Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (58 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
@Mark

Who is coming in attacking department?

- - - Updated - - -

You obviously have never been in Italy.

Orgut.png
I have been in Rome but this is relatively close. Maybe not 1 hour drive but it does provide the option for a car..
They are both considered to be in the north...

- - - Updated - - -

Legend says he ran the full trip to Turin, to show his new employer the only thing he's good at.

Apr 10, 2014
I would far rather have Chiesa in the team than either Suarez or Dzeko.

He is a lot younger, more versatile, works harder, and is faster.

If you look at Bayern Munich and Liverpool, you see that today’s game is all about speed and intensity. Chiesa is not that technically gifted but he suits the modern game well.
Chiesa is not fast for a winger and not good at defending either. Not technically gifted but suits the "modern game"well? ..I'd say players with technical skill would suit the modern game even better. You'd pay 40mil for him to be a backup?
He works hard and is young but that's not near enough at that price since he'd never be a starter here.

Apr 29, 2006
Chiesa is nothing to write home about. Meh player. Isn't bad as a young buck who'll intensify the competition for places, but not 50+M. And I know 50 today is like 15 a few years ago.

Morata could be just what the doctor ordered. I think Diego Simeone's Atletico is a scrap yard for strikers. Torres, Costa, Morata, Mandzukic are just a few of those who couldn't fulfill Simeone's expectation for the position. Maybe a Suarez would be more what he wants, but the rest aren't bad stikers per say.

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Chiesa is good but it is also true that he is way overrated. I mean Fiorentina want 70M for him - Kulusevski who is IMO twice the player came for 35M...
Anyway - Up to 40M I can understand but over that price its a pure waste..
I personally would rather see us sign someone else rather than use even 40M for Chiesa...

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Chiesa:

1. Is a versatile player who can play anywhere across the front line
2. has exceptional workrate
3. Is quick and direct
4. Is young
5. Almost never injured

Not every signing we make needs to be a superstar. I don’t rate Chiesa as an exceptional talent, but I think he could be a very useful addition to the team.
The thing is he's not exactly available for 30 million...

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Chiesa:

1. Is a versatile player who can play anywhere across the front line
2. has exceptional workrate
3. Is quick and direct
4. Is young
5. Almost never injured

Not every signing we make needs to be a superstar. I don’t rate Chiesa as an exceptional talent, but I think he could be a very useful addition to the team.
fuck chiesa,
Wish we bought Ferran Torres who was cheaper and better

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
fuck chiesa,
Wish we bought Ferran Torres who was cheaper and better
Torres isnt better... They are both overhyped.. One had one good season while the other played some nice seasons + is a key part of the Italian national team..

- - - Updated - - -

Suarez cheating?! He probably dived in the test as well...

- - - Updated - - -

Still one of the best RB in the world but I think we should move on and get his second coming in Dest (his youtube really reminds me of D.Alves)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)