Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (399 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 13, 2010
Probably because De Paul is big fish in a small pond, when he come to Juve he will be just a medium fish in a really big pond
You can say that, but in turn, he gets better teammates around him, which in theory should make him even better.

Luis Alberto though... He is so good it's not even comparable haha

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Defensive work, no. Passing, opening up play and passing range, yes. He moves the ball better.
I think it's mainly because we played a special sexy kind of football this year. Rodrigo has a pretty decent long-ball, he is even in charge of free-kicks and corners. It's just longballs and through passes are not "fair", I guess, enough according to Sarri. His philosophy is "slowly move forward, let opponents settle comfortably in defense and then bore him to death".

Aidinju

Nov 2, 2017
guys i was saying who the f is de paul and i just wanted sms but just searched his name and saw this clip. he is actually very good player. first of all he can carry the ball forward and for this shitty midfield that we have its a good addition. second, most of our players are very poor in first touches specially when someone is pressing them their brains just starts to fart so bad but de paul is very good in first touches as well. if we compare him to sms it seems that he only lacks in aerial duels. i just dont know anything about his workrate which is very important for us and is something that we are lacking after losing vidal. if he can run enough and has good workrate then 35 mil is very good imo.

Jun 16, 2020
Sourced via the mirror so its bullshit, I'm certain we will give him a 2nd chance unless a suitable offer arrives.
Im not very familiar with English sources, and I don’t trust any media outside Italian in general. Spanish media sucks to.

Anyway, I think he’s for sale, but it depends on the will of the player to. He can easily refuse of course. So let’s hope Pirlo really doesn’t want him, I think we won’t have much problems selling him.

Quite sure tho that he could be very useful if he’d stay fit for 80% of the season, but he clearly isn’t, and he’s getting way to much money.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
guys i was saying who the f is de paul and i just wanted sms but just searched his name and saw this clip. he is actually very good player. first of all he can carry the ball forward and for this shitty midfield that we have its a good addition. second, most of our players are very poor in first touches specially when someone is pressing them their brains just starts to fart so bad but de paul is very good in first touches as well. if we compare him to sms it seems that he only lacks in aerial duels. i just dont know anything about his workrate which is very important for us and is something that we are lacking after losing vidal. if he can run enough and has good workrate then 35 mil is very good imo.
And I think we will go for him, given SMS is unsellable by Lazio

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
Locatelli is good, rarely misplace the pass when he play for Sassuolo
But still worried he will be nervous when it comes playing for big clubs like Juventus
Hopefully he can get through that phase. Almost the same can be said for De Paul

It is either they will step up their game to match Juve expectation or they play like mediocre and we look like a midtable team
The kind of risks we have to take since we aren't that rich.

Jun 16, 2020
Locatelli is good, rarely misplace the pass when he play for Sassuolo
But still worried he will be nervous when it comes playing for big clubs like Juventus
Hopefully he can get through that phase. Almost the same can be said for De Paul

It is either they will step up their game to match Juve expectation or they play like mediocre and we look like a midtable team
Still it are two very realistic options and would fit perfectly. De Paul is imo more a box to box player, while Locatelli plays in front of the defense as a CDM.

They’re both no great individuals who’ll lift our midfield like Casemiro or Isco would do, but if we use a more realistic tactic with Pirlo our midfield looks nice with Arthur, De Paul, Bentancur, Rabiot and Ramsey/X.

Ronaldo - Dybala - Kulusevski
Arthur - Bentancur - De Paul

If we can sign both of them for ~25m and at ~2m salary I’d be very happy. I see both Sassuolo and Udinese asking for more, but usually these clubs are willing to accept a primavera player to lower the demands.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
locatelli would mean moving bentancur away from that CDM role he is playing right now. and thats a good thing.

he is too skilled to be playing so deep. and his tendency for dramatic flicks and taking on players even when deep in our own box has backfired before. less risky if he is playing up front. helps take pressure off the team and support attacks as well. kind of like pogba was for us with his ability to run with the ball.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Links to Jovic Isco and... Arturo Vidal. (Calciomercato)

Jovic would be good for loan with option
Isco - Few seasons ago, yeah sure. As for now - Not sure..
Vidal - He is quite old now but I think he can still bring here what we miss in midfield in terms of fighting for every ball and getting into opposition area. For a fair price I wouldnt mind him.

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
I like Bentancur but not as our CM. he is not a great passer of the ball .He is not a replacement for Pjanic and even less for Pirlo.
His best place is RM. Arthur would be bette r as CM or Locatelli . He is a much better CM than many think here on Tuz. Yes he is not fast but was Pirlo or Pjanic?
Tonali I know less , saw him only play 3 times. Difficult to judge was Brescia was very bad. He has technique and a not bad vision, but I do not see a Pirlo in him. he work more than Pirlo and is less technical. I like De Paul ,I wrote a good number of post about him. only this more he is much better than Pereyra ,which is saw play more than 50 times.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
There won't be high profile signings, we have lost so much money due to Covid and going out against Lyon. We need to trim the wage bill now, get rid of overpaid stars, and make shrewd signings in the mercato; hungry, up and coming players who are yet to fully prove themselves, who won't cost all that much.

Just forget about Pogba and Isco and Morata and all that stuff, it's just TS trying to sell newspapers.

It's the Zaniolos, Tonalis, De Pauls, Miliks and the likes that we are after.

And you know what, that could actually be a good thing.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
There won't be high profile signings, we have lost so much money due to Covid and going out against Lyon. We need to trim the wage bill now, get rid of overpaid stars, and make shrewd signings in the mercato; hungry, up and coming players who are yet to fully prove themselves, who won't cost all that much.

Just forget about Pogba and Isco and Morata and all that stuff, it's just TS trying to sell newspapers.

Yeah we could easily improve this squad and trim the wage bill raiding Serie A. Then we'll be in a better position next summer to bring in whoever we want because we don't have 900k a week going to gutter trash players that are never fit and usually get outperformed by nobodies when they are.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Yea Pobga is too expensive but we aren't helpless. Other clubs will need to sell too and to do that they will have to lower prices, or work with us on deals to stay afloat.

We can spread out signings over several seasons, do shady swap deals with inflated book values, pusvalenza someone like Rugani for an inflated price with the promise of returning the favor next season.

Paratici is supposed to be good with the financials no? Isn't that why he has the job? After the past two summers now is certainly time for him to earn his keep.

Just get me Zaniolo, Tonali and a CF to be Dybala's backup. Throw in a fullback and its perfect mercato imo. Best we could have done given the circumstances and would be successful mercato Covid or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 389)