Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
So basically without any really big additions (unless Kulu or another addition does extremely well) I guess we will find out how much of a difference Pirlo will make compared to Sarri.
Arthur & Kulu are obviously big additions, pal. Even McKennie is somewhat what we have been missing ever since Vidal left in terms of fighting spirit. That's if we can believe what is being written ofc.

I don't get whoever is saying we didn't improve. We obviously did... Even Pellegrini staying is an upgrade. Desci was our best LB backup option last season...

And our mercato is not over yet.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I'm re-watching the Milan vs Man Utd CL semi of 2007. What a midfield Milan had - Gattuso, Pirlo, and Seedorf with Kaka behind the striker(s).

I'd kill to have a midfield like that now :sigh:

Milan's defense, Nesta aside, was nothing special that night. Who was playing next to Nesta? Oddo, Kaladze and Jankulovski. It just goes to show how much team unity and cohesion is important, and how having a great midfield can mask many of your deficiencies.
A great midfield can mask the deficiencies of an average defence. Look at Gerard Pique for instance. I never rated him that highly as defender, but Barca and Spain were still able to win many trophies with him because their midfield was so dominant. Pique never had to do any real defending from 2009-2015 because Barca were always on the front foot. Now Barca’s midfield has declined, their average defence has been exposed and Pique has been at the heart of numerous CL humiliations.

May 25, 2019
Arthur & Kulu are obviously big additions, pal. Even McKennie is somewhat what we have been missing ever since Vidal left in terms of fighting spirit. That's if we can believe what is being writtzn ofc.
It will be interesting to see what all 3 can bring to the table. If all 3 play really well then we are instantly a better team than we were in Sarri's last game.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Midfield is yet to be seen if its upgraded, Arthur is a big question mark for me and so is McKennie, but we definitely solved our defence problems:
- Chiellini is back,
- Demiral is back,
- Pellegrini is here with MdS going out, with MdS we really only had 3 FBs last year,
And the most important thing - no more zonal defending, which was so shit for us.
Ofc there is a problem with de Ligt, but imo we can deal for few weeks with out him.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
If Khedira leaves, another mid arrives
Let's face it - it's not about who arrives in Khedira's place anymore. All that needs to happen is to get rid of his fat contract as he contributes next to nothing to this team. Even if Juve replaces him with some kid like Fagioli or Caviglia, it's already an improvement because those kids at the very least will be there to step on the pitch if Pirlo sees a need to do so.

As underwhelming as it might sound, it seems like the midfield is already set up - players like Rabiot, Arthur and Ramsey need to play considering how much they make here. Then you have Bentancur who has grown a lot, plus that American kid who still needs to show what he's made of but that indicates only he needs to be given some chances, otherwise bringing him in wouldn't make any sense in the first place.

I would be supper happy if Aouar came in to take Khedira's place but at this point I couldn't care less as this is highly unlikely in this post-covid market. Juve needs to cut the wages first and foremost and I can live with a promising kid taking Khedira's place for sure.

Offloading MDS will be another step. I consider Pellegrini a better player anyway.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Who knows, maybe we sign Aouar with that small loan + obligation gymnastics.
Yeah, maybe. On the other hand Lyon already did some proper selling and Aulas is never the one to bend over easily.

Some hope is there but I think it doesn't make sense for Lyon to sell him this Summer, unless the player forces the move (and that might no be enough as we've seen recently with different players and clubs).

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
With names like dzeko at 7m per season it means he is starting upfront. But I just dont see a player like Giroud starting...i see him being back up. But does that dybala is the cf? Then again pirlo keeps saying he needs a number 9. So fucking confusing.

Midfield is done I reckon...we will sign this cf and sell costa and offload MDS....wingers/full backs are done...plenty of cbs. 5 midfielders for 3 spots...kulu replaces costa...i just hope we loan kean as well...just for rotation.

petszata

Jul 7, 2020
With names like dzeko at 7m per season it means he is starting upfront. But I just dont see a player like Giroud starting...i see him being back up. But does that dybala is the cf? Then again pirlo keeps saying he needs a number 9. So fucking confusing.

Midfield is done I reckon...we will sign this cf and sell costa and offload MDS....wingers/full backs are done...plenty of cbs. 5 midfielders for 3 spots...kulu replaces costa...i just hope we loan kean as well...just for rotation.
Midfielders are 4 (Ramsey is 70% injured)... still need younger fir guy if Khedira terminates)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
someone can translate?

- - - Updated - - -

okay, watched with english subtitles, says nothing new, we are waiting for Milik yes to buy Dzeko and also offload MdS, Pjaca to Genoa. Khedira will be gone and confirms arrival of Dybala agent to Turin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)