Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (108 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I know AS + Pellegrini and Cuads + Danilo is faaaar from perfect but I see more urgent needs elsewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

no, it just took a wrong turn with milik and de paul.
Milik is uninspiring to say the least but De Paul would turn out decent IMO. That shows the current state of our midfield though.

At the moment De Paul is an upgrade over all of our geezers and flops in the midfield, easily. Should we buy him? I'd much rather have Aouar and Partey types of signings but that most probably won't happen :(

Last edited:

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Going back to a 3-man backline feels like regression TBH. A player like Kulusevski is wasted as a wingback, and I feel like it's impossible to have a little Arthur in the middle.

Bayerns devastating 4231/424 formation with players asked to run a minimum of 12km/game really seems like the future. Can't imagine what will match them TBH.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Going back to a 3-man backline feels like regression TBH. A player like Kulusevski is wasted as a wingback, and I feel like it's impossible to have a little Arthur in the middle.

Bayerns devastating 4231/424 formation with players asked to run a minimum of 12km/game really seems like the future. Can't imagine what will match them TBH.
The real regression was done last summer when we assigned Sarri, anything we do now is an upgrade.

I feel that the transfer market is too slow but I like the idea that it extends to a well long period into the season. Hopefully that we can cope in the beginning until we strengthen according to what Pirlo wants.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
It must be terrible that nobody from the MLS has even made an offer for khedira and or higuain yet
Khedira basically injured for 2 season in a row. Our mistake is that Sarri seems believe him in pre season and beginning of the season. And this made Tici extend him another 1 year. There won't be any team willing to pay him without some assurances that he will be healthy

For Higuain, i still can see some teams in Qatar or MLS buy him. He can still contribute for them like in our first half of last season. But the problem is in his mentality and motivation

Jun 16, 2020
Khedira basically injured for 2 season in a row. Our mistake is that Sarri seems believe him in pre season and beginning of the season. And this made Tici extend him another 1 year. There won't be any team willing to pay him without some assurances that he will be healthy

For Higuain, i still can see some teams in Qatar or MLS buy him. He can still contribute for them like in our first half of last season. But the problem is in his mentality and motivation
No he got extended the year before that, his contract expired this summer, and Marotta gave him a new one.

The problem last year was that no player wanted to leave: Mandzukic, Can, Khedira, Higuain etc could all leave but they refused.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
The real regression was done last summer when we assigned Sarri, anything we do now is an upgrade.

I feel that the transfer market is too slow but I like the idea that it extends to a well long period into the season. Hopefully that we can cope in the beginning until we strengthen according to what Pirlo wants.
Surely it didn't go as planned. The plan was to move towards a more attacking style. Sarri was supposed to bring that. We gave him Matuidi, Khedira, Higuain, Danilo and Bernardeschi. It failed. I don't argue we should have kept Sarri, but IMO, Sarri was an attempt to move in the right direction. I want a coach with ideas. Someone who has a plan and will clean up and bring in players suited for that plan. I hate our approach of the past few years where we just bring in whoever is available. I feel like we missed the train of international success. And running after the train, we'll never catch it. We have to stop, and build a new train that runs faster so we'll catch it in the long run.

Essentially it's a crossroad of two options. A: go for the 10th scudetto and dont stand a chance in CL. B: rebuild. accept a second or third place but win the scudetto in 2-3 years, and hope for another period of domestic domination.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Surely it didn't go as planned. The plan was to move towards a more attacking style. Sarri was supposed to bring that. We gave him Matuidi, Khedira, Higuain, Danilo and Bernardeschi. It failed. I don't argue we should have kept Sarri, but IMO, Sarri was an attempt to move in the right direction. I want a coach with ideas. Someone who has a plan and will clean up and bring in players suited for that plan. I hate our approach of the past few years where we just bring in whoever is available. I feel like we missed the train of international success. And running after the train, we'll never catch it. We have to stop, and build a new train that runs faster so we'll catch it in the long run.

Essentially it's a crossroad of two options. A: go for the 10th scudetto and dont stand a chance in CL. B: rebuild. accept a second or third place but win the scudetto in 2-3 years, and hope for another period of domestic domination.
That plan was doomed to failure from the very first beginning, it was that obvious and anything else was wishful thinking.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Romero, no point in selling him - bought for 26m year ago, they would have to pay 30m + else the plusvalenza is minimal. Its better for us to sell Rugani. Who the fuck gave him such a fat contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 97)