Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (49 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2020
paying to resealse khedira and higuain
keeping ramsey
getting dzeko
not signing Dest or any decent right fullback
failing to sell bernardeschi or costa
not singing aouar or any decent midfielder

crap mercato with poor planning.
Sacked Sarri to get Pirlo

We paid (/gonna pay) a lot less then what Khedira and Higuaín would’ve earned if they stayed a full season. No real offers received anyway.

Swap between Pjanic and Arthur is great imo. Matuidi finally gone.

Pellegrini is a improvement compared to De Sciglio.

Kulusevski is really nice.

McKennie we still don’t know yet, but could be a nice surprise.

Pjaca, Perin and Romero to bad we didn’t receive big offers, but I believe this is the best we could do after the crisis.

Mercato isn’t over yet for Costa. And Berna honestly I think he’ll be fine if used as a wingback.

Dzeko I was against but have to confess it’s unrealistic to expect a 25 year old striker if we don’t have the resources.

At least for now it seems like some youngsters will play this season.

Overal we didn’t do so bad at all considering the financial mess. Hopefully we sort the Dzeko, Khedira, De Sciglio saga fast to focus on a last good transfer (Ramsey and/or Costa out and a new CM, who knows). The dirty work seems almost over, finally. I’m not complaining to much at this point.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
paying to resealse khedira and higuain
keeping ramsey
getting dzeko
not signing Dest or any decent right fullback
failing to sell bernardeschi or costa
not singing aouar or any decent midfielder

crap mercato with poor planning.
You make it out we had queues of clubs wanting khedira and higuain off us, but we chose to let them go at our own expense. :lol:

Ramsey has to stay this season or we lose the tax benefit on him too, thus we pay more money.

Poor planning... yeah this is not football manager where all deals are done in matter of minutes, given the exception of Chelsea and to some extent city, nobody is really buying anyone in these difficult climates.

Our primary objective of this mercato was to cut the deadwood which to a large extent we've achieved and rejuvenate the squad which we are achieving.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Would not be surprised if Ramsey and Costa were both sold in the next couple of weeks.

I think Locatelli is still an objective. The 40m price tag is just a bluff by sassuolo, they know nobody is paying that, especially now.

Aouar still seems like a fantasy, but nobody else has made a real play for him either, so you never know.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
You make it out we had queues of clubs wanting khedira and higuain off us, but we chose to let them go at our own expense.

Ramsey has to stay this season or we lose the tax benefit on him too, thus we pay more money.

Poor planning... yeah this is not football manager where all deals are done in matter of minutes, given the exception of Chelsea and to some extent city, nobody is really buying anyone in these difficult climates.

Our primary objective of this mercato was to cut the deadwood which to a large extent we've achieved and rejuvenate the squad which we are achieving.
Problem is a lot on here don't realize it's not like buying groceries. There is many considerations beside the money you have available when mercato arises. Taxes, tax breaks, bonuses, salary. Amortization etc etc

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
You make it out we had queues of clubs wanting khedira and higuain off us, but we chose to let them go at our own expense. :lol:

So understanding you are :touched:

It's almost funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 47)