juve, but he lost a lot of that hunger in Manchester. Not to mention, his wage demands increased significantly since that time.

I'd be okay with our current midfield until an opportunity of Aouar presents itself. I'd focus on the left side and strengthen with someone like Gosens.
Pogba is magnifico, make no mistake. PL managers can't figure out he should be played farther forward in midfield and not deep.

But yeah, Aouar always made more sense financially and age wise, covid or no covid. Just lacks the height to be in the box with Dybaldo roaming.

Last edited:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I believe him. Predicted midfielder Pogba (and/or Icardi lol depending on Dybala-Ronaldo) as next big signing myself after Ronaldo and deLight. Tactically what we needed too (technique, physique, header option in box with no #9) and still do (Ramsey upgrade, box header option).

But I was never picky. I'll accept Aouar.

- - - Updated - - -

Pogba is magnifico, make no mistake. PL managers can't figure out he should be played farther forward in midfield and not deep.

But yeah, Aouar always made more sense financially and age wise, covid or no covid. Just lacks the height to be in the box with Dybaldo roaming.
Could you imagine Pogba in the role Ramsey was playing vs Sampdoria Jesus fuck he would dominate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 111)