Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (69 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
If the rumors are true that we secured a loan deal for him then that is probably why we went this direction.

Are Locatelli or De Paul going to be available on a loan + option/ obligation deal? Remember finances be tight this year so if we can get him for only 3mil loan then imo this is a great deal for a decent young midfield backup.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
If the rumors are true that we secured a loan deal for him then that is probably why we went this direction.

Are Locatelli or De Paul going to be available on a loan + option/ obligation deal? Remember finances be tight this year so if we can get him for only 3mil loan then imo this is a great deal for a decent young midfield backup.
Yes deal is nice but God forbid a starter gets hurt do you want mchennie playing or de paul/locatelli

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

yeh indeed-

He is not the shit as far as we know, but the price is too temting to ignnore, taking in accoint our situation and the money we are losing with Khedira and Higuain

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Is McKennie at least in top 3 of most famous "soccer" players in USA right now?
Pulisic is obviously the most famous, who goes after him?

As far as players currently eligible for the USMNT, absolutely. I would say it's Pulisic, John Brooks, and then McKennie

But I could be wrong. @Enron has a better feel for the National Team than I do

- - - Updated - - -

Josh Sargent and especially Gio Reyna are 2 exciting young players as well

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Yes deal is nice but God forbid a starter gets hurt do you want mchennie playing or de paul/locatelli
Depends what is needed in that situation. As i haven't seen how Pirlo intends to line up, who else will play in midfield, will we line up with a front three that require players behind them to make up a lot of running etc. its pretty much impossible to answer that question right now

but if I am to assume that our starting midfield will be Bentancur - Rabiot - Arthur and the three on the bench will be Locatelli, Mckennie and Ramsey then I see three bench CMs that all offer something different. Locatelli the backup regista, Ramsey the backup attacking option and Mckennie the backup B2B

- - - Updated - - -

US popularity isn't important. americans only buy MAGA stuff, apple products, Jordan shoes, guns, and Beer. everything else is not worth advertising
This to a degree. If this was Barcelona or City then signing an American might help build the profile in the US but Juventus?

Americans aren't going to watch Juventus in large numbers imo regardless of who we sign. Serie A is not on tv here and its slow paced, mediocre quality teams, crap stadiums and poor broadcast quality. We don't have much hope of that market.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Nice for marketing. Would be our first ever American player.

I know absolutely nothing about him as a player tho. What style of midfielder is he? Big potential? Not injury prone? I need answers damnit
From what I heard so far he is good at scoring goals, intercepting, has good fitness and work rates, is excellent in the air. His passing is supposed to be his weak point. Hopefully Pirlo can help with that.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Depends what is needed in that situation. As i haven't seen how Pirlo intends to line up, who else will play in midfield, will we line up with a front three that require players behind them to make up a lot of running etc. its pretty much impossible to answer that question right now

but if I am to assume that our starting midfield will be Bentancur - Rabiot - Arthur and the three on the bench will be Locatelli, Mckennie and Ramsey then I see three bench CMs that all offer something different. Locatelli the backup regista, Ramsey the backup attacking option and Mckennie the backup B2B

- - - Updated - - -

This to a degree. If this was Barcelona or City then signing an American might help build the profile in the US but Juventus?

Americans aren't going to watch Juventus in large numbers imo regardless of who we sign. Serie A is not on tv here and its slow paced, mediocre quality teams, crap stadiums and poor broadcast quality. We don't have much hope of that market.
What are you even saying ? There is a reason ESPN bought the rights and it is on TV every week plus the app. Its the main driving force for espm+ subscribers. Also there is no bad streams anymore

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Nice for marketing. Would be our first ever American player.

I know absolutely nothing about him as a player tho. What style of midfielder is he? Big potential? Not injury prone? I need answers damnit
Very well rounded.

Like most Americans best qualities are his physicality. Work rate, strength, beating others in the air and, while its not his prime area of strength, he is more than decent technically. Part of what makes him stand out from other Americans who are mostly hustle.

Potential weaknesses seem to be his aggressive nature and temperament, argues alot with refs, opposing players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)