Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (59 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
stylistically he's very much like Xavi

- - - Updated - - -

how many times did Pjanic lose the ball in dangerous areas compared to Arthur?

Yeah well it's not like Arthur has any stronger competition at Juve does he now? half this forum would have foolishly taken Vidal back for sentimental reasons
According to facts? Less than Arthur.

I agree. And that isn't a positive for Arthur.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005

You can't lose the ball if you don't play :D

Also there was hype around Arthur for a few months and then the guy almost disappeared. TBH I was impressed with him during that period, but like I said it lasted only for a small period of time...

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

Still performing better than de Jong since joining Barca, but nobody would have a problem about him joining Juve...

- - - Updated - - -

You can't lose the ball if you don't play :D

Also there was hype around Arthur for a few months and then the guy almost disappeared. TBH I was impressed with him during that period, but like I said it lasted only for a small period of time...
I guess by this time setien took charge and made a bigger mess of the team?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...retains possession very well even under pressure unlike pjanic, ...
that is factually wrong, no matter how many times you or anyone else keeps repeating it. you can shit on pjanic for his lack of motivation, he cost us a goal vs verona indeed, but according to every existing stats, he still keeps possession better than arthur. let's not hype the new guy for something he's not.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
It's as if people think we got the rotten end of the deal and we should have done better :lol:

Lets shit on Arthur's injuries and his lifestyle, but you'd have Verratti in a heartbeat the irony...

Lets shit on Paratici for giving up on a unmotivated, poor performing, 30 year old Pjanic and signing a young, capable midfielder whilst making capital gains on our books...

Yeah trust me I gave up trying a lot sooner

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
It's as if people think we got the rotten end of the deal and we should have done better :lol:
stop, nobody said it. financially it is a great job. on the pitch, arthur is a risky move. and of course pjanic had to leave this summer.

but making claims made out of thin air to justify how great of a job tici made is completely unnecessary. let's evaluate arthur when he plays consistently for at least a season.

btw why am i not surprised one bit. the same happened when allegri was fired and we announced sarri. latter was already a juve legend for winning the treble, while all of allegri's achievements were completely natural. since then, we lost two domestic finals vs lower rated opponents, a cl quarterfinal first leg vs an other lower rated opponent, and are having a very tough scudetto run, with the coach still not figuring out his best lineup.

:boh:

Apr 17, 2013
Who has seen more than 2 games of Arthur ?
We don't lie apart @ Mandzukic17 nobody saw him played regularly. You are bickering over numbers that mean nothing if we don't know the context.

The only thing you can be sure about is that in the long term we are winning financially and that sportingly we cannot regret the loss of Pjanic who was at the end of the cycle with us.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
stop, nobody said it. financially it is a great job. on the pitch, arthur is a risky move. and of course pjanic had to leave this summer.

but making claims made out of thin air to justify how great of a job tici made is completely unnecessary. let's evaluate arthur when he plays consistently for at least a season.

btw why am i not surprised one bit. the same happened when allegri was fired and we announced sarri. latter was already a juve legend for winning the treble, while all of allegri's achievements were completely natural. since then, we lost two domestic finals vs lower rated opponents, a cl quarterfinal first leg vs an other lower rated opponent, and are having a very tough scudetto run, with the coach still not figuring out his best lineup.

:boh:
Let me ask you this, would you be happier as a Juve or a Barca fan over this deal?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Let me ask you this, would you be happier as a Juve or a Barca fan over this deal?
at least read my previous post you just quoted. the answer is literally the first sentence of that.

i'm afraid i won't be patient enough to explain everything 3-4 times, and let you realize wtf is wrong with your invented claims. i'm out.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
at least read my previous post you just quoted. the answer is literally the first sentence of that.

i'm afraid i won't be patient enough to explain everything 3-4 times, and let you realize wtf is wrong with your invented claims. i'm out.
Well we all know its financially beneficial for both sides, but stating that pjanic had to go and lets wait and see on Arthur isn't really answering my question.

I'd be curious to think who some thought we ought to be signing? as if a top player was to come in exchange, which was never going to happen. Did we get someone with potential? most certainly.

Arthur or not every transfer carries an element of risk, but what I don't understand is why there are people who are displeased with this deal, when the doubters have just looked at some raw stats, and his lifestyle choices and thought... hmmm lets write him off already.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I was worried 100m Pjanic tomfoolery will end but no.

Barca fans out there committing mass harakiri but usual tuzzini still looking for whatever means to hate on this deal :lol:

Congrats, Barca fans have greater rudimentary analytical capabilities.

noussa

Aug 29, 2008
If we sign Torres, it got me thinking that the midfield of 3 will filled with Arthur, bentancur and Kulu to support front 3 of Ronaldo, Dybala and Torres. Just my 2 cent

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
If we sign Torres, it got me thinking that the midfield of 3 will filled with Arthur, bentancur and Kulu to support front 3 of Ronaldo, Dybala and Torres. Just my 2 cent
Intriguing 433/442 hybrid. But only if we can’t afford another starting caliber LCM

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
Who has seen more than 2 games of Arthur ?
We don't lie apart @ Mandzukic17 nobody saw him played regularly. You are bickering over numbers that mean nothing if we don't know the context.

The only thing you can be sure about is that in the long term we are winning financially and that sportingly we cannot regret the loss of Pjanic who was at the end of the cycle with us.
Yes I have seen Arthur play a good number of times( 6 in total) This forum is very negative about new players. Was the same when I was at Italian forums years ago.
Ibra was not good enough they wanted Van Der Vaart. Al the negativity when we got Pogba. Now everybody want him back. Vidal we want him back. I do not know Baddass but he is right about one thing You want players back that were here years ago, but players that are new and have no clue who they are you criticize and look only at stupid stats which are different according to different sites not taking in account their best position to play in. I come later to that.
Here is what I know and SEEN from Arthur. He is a box to box player but more defensive. He has an excellent dribble which he uses very well under pressure. So he gives numeric advantage. to find the open man. He is much more a short passer than a long one. He is excellent defensive and is a dissent tackler. He has great placement. To me Barca made a mistake placing him more as a offensive MD with the arrival of De Jong ( which I love) he is better than Arthur. He was totally of this best position.I played myself on a high level and it is all ways difficult when you have to play out of your normal and best position.
I like Arthur and is open and willing to give him a chance. Honestly there are other med's that I prefer. 2 are player you know well Rafael , Ndombele and Aouar and I still hope one of them will play here, if Zaniolo can not be bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)