Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (33 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Our Mercato was a total failure again, a 4/10 so far, 2 if we get Chiesa and keep Khedira

- - - Updated - - -

Evidently Juve values Chiesa at 40m while Fiorentina wants 60. Wonder when Fiorentina will come to grips with reality, because nobody on this planet is gonna pay 60m for Chiesa. And the longer they wait, the lower his price tag gets. Take the 40 and run.

btw I’m pretty sure that if Juve offers 40m it’ll be some sort of loan + obligation type deal.
What makes you think that? We always give them what they want. We are doing everything we can to sponsor them and keep them afloat.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Our Mercato was a total failure again, a 4/10 so far, 2 if we get Chiesa and keep Khedira

- - - Updated - - -

What makes you think that? We always give them what they want. We are doing everything we can to sponsor them and keep them afloat.
I agree it doesnt look like a 10 mercato but we should wait and see how the team respond and then judge. We yet to know how Arthur is gonna do and we basically have seen 2 games of Mckenny (or whatever his name is), not to mention Kulu and Morata.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Some people are happy we are not getting Palmieri and while I haven't seen much of him to take a strong view, the squad is by far the smallest I would have seen in recent memory.

If Khedira rescinds his contract and the Costa / Chiesa and De Sciglio deals go through we have a squad of only 22 players INCLUDING Frabotta who we not have included in what we would have thought as the roster.

This concerns me a bit actually. Yes the squad average age has reduced (from around 29 to 27) and injury prone players like Khedira and Costa are no longer there, we still have other players such as Chiellini (who won't play all the matches and is another injury away from another long stop), Ramsey, Demiral & De Ligt recoverying from injury as is Sandro.

So either Pirlo and the management have a lot of faith in the U23 players or they think there are enough players who can play in multiple positions.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Some people are happy we are not getting Palmieri and while I haven't seen much of him to take a strong view, the squad is by far the smallest I would have seen in recent memory.

If Khedira rescinds his contract and the Costa / Chiesa and De Sciglio deals go through we have a squad of only 22 players INCLUDING Frabotta who we not have included in what we would have thought as the roster.

This concerns me a bit actually. Yes the squad average age has reduced (from around 29 to 27) and injury prone players like Khedira and Costa are no longer there, we still have other players such as Chiellini (who won't play all the matches and is another injury away from another long stop), Ramsey, Demiral & De Ligt recoverying from injury as is Sandro.

So either Pirlo and the management have a lot of faith in the U23 players or they think there are enough players who can play in multiple positions.
if they don’t bring in another wingback its safe to assume they feel comfortable with Frabotta as well as some other u23 guys.

LWB
Sandro
Frabotta
Bernardeschi

RWB
Chiesa
Cuadrado
Danilo?

Correia has been playing these two positions for u23 the last two weeks, maybe hes an option.

The other wingbacks on u23 are Di Pardo, Wesley, Rosa, Barbieri, and Leo. I know nothing about them except Wesley, who I haven’t seen even on the bench yet.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
depends on the length of the contracts. If it's a short-term and Inter is in win-now mode (and they are), it's not that bad.
I think all of the oldies they've signed will be there next summer as well. They'll have a tough time getting rid of any of them and may have to sell the few young talents they have to make room in their squad and raise funds.

It may be worth it for them if they win the title this season, but if they don't they may have to take a few years to rebuild a competitive squad.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

- - - Updated - - -

Would love to read a more in depth analysis on our market from you. You are really the only person here with some actual insight and not a blind Agnelli loyalist/ wanna be Oriundi nationalist.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
I think all of the oldies they've signed will be there next summer as well. They'll have a tough time getting rid of any of them and may have to sell the few young talents they have to make room in their squad and raise funds.

It may be worth it for them if they win the title this season, but if they don't they may have to take a few years to rebuild a competitive squad.
Lukaku, Barella, Lautaro, Hakimi, Bastoni, Skrininniniar, De Vrij – 6 starters are either young or only entering prime. They will add one-two youngster per year and plug in expereinced oldies everywhere else. I think they are doing alright in keeping things balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)