Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (206 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Why would we need Chiesa if we have Kulu and Dybala? He would have to play on the left, which he can, but doesn't seem like a priority.
Chiesa:

1. Is a versatile player who can play anywhere across the front line
2. has exceptional workrate
3. Is quick and direct
4. Is young
5. Almost never injured

Not every signing we make needs to be a superstar. I don’t rate Chiesa as an exceptional talent, but I think he could be a very useful addition to the team.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Chiesa:

3. Is quick and direct
4. Is young
5. Almost never injured

Not every signing we make needs to be a superstar. I don’t rate Chiesa as an exceptional talent, but I think he could be a very useful addition to the team.
the main issue with chiesa, at least for me, is his price tag. There’s no way he’s worth more than 40m imo but his valuation is 50+.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Chiesa:

3. Is quick and direct
4. Is young
5. Almost never injured

Chiesa:

3. Is quick and direct
4. Is young
5. Almost never injured

We signed Kulu and are trying to get rid of extra players.

Where do you see Chiesa fit in Pirlo's tactic?

No ideal role for him, closest are SS and RM/Cuadrado's role. Too expensive and good to be Dybala's sub, already have Kulu and Wes as alts for Cuadra.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
We signed Kulu and are trying to get rid of extra players.

Where do you see Chiesa fit in Pirlo's tactic?

No ideal role for him, closest are SS and RM/Cuadrado's role. Too expensive and good to be Dybala's sub, already have Kulu and Wes as alts for Cuadra.
In a 3412, Chiesa can play as wingback on either side, as attacking midfielder, and even as one of the forwards.

A super adaptable player who (unlike Padoin and Sturaro) is actually quite good is worth so much over the course of a season.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I would far rather have Chiesa in the team than either Suarez or Dzeko.

He is a lot younger, more versatile, works harder, and is faster.

If you look at Bayern Munich and Liverpool, you see that today’s game is all about speed and intensity. Chiesa is not that technically gifted but he suits the modern game well.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
In a 3412, Chiesa can play as wingback on either side, as attacking midfielder, and even as one of the forwards.

A super adaptable player who (unlike Padoin and Sturaro) is actually quite good is worth so much over the course of a season.
He can't play WB on left. That player lines up as LB defensively.

We have plenty of AM options and he isn't an AM anyway.

We're getting Morata as third striker, and should we need another one, it should be someone like Kean, not 50m Chiesa.

We're struggling to get rid of excess players and don't have funds for players we need (actual F/WBs) and could actually use (like generational talent Aouar who costs the same) and had to settle for Suarez/Dzeko/Morata/Giroud selection, and you wanna drop 50m on Chiesa coz he's eclectic? What are you, Marotta?

- - - Updated - - -

If you look at Bayern Munich and Liverpool, you see that today’s game is all about speed and intensity. Chiesa is not that technically gifted but he suits the modern game well.
Chiesa isn't a box striker. He's Chiesa, not Belotti.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014

chiesas engine is elite. That dude just imposes his will on the game. He’s only got two seasons left on his contract, so Fiorentina will probably look to sell ASAP. If we could get him for 40m or so, we should do it. He’d immediately replace Cuadrado.

Jun 16, 2020

I agree. Get him and let’s see if we can turn him in a wingback so Cuadrado doesn’t have to play everything. Occasionally using him as a winger if we change formation.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
He can't play WB on left. That player lines up as LB defensively.

We have plenty of AM options and he isn't an AM anyway.

We're getting Morata as third striker, and should we need another one, it should be someone like Kean, not 50m Chiesa.

We're struggling to get rid of excess players and don't have funds for players we need (actual F/WBs) and could actually use (like generational talent Aouar who costs the same) and had to settle for Suarez/Dzeko/Morata/Giroud selection, and you wanna drop 50m on Chiesa coz he's eclectic? What are you, Marotta?

- - - Updated - - -

Chiesa isn't a box striker. He's Chiesa, not Belotti.
1. Cuadrado is 32 and suffers from muscle injuries every season. Chiesa is an excellent option as RWB.

