Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (104 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
We haven't downgraded, at all.

If anything the team looks much healthier than it did last year. We might be heavy on the books, thanks to contractual commitments, but the material available for Pirlo is better than what Sorry had last year.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I can understand being depressed about it, because we dont have much money to buy, or players willing to move/rescind contracts to make room for signings, so its hard to see how we will improve further in market.

But one thing I dont get is saying we downgraded, only one of value we lost is Pjanic, who been mediocre far too long. I expect Arthur if healthy, will be at worst what Pjanic gave us past 12 months, which is generally underwhelming except spurts of being the top top player he usually is. But the rest? We are adding Mckennie, Pellegrini, Kulusevski, 2 young energetic depth players that should prove more useful then the ones they replacing. And Kulusevski that should be the biggiest addition, starter quality all around attacking option, the players he is replacing are aldready in the squad.

You can say attack is downgrade, purely on quantity, losing a Higauin that has been so useless, but that would be semantics. We will replace him guranteed, and anyone replacing him should be guranteed to be better then whatever he gave us past season, which was little, except a spurt of couple months of assisting goals.

You all are so worried about the players coming in and out (and I am too, because I expect another quality midfielder to join, and should join if we signing free attackers and loan signing Mkennie, surely saving the funds for something?), my main worry instead for this season will be our coach. No matter the quality of the new players, it wont matter if our new coach isnt good enough, and its worrisome because he is simply a blank slate, zero idea if he will be another Ferrara or another Conte, or anything in between.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The Suarez signing is disgusting. Have no idea what these idiots are thinking
They're thinking, "we need a striker and don't have much to spend, let's try to squeeze out another year or two of this douche."

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I can understand being depressed about it, because we dont have much money to buy, or players willing to move/rescind contracts to make room for signings, so its hard to see how we will improve further in market.

But one thing I dont get is saying we downgraded, only one of value we lost is Pjanic, who been mediocre far too long. I expect Arthur if healthy, will be at worst what Pjanic gave us past 12 months, which is generally underwhelming except spurts of being the top top player he usually is. But the rest? We are adding Mckennie, Pellegrini, Kulusevski, 2 young energetic depth players that should prove more useful then the ones they replacing. And Kulusevski that should be the biggiest addition, starter quality all around attacking option, the players he is replacing are aldready in the squad.

You can say attack is downgrade, purely on quantity, losing a Higauin that has been so useless, but that would be semantics. We will replace him guranteed, and anyone replacing him should be guranteed to be better then whatever he gave us past season, which was little, except a spurt of couple months of assisting goals.

You all are so worried about the players coming in and out (and I am too, because I expect another quality midfielder to join, and should join if we signing free attackers and loan signing Mkennie, surely saving the funds for something?), my main worry instead for this season will be our coach. No matter the quality of the new players, it wont matter if our new coach isnt good enough, and its worrisome because he is simply a blank slate, zero idea if he will be another Ferrara or another Conte, or anything in between.
Agreed, but the striker issue is definitely a problem. If it was me, I say just bring back Kean on loan and let the kid play.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Agreed, but the striker issue is definitely a problem. If it was me, I say just bring back Kean on loan and let the kid play.

I'm probably one of the bigger fans of Kean in this forum, but that would be a downgrade, he is not reliable as starter level player yet. So we need to sign another striker on top of him. So however unpopular older players are, we need to replace Higauin with quality level rotation/starter players like Suarez, Dzeko, or whoever you feel is good enough. But Kean on his alone wouldnt be enough imo.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'm probably one of the bigger fans of Kean in this forum, but that would be a downgrade, he is not reliable as starter level player yet. So we need to sign another striker on top of him. So however unpopular older players are, we need to replace Higauin with quality level rotation/starter players like Suarez, Dzeko, or whoever you feel is good enough. But Kean on his alone wouldnt be enough imo.
I think this year will be a rebuilding year anyway, so trying to squeeze out another year from some of these guys doesn't make sense to me for the long-term. I think we can win the league with Ronaldo and Dybala in good form, all else being in good shape.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Dybala and Ronaldo being relied on solely for whole season is risky, Higauin started over 20 games last season, played over 30. You need that kind of rotation figure for your attack. Kean alone wont cut it. We can call it rebuild if you like, because we are signing young players and young coach, but there is no such thing in Juve. We are expected to win, and Pirlo is asking for a main attack signing to replace Higauin for a reason. Especially when your two other attackers, Ronaldo, wants to be wing, and Dybala drifts everywhere and rarely is in the box. You need the variety of a true nr 9 in your roster.

Nostradamus

Dec 12, 2012
We never bought De Ceglie for first time, he was a homegrown player. But yeah got back from loans/co-own half shares here and there, moved hands between Siena and other teams with his time with us.

But indeed it was a terrible mercato: https://www.transfermarkt.com/juventus-fc/transfers/verein/506/saison_id/2008
:ratcafe: that was also the worst transfer summer of my club.

Take a look at this trash:
https://www.transfermarkt.de/fc-bayern-munchen/transfers/verein/27/saison_id/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 100)