Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (106 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2015
Why all Italians? Other markets with better players exist. We shouldn't be so narrow in our focus. What's the point of a scouting network then?

Yes to Tonali and Zaniolo, but I'm not really sold on the other two.
I think we'll be forced to buy some "trained in Italy" players, if the likes of Berna, Rugani and MDS are sold.

Buy on AliExpress.com

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I think we'll be forced to buy some "trained in Italy" players, if the likes of Berna, Rugani and MDS are sold.
yup. i've been stressing on this issue for a while. we'll only have buffon, chiellini, bonucci and dybala left if those mentioned are sold, and two of these are nearing their retirement. getting italian (or at least league trained) players is an urging need, and next summer, these players can get more expensive too.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
Paratici, confirmed by Agnelli, got extra work to do in the next weeks: Higuain, Khedira, Matuidi, Costa, Ramsey, Bernardeschi, De Sciglio, Rugani, Sandro and Danilo are all on the market. Main target is to rejuvenate the team and reduce costs. @Gazzetta_it ‬
Yes please,i love this . I hope we can sell/release them , specially Ramsey,Costa,Higuain,Berna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
i'd love to see tonali here, especially at around 30m. i do think he can become a very good cm in a couple of years. but he's way off the mark at the moment to become an instant starter for juventus.
There's way too many positives in this move to not make it happen:

1) First of all he is quite cheap considering his massive potential, if the rumoured prices are to be believed
2) He has quite a bit of top-level experience despite his age
3) He would fit right in at the perfect position, considering that we now have Pirlo at the helm to nurture his talents in the best way possible
4) He would bring down the average age of our midfield
5) He is Italian: even if it seems trivial, I think a core of Italian players has been the secret to our success in the past years and is a thing that connects great champions. Liverpool rely on many English players, RM and Barca have always had a core of Spanish starters and the great Italian teams of the past have always relied on a core group of Italians. Milan and United started to crumble when they kept buying foreign mercs for big bucks and this is the direction we've been moving for a while now. Now that we are approaching the last years of Gigi and Giorgio, it's time to invest.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
I don't like the 'alternative' part. We need a starting #6 and a backup. Right now nobody can reliably play DM. Bentancur is too risky with the ball even though very good defensively.
Actually I think alternative would be better than first option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Paratici, confirmed by Agnelli, got extra work to do in the next weeks: Higuain, Khedira, Matuidi, Costa, Ramsey, Bernardeschi, De Sciglio, Rugani, Sandro and Danilo are all on the market. Main target is to rejuvenate the team and reduce costs. @Gazzetta_it ‬
9/10 mercato right there if he just manages to sell all of them. Even 5 would make me happy.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
In Paratici's mind, so much transaction to fullfil in next weeks. I better go off to AS Roma

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
Pirlo wants Zaniolo and Tonali at Juventus
AUGUST 9, 2020

Andrea Pirlo’s arrival at Juventus will signal a change in transfer policy with two immediate targets being Sandro Tonali and Nicolo Zaniolo. The 41-year-old was appointed as new Juventus coach yesterday, signalling a dramatic change in club policy and seeing an end to Maurizio Sarri’s brief tenure at the club.

Gazzetta dello Sport report that along with a clear out, there will be a new focus on youth players, with Zaniolo and Tonali the principle targets for the new coach.

Tuttosport report on similar lines, suggesting there won’t be a mad spending spree, rather Juve will look to younger players, avoiding sizable transfer fees. With that in mind, the Turin based daily reports that long-standing target Jorginho will not longer be needed, the focus instead being Tonali, however an alternative could be Sassuolo midfielder Manuel Locatelli.
I don't think so ...but if he is the reason we get both ... I love you more Pirloooo

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Dont buy into this narrative, its very easy for newspapers to print rebuild young Italian project with this appointment. Easy headlines.

Ofcourse we all hope its true, but I'm skeptic.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
We need a full makeover of this team, and if it means investing heavily in youth, and even taking a step back this year, then so be it. This is a necessary evil. We don't have the revenue to replacing aging stars with younger ones. We need to start creating them again the way we used to.

Pirlo is probably here for the long haul, and being the smart man he is, he knows full well that this team is too old to keep up with even the Lyon's of the world on the pitch. They ran circles around us. Can't let that happen anymore.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Douglas Costa, one of the first players who should leave with Khedira & Higuain. The trio getting around €40m/yr

Juventus could consider selling Danilo & Alex Sandro if there’s important offers but the priority for other players. (GdS)

Matuidi’s future is in balance. Pirlo is looking to keep Buffon, Bonucci & Chiellini this season. Douglas Costa, Ramsey, Bernardeschi (perhaps included in the deal for Milik), De Sciglio & Rugani could all leave the club. (GdS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 96)