Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (122 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Ronaldo dint take any paycut

He used to earn 23M net at Madrid...

So we would somehow expect Messi to take a paycut?

This theory is just so absurd. We would have half our matches for the 2 greatest players in our generation in a 41K seat stadium. Unless they raise ticket prices by 100 Euro per seat, there is no way we can generate the revenue to break even.

Juve would have to do that, and make all of their matches a pay per view event in order to tread weather

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
IIRC, Ronaldo took a very minimal pay cut in gross wages to come here, and Messi makes a hell of a lot more.

Why would Messi take more of a pay cut to come here? Because that is what it would take. You would be asking him to take a greater paycut than Ronaldo did to come on board.
Messi has a contract until 2021, so only one more year. I think his net wages are around 40M, which for barca is around 80M gross. For us the same would be around 50M gross I think (or less). We (and inter for that matter) would have a headstart from the get go, thanks to the tax law in Italy.

Now, we don't know as of now who he is in talks with and what his demands are. But I pretty much doubt anyone will pay him 80M a year (maybe with the exception of PSG and City, but they're in FFP trouble as it is, do they need more smoke?) on a multi year contract. Let's say he settles for 20M a year (and the remaining 20M he was to make during the last year on his barcelona contract, we pay him through a sign on fee), that's less than 100M for the total cost of the whole operation. That's what we paid for Higgy WITHOUT his wages. For a guy that had 20+ goals and 20+ assists in the season that just finished. Do you guys think that would be a bad deal?

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
So we would somehow expect Messi to take a paycut?

This theory is just so absurd. We would have half our matches for the 2 greatest players in our generation in a 41K seat stadium. Unless they raise ticket prices by 100 Euro per seat, there is no way we can generate the revenue to break even.

Juve would have to do that, and make all of their matches a pay per view event in order to tread weather
Agree. Juve would go bankrupt just in facilitating Messi and Ronaldo on the team.

I think most people are joking about this. This is more unrealistic than thinking Juve would have won a CL under Sarri...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
When a new mediocrity cycle comes, we always start with a new ItalJuve plan, where overpriced and overrated young and Italian nobodies absorve our budget and hopes...
Locatelli?? Seriously? Is the man that will make the difference in CL?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You guys are absolutely nuts or hopeful retards. Litterally not even a 0,00001% of a rumour he is coming to Juve. Basically is the last club of top clubs he could come to, both financially and sporting wise (there is no way anyone can tell me him and Ronaldo would stand to play together).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 111)