2. He wouldn’t be first choice attacking midfielder but we need depth up top and Chiesa provides that with his versatility. We can’t win the league and challenge for the UCL with only 11 players

3. Chiesa played striker very often last season, often in a two man partnership with Ribery. Chiesa can play that role.

4. You don’t need a typical box striker to win the UCL. Look at Liverpool 2019. Football is evolving.

5. I’d rather drop 50m on a 22 year old then add yet another 33 year old to our team who will be deadwood within a season. As we have experienced this summer, it’s very hard to get rid of old players on high wages.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Why would we need Chiesa if we have Kulu and Dybala? He would have to play on the left, which he can, but doesn't seem like a priority.
His attacking output is too weak to play him as an attacker IMO. His best position would we RWB in 352 which he played just a couple of days ago for Fiorentina (and he had an assist) or as a winger in 442/4231.

In our lineup vs Samp he could play RWB or perhaps a little more advanced position like Ramsey's, who at times played as a winger that cuts in.

IMO we should cash in on DC and go for Chiesa. We have no Cuadrado replacement and he's versatile enough to play in other positions too.

I'd never buy him for classic 433 though.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
1. Cuadrado is 32 and suffers from muscle injuries every season. Chiesa is an excellent option as RWB.

2. He wouldn’t be first choice attacking midfielder but we need depth up top and Chiesa provides that with his versatility. We can’t win the league and challenge for the UCL with only 11 players

3. Chiesa played striker very often last season, often in a two man partnership with Ribery. Chiesa can play that role.

4. You don’t need a typical box striker to win the UCL. Look at Liverpool 2019. Football is evolving.

5. I’d rather drop 50m on a 22 year old then add yet another 33 year old to our team who will be deadwood within a season. As we have experienced this summer, it’s very hard to get rid of old players on high wages.
1. I already mentioned Kulu and Wes as RWB/RM options. And then you've useless Berna. Why do you want yet another option?

2. We don't have 11 players. We've too many players we're trying to get rid of. Depth where Chiesa can play isn't needed as I highlighted, including RWB.

3. I said he can play SS (even though doesn't score a lot and better as hardworking wide player) but isn't a box striker, which you understood based on 4, so what are you talking about?

4. You don't need to start a #9 but you need one in the squad. And for the love of god, quit mentioning Liverpool and Bayern.

5. Exactly. We're trying to get rid of players and don't have "11" like you claimed in 2. How about drop 50m on 22 yo Aouar? After securing 5th option for RWB, what do you plan on doing for LB and with what funds?

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
1. I already mentioned Kulu and Wes as RWB/RM options. And then you've useless Berna. Why do you want yet another option?
Kulu and Chiesa are completely different players. Chiesa is noticeably quicker, while Kulu is a better passer. Kulu is far more suited to playing as a 10 while Chiesa is better out wide. They actually compliment each other quite well.

Kulu at wingback would be a complete waste of talent.

2. We don't have 11 players. We've too many players we're trying to get rid of. Depth where Chiesa can play isn't needed as I highlighted, including RWB.
Chiesa is significantly better than the players we are trying to get rid of, is that not how you improve and upgrade a team? Get rid of the bad players and bring in better ones?

3. I said he can play SS (even though doesn't score a lot and better as hardworking wide player) but isn't a box striker, which you understood based on 4, so what are you talking about?
My point is that he can play as a forward/false 9. He can also play on either flank and as an attacking midfielder. He can play all those positions at a reasonably high level. His value lies in his adaptability.

4. You don't need to start a #9 but you need one in the squad. And for the love of god, quit mentioning Liverpool and Bayern.
Why should I stop comparing ourselves to the best teams in Europe? Is that not where we should aspire to be?

5. Exactly. We're trying to get rid of players and don't have "11" like you claimed in 2. How about drop 50m on 22 yo Aouar? After securing 5th option for RWB, what do you plan on doing for LB and with what funds?
I actually think that Bernardeschi can make decent LWB, and I also believe that Sandro is coming back from injury soon. Beyond that, Chiesa would likely be first choice RWB if we bought him. He’s better than Cuadrado nowadays.

As a whole, I believe our team lacks pace, intensity and width. We play too narrow and we don’t have enough players who are rapid. Chiesa is not an amazing talent but he could be an amazing system player.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
For meme this is not Contes 352 and in Pirlo system one of the WBs has to be defesive minded, so he can play full back in defensive phase. In this case we have Cuads and Berna as attacking WB and Sandro plus Frabotta/MdS as defensive ones. Dont think there is a place for Chiesa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 202)