Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (195 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
No more Jorginho :sad:

- - - Updated - - -

What im reading today is that a revolution will happen. With many players leaving and new young players coming. Maybe this is year zero. If we somehow manage to win serie A next season then we’ll be settled for many years to come. I still believe we can win it if by November Demiral and De Ligt are our starting CBs. Young, strong, energetic, grinta and no fucking around. Dybala and Ronaldo (if he stays) will carry us to 10th scudetti.
Hard to imagine we can afford it right now though if the club could somehow get Milik, Zaniolo, 1 more CM, and bring back Pellegrini we could have a mini revolution

in:

Arthur
Kulu
Milik (or Kean)
Zaniolo
Luca Pellegrini
new CM
Romero

Won't be able to rid of all of them but hopefully at least 2-3 can get off the wage bill.

Higuain
Bernardeschi
De Sciglio
Pjanic
Matuidi
Khedira
Rugani

^something like the above would clear out ageing deadwood and in some much needed youth, enthusiasm

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8,047
    Pretty impressed with how correct OTM Tuz has been this summer. Got the Sarri sacking spot on.

@Mark, what else is on the books in terms of incoming transfers?
    200.gif

with a new coaching change do things change in the mercato?

maybe not so Milik?
    or do we go another route? Jiménez, Zapata...
    Do we add a young forward to the group?
    midfield will be KEY. Do we go Italian or find a new Vidal?
    There's an offer for AS. Do we replace him with Emerson P? Not an upgrade. Go for Tagliafico or that guy owned by Real on loan at Sevilla.
    Zaniolo stays with these new owners? Possible.
    Sassuolo want to keep Locatelli another year.
    Tonali close to inDa.
    no new RB? Maybe next year?
    I'd start Demiral and de Ligt. Bonucci?

Too many questions and not a lot of time to act.

:think:

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
    Apr 7, 2018
    Tonali, Zaniolo & Chiesa could be the targets for Pirlo's Juventus. [SportMediaset]
    Why Chiesa though? I don’t understand this obsession with him. We already have Kulu, move Cuadrado back to rw/rm (an option off the bench) and sign a good promising RB. Offload Danilo at all costs, along with MDS, Khedira, Berna, Rugani, Higuain and maybe Matuidi. Sign a replacement for Higuain, spend big on Zaniolo, battle for Tonali, bring back Pellegrini for LB backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    you can't offload danilo at all costs, and also sell DS and move cuadrado upfront and sign one "promising" rb

you create several problems:

only 1 rb. so if he flops or gets injured, you have to move cuadrado back there, and that creates gap in attack as kulusevksi becomes only winger in team. so if kulu also gets injured or is not performing, you now have weak right wing AND rb

cuadrado is fine as rb as he has proved it every match. did you feel rb was a weak spot when he was playing? i didnt feel it at all.

chiesa coming in would give us kulu and chiesa for wingers. depth that we desperaelty need.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
    Only one who will leave will be DS. We are stuck with Danilo and Cuadrado will almost certainly be utilized at RB considering Kulu will be here and at least one of Costa or Berna

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
    Apr 5, 2006
    Do you guys think that the management is awarw of our squad weaknesses? Do you think that the management knows that Bernardeschi is useless, the Coata can offer anything to this team due to his injuries? That Higuain is old and past it? That we severely lack a LB since Alex Sandro turned out to be mediocare as fuck and that Cuadrado is almost 32 years old?

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    I know we need to get younger but we need real quality as well. Wouldn't mind seeing Thiago here if his price really is 30m. Sure he's 29 but I feel like we need some real quality.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
    Apr 7, 2018
    you can't offload danilo at all costs, and also sell DS and move cuadrado upfront and sign one "promising" rb

you create several problems:

only 1 rb. so if he flops or gets injured, you have to move cuadrado back there, and that creates gap in attack as kulusevksi becomes only winger in team. so if kulu also gets injured or is not performing, you now have weak right wing AND rb

cuadrado is fine as rb as he has proved it every match. did you feel rb was a weak spot when he was playing? i didnt feel it at all.

chiesa coming in would give us kulu and chiesa for wingers. depth that we desperaelty need.
    No complaining about Cuadrado as a RB, I thought maybe we can get an actual fullback for the future, also to rejuvenate the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
    I am sold on getting Locatelli. Young, sharp, and improving. Play is also very smart and efficient, a bit like Marchisio, plus he should be familiar with the expectations of a club like Juve from his time at Milan and this would be like a second chance for him and his dreams. Should be affordable also and since Sassuolo might be possible to include youth or Rugani or Perin or Romero in the deal. If not expensive then there is luxury of deciding his role as starter or backup depending on performance.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 191)