Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (342 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Roma are asking for €10m to sell Dzeko. He would also earn about €7m/yr. (GdS)

Buffon & the new Juventus coach Pirlo want Vidal to return... Pirlo personally called him to find out what will happen to his future, since he considers that he may be one of the key players in the project that is beginning." [La Cuarte]

Report comes from France: Lyon will sell Aouar for €50m+ this summer.

Juventus are in pole position to sign Aouar and the arrival of Pirlo on the bench in Turin brings even more weight to Aouar choosing Juventus. @AlexisBernard10

According to the Spanish press, Atletico Madrid are ready to make an offer of €30M to sign Federico Bernardeschi.

No confirmations on the Rugani-Bellerin news that was reported in the Spanish press. [Di Marzio]

Fulham are interested in Mattia Perin. [Di Marzio]

Houssem Aouar prefers Juventus over other teams. [Le10Sport]
You're the best

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

Bet he will be a starter here if he comes

- - - Updated - - -

'Some young players might be included'

:lol:

Tbh my coping mechanism has kicked in already and I think he could be a decent short term option.
Around Turin quotes this Guido vaciago a lot.

Only thing I see wrong with this is the 7m salary. Best be lowered it if he joins us.

- - - Updated - - -

Can’t they just do a swap.
Not everyone is a Barca

- - - Updated - - -

And pay him full salary for this season? What would be the point?

I am the last person who wants Higuain here but unless some MLS or Chinese team wants him and he agrees, we might as well keep him. We are going to pay him anyway, why waste even more money on another has-been?
Because he's useless?

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Like who and how much would they cost
Im not Paratici so its not up to me to find one but Im sure we can find one talented hungry young player.
Cost might be more than 10M but it surely not going to be 7M wages and there is also the re-sale value and everything..
I dont know about that PSV dude and how much he`d cost and I can say that even though Iv`e seen Dembele - I have no clue as to how much Lyon would ask for him.
These are just two suggestion but Im sure Paratici with all his scouts can do some nice research...

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Im not Paratici so its not up to me to find one but Im sure we can find one talented hungry young player.
Cost might be more than 10M but it surely not going to be 7M wages and there is also the re-sale value and everything..
I dont know about that PSV dude and how much he`d cost and I can say that even though Iv`e seen Dembele - I have no clue as to how much Lyon would ask for him.
These are just two suggestion but Im sure Paratici with all his scouts can do some nice research...
Come on bro, there's no way we will actually count on an unproven value, no big club will count on a scouted youngster to deliver from day one.

This whole anti dzeko movement is one big joke. He's cheap and a solid value on the pitch. If you want younger, you need money and or sacrificing plugging other holes.

Jun 16, 2020
I’d like us to try for Scamacca if we’re going to use unproven players.

If he isnt good enough, let’s see what we can get in the winter mercato as old strikers are available for basically nothing during that time.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Don’t you folks think Milik is the better option? Even though he could cost to get here we still can use a player in exchange as we would to get Dzeko. The trade off probably meaning the value will actually be similar to signing Edin (who we most definitely will make some kind of trade for given our perceived lack of cash).

Then the upside of the deal is we get a player on lower wages; and if it doesn’t work out, with a better resale value and more marketability to other clubs because he is much younger.

I’m just really anxious with Dzeko that we will find ourselves in another situation like we currently are in with Higuaín/Khedira.

Do you really think the solution to a problem is potentially another problem?

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Don’t you folks think Milik is the better option? Even though he could cost to get here we still can use a player in exchange as we would to get Dzeko. The trade off probably meaning the value will actually be similar to signing Edin (who we most definitely will make some kind of trade for given our perceived lack of cash).

Then the upside of the deal is we get a player on lower wages; and if it doesn’t work out, with a better resale value and more marketability to other clubs because he is much younger.

I’m just really anxious with Dzeko that we will find ourselves in another situation like we currently are in with Higuaín/Khedira.

The problem with Milik is the cost Napoli are demanding 40-50 million euros and also ACL injuries make him a risky signing Dzeko has had a good season last year with 16 goals and he can play the benzema role at least till Ronaldo is here

Jun 16, 2020

For me Milik was interesting if we could’ve made a scambio with Bernardeschi. That didn’t worked out. I don’t want to give Napoli young players like Pellegrini and Romero.

We agreed a 5m contract with Milik, still a lot imo.

Napoli continues to do difficult, so imo either we wait till the last day of the mercato and buy him for basically nothing, or we wait until the winter mercato and sign him for free. But I don’t want to spend much on him.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

We don't have money for solutions, we are trading off a bigger problem for a lesser one. I personally don't rate milik but it was made clear Berna didn't want to go to Napoli. So i don't see how he's still a possibility.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Come on bro, there's no way we will actually count on an unproven value, no big club will count on a scouted youngster to deliver from day one.

This whole anti dzeko movement is one big joke. He's cheap and a solid value on the pitch. If you want younger, you need money and or sacrificing plugging other holes.
For me keeping Higuain=Keeping Dzeko - Yeah I`d prefer the later because he is more lightweight but I dont see a big difference between the two

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Dzeko is clearly a temporary fix, but hopefully not a bodge job. For a Higuain replacement of similar quality you buy older or pay a lot, that's the problem.
This , i have no problem with Dzeko if it's going to be 2y contract!

People still suggest we should go for someone younger but they don't give any name , are we supposed to pay 70 mln € for Jimenez ? And make another Higuain 2.0 hell no .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 341)