Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (54 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I am sold on getting Locatelli. Young, sharp, and improving. Play is also very smart and efficient, a bit like Marchisio, plus he should be familiar with the expectations of a club like Juve from his time at Milan and this would be like a second chance for him and his dreams. Should be affordable also and since Sassuolo might be possible to include youth or Rugani or Perin or Romero in the deal. If not expensive then there is luxury of deciding his role as starter or backup depending on performance.

:touched:

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Our current crop of midfielders (excluding the wastemen):

Arthur
Rabiot
Bentancur

Our rumoured targets:

Locatelli
Tonali

Although I do like this crop of midfielders, the problem I have with them is that they are all CM/DM hybrids. They all play their best football from deep, none of them are comfortable in the final third.

Kulusevski could be used as an attacking midfielder but he’s most likely a winger. Arguably the same goes for Zaniolo.

What we desperately need is a proper attacking midfielder like SMS, Pogba, Aouar or even De Paul.

If we do not get one of the aforementioned midfielders, then I think that 4231 might be a better option than 433.

Jun 16, 2020
Our current crop of midfielders (excluding the wastemen):

Arthur
Rabiot
Bentancur

Our rumoured targets:

Locatelli
Tonali

Although I do like this crop of midfielders, the problem I have with them is that they are all CM/DM hybrids. They all play their best football from deep, none of them are comfortable in the final third.

Kulusevski could be used as an attacking midfielder but he’s most likely a winger. Arguably the same goes for Zaniolo.

What we desperately need is a proper attacking midfielder like SMS, Pogba, Aouar or even De Paul.

If we do not get one of the aforementioned midfielders, then I think that 4231 might be a better option than 433.
I agree with that midfield we’re definitely missing somebody who’s good around the box. It reminds me of Barca’s midfield this year, they had the same problems with De Jong, Busquets etc.

Still I somewhere believe that we’re going to use Kulusevski as midfielder, he could play in a role like De Bruyne. Ramsey as backup for him would make our midfield like this: Arthur/Rabiot, Bentancur/Tonali/Locatelli, Kulusevski/Ramsey. One between Tonali of Locatelli should be bought.

That leaves us with a winger and a striker. (actually 2 wingers).

Milik/Berna is still on and I expect this deal to accelerate as the season is finished for both Napoli and Juventus.

Hopefully Paratici hijacks Inters deal with a loan + obligation for Tonali, a swap between Milik and Berna leaves us with enough space for a decent winger like Zaniolo, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we end up with Chiesa.

And I think we won’t sell Costa. Nobody will pay for a chronically injured player at his age.

Ronaldo, Dybala, Milik, Chiesa/Zaniolo and Costa is decent enough in my opinion. Add a U23 player as extra bench option.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Pirlo likes Isco. I think Isco would be a milan-inter-napoli type of purchase, an outcast who will probably not gonna show his best anymore
i guess pirlo wants an isco type of player, but not specifically isco himself. a good am/tq is long overdue, we didn't have any during this new agnelli era. zaniolo is probably the closest thing out of those being linked with us.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
All going forward means our attack is good as we have RDK who are all good pushing forward but midfield needs some revamp which reflects our current problems.
In terms of ideas he seems smart.
Now the question remains - Are we getting a top midfielder or not.
As for Ronaldo to PSG - if we sell him I expect us to sign Haaland

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
We need to find the same grinta and team spirit we had when Pirlo played. There is only one way:

Out:
Higuain
Bernardeschi
Ramsey
Rabiot
Rugani
De Sciglio
Matuidi
Khedira
Costa

In:
Pogba
Quagliarella
Morata
Llorente
Vidal
Asamoah
Pereyra
Sturaro
Cáceres

:touched:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Wow. Are you setting up a retirement home or a football team harboring ambitions of competing for titles?

Also, The Accidental Footballer must never come back. I still have nightmares remembering his "ball control" and "skill on the ball."

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Wow. Are you setting up a retirement home or a football team harboring ambitions of competing for titles?

Also, The Accidental Footballer must never come back. I still have nightmares remembering his "ball control" and "skill on the ball."
I am temped to call you the accidental poster at this forum, but I bring out my inner Pirlo and choose not to.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I am sold on getting Locatelli. Young, sharp, and improving. Play is also very smart and efficient, a bit like Marchisio, plus he should be familiar with the expectations of a club like Juve from his time at Milan and this would be like a second chance for him and his dreams. Should be affordable also and since Sassuolo might be possible to include youth or Rugani or Perin or Romero in the deal. If not expensive then there is luxury of deciding his role as starter or backup depending on performance.

If the 20M thing is right then its a no brainer..
We still need to get a top CM though..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)