Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (405 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Pep will return to Barcelona in 2020 - Delpiero06
He might be right.. Barcelona do not have a good coach and IMO he will be a temp until Pep arrives (if he decides to leave City)..

Pep already talked in the summer saying he enjoys City and said something in favor of Spain and that he doesnt need to go to Italy IIRC..

Jun 7, 2003
I would like to see James Rodriguez as our Playmaker. Would give him a chance, then we could really play 4-4-2 Diamond.
Righ now it doesn't seem to make sense. Ramsey, Bernardeschi, Dybala and Costa all failed to play as a 10. Alltough don't know if Costa tried to role of 10.
That's why Sarri changed the formation to 4-3-3. It's a wise move, shouldn't force players to a position that they are not able to play.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Rather SMS than Pogba: we should make him our marquee signing.
Tonali, SMS, and a proper RB.
i don't see lotito selling one of his best players to us, especially not now when they are guaranteed of at least a cl place. i know it sounds strange, but a wantaway pogba with pizza guy as his agent is a lot more realistic target than sms.

we also need a proper 9 and probably wingers, regardless of sarri's future.

Jun 7, 2003
Okay, i forgot that we bought Kulusevski, he can try 10. Please ignore my previous post, then we don't need James.

Yes, i would also prefer SMS over Pogba. I think Pogba should move to Real.
Alltough last year i wanted SMS more than this year. I like Rabiot, i think he will become good. Also Benta.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Pogba is 2 years older than SMS, but also more proven on a higher stage. Their wage demand will be almost the same given that we can use that tax exemption for Pogba but not for SMS.
I’d go with Pogba too.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I would like to see James Rodriguez as our Playmaker. Would give him a chance, then we could really play 4-4-2 Diamond.
Righ now it doesn't seem to make sense. Ramsey, Bernardeschi, Dybala and Costa all failed to play as a 10. Alltough don't know if Costa tried to role of 10.
That's why Sarri changed the formation to 4-3-3. It's a wise move, shouldn't force players to a position that they are not able to play.
Honestly I dont know why we havent moved for him.. He is a fast player who is very familiar with playing high speed passing game which will allow us to play faster.. Anyway I think the ship has sailed and its too late now...

Im certain our summer will be something like this: Meunir Pogba Tonali Kulusevski and maybe also a central forward (not too much of a high profile)
Our team will look like this: Pole;A.S MDL Bonucci Meunir; Pogba Pjanic Bentancur; C.Ronaldo Dybala/Higuain Kulu/D.Costa
Sold I guess we will see Bernardeschi sold and MDS will probably go as well
Tonali will be considered only for the Pjanic role until and if he gets to the level needed
Rabiot and Ramsey will fight it out with Bentancur..

as for coach - Unless we fail in the scudetto race and also fail in CL -> Sarri

- - - Updated - - -

Pogba is better than SMS and no need to prove that.. If both available at same price we will prefer pogba exactly
SMS is very underrated but yeah Pogba is better

Jun 7, 2003
Honestly I dont know why we havent moved for him.. He is a fast player who is very familiar with playing high speed passing game which will allow us to play faster.. Anyway I think the ship has sailed and its too late now...

Im certain our summer will be something like this: Meunir Pogba Tonali Kulusevski and maybe also a central forward (not too much of a high profile)
Our team will look like this: Pole;A.S MDL Bonucci Meunir; Pogba Pjanic Bentancur; C.Ronaldo Dybala/Higuain Kulu/D.Costa
Sold I guess we will see Bernardeschi sold and MDS will probably go as well
Tonali will be considered only for the Pjanic role until and if he gets to the level needed
Rabiot and Ramsey will fight it out with Bentancur..

as for coach - Unless we fail in the scudetto race and also fail in CL -> Sarri

- - - Updated - - -

SMS is very underrated but yeah Pogba is better
We didn't move for him because Bayern came us before and last summer Atletico was very near to get him. We were busy with De Ligt deal.
I like his games for the Colombian NT.

Everything else sounds actually good for me. Let's see if Bernardeschi is able to bring some performances to survive the summer. But De Sciglio and him are italian, i think that could be a bonus for them. We will think twice before we sell them.

Pogba is for sure better. But it's never a good idea to freshen up old relationships. Tonali is like Kulu for me, didn't notice. When we played against Parma Kulu was nothing special and got subbed. Worked really hard though. Tonali let's buy and see. It's not my money anyway.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Pogba is better than SMS and no need to prove that.. If both available at same price we will prefer pogba exactly
Pogba is a show pony and if conditions are right you’ll see the best from him. If not then he’ll look lazy and more times than not in a season it’ll be the latter because we don’t play great not even 60% of any season. SMS would suit our chess game better.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
Pogba is a show pony and if conditions are right you’ll see the best from him. If not then he’ll look lazy and more times than not in a season it’ll be the latter because we don’t play great not even 60% of any season. SMS would suit our chess game better.
I prefer SMS to Pogba. Pogba hasnt been as good for qyite sometime now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 395)