Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (48 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Exactly, nothing to take notice of until they show something of note. And this is the level of names @Bianconero81 is saying is more exciting then Auba, Milik or Jimenez.
I think the move is to patch it together until you can pay Haaland's clause. Otherwise, all these names are worse than just using Dybala there.

If you want a big prima punta to use in certain situations, then swap something for Dzeko. We can use him, Ronaldo, Dybala and maybe another small rotation option next year while Milik's contract expires (fuck Napoli). Then we can move for Milik at that point instead of paying money now.

Then the next year it's Haaland time.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Exactly, nothing to take notice of until they show something of note. And this is the level of names @Bianconero81 is saying is more exciting then Auba, Milik or Jimenez.
Allow me to clarify. More exciting in terms of potential and ability to save money for a more important/significant purchase. Milik is nothing special, and I am not a big fan of an ageing Auba who's become accustomed to losing and mediocrity suiting up for Arsenal week in week out. As for Jimenez, he's definitely an exciting name, but not for 50 or 60 million.

- - - Updated - - -

I’d take Harry Kane. He’s only 26. Wonder how much he’d cost...probably too much..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Waste of money.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Tbh I would keep Higuain. Nobody's gonna pay his book value anyway. On top of that he can actually play with CR7 and/or Dybala.

If Higuain forces his move to leave, then probably you swap Berna for Milik. All the other options are meh. The club is not going to put too much faith in 20yo strikers who have never really stepped up at a big stage.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Pinamonti and/or Scaramanzia, if signed, will be part of our human trafficking operation, not first team.

We need a good enough CF to cross the ball to in 80th minute when we need a goal against parked buses.

Don't need a fourth striker. Wing depth is enough to cover for that.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Scamacca is 6'4" but he's not a Luca Toni or Graziano Pellè as you might expect from an Italian CF, he got called the new Zlatan because he does have good skill, speed and technique for his size. But yeah, he's strong in the air.

Much like Pinamonti, the jury is definitely out but that possible 3rd CF spot calls for a role player who will put everything into their performances and not complain. You want the Divock Origi (as shit as I think he is) equivalent.
Our own Zalayeta :D

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Milik would be a decent signing but underwhelming as fuck. Those two ACL injuries really robbed him of reaching new levels just as he was beginning to look really good at Napoli. We really should be aiming higher than him.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Napoli are opening up to offers for Milik that include players. Juventus want to use Bernardeschi. [Di Marzio )
Player's contract running out and player also wants us. Ball is in Paratici's court and he holds the cards. I think it'll end up worse for Napoli than it did Barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)