Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (92 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

mundo deportivo journo reports that morata asked for the resolution of his contract and wants to sign for juve. just posted it because it will be all over the news, but atleti surely won't let him go for free after investing 50m+ in him.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
i guess they could always ask, but that's not a realistic option. that's why i said atleti surely won't agree to that. in other words, it's bullshit.

This makes more sense but again I don't like Morata at all, I'd rather sell Costa for 20mln than swap him with Morata.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

mundo deportivo journo reports that morata asked for the resolution of his contract and wants to sign for juve. just posted it because it will be all over the news, but atleti surely won't let him go for free after investing 50m+ in him.
I'm not liking these modern stories about players wanting to rescind their contracts. It'll get to the stage where they won't be worth the paper they are written on.

Player power is huge now and I always said that Marotta was right in selling anyone and everyone who didn't want to play for the club, but the clubs also need to have some protection.

Also, not a huge Morata fan.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I'm not liking these modern stories about players wanting to rescind their contracts. It'll get to the stage where they won't be worth the paper they are written on.

Player power is huge now and I always said that Marotta was right in selling anyone and everyone who didn't want to play for the club, but the clubs also need to have some protection.

Also, not a huge Morata fan.
it's in sync with the labor tendencies in europe, where the legal background didn't offer any protection to the employees long time ago. then unions started to gain some power, and the working hours started to drop, legal restrictions to rescind your contract became looser, especially in the top 5 league home countries. just look at germany's graph for work hours, i bet france looks pretty similar.

world-annual-work-hours-history.png

also, add the growing number of millennials among pro footballers to this equation, and it's easy to see why players think they are the centre of the universe. and no, i don't like these news either. these guys are among the most well paid professionals, they should just swallow their petty grievances about being a pro footballer and respect their contracts. they are the luckiest people around, whether they are playing for atleti or juve.

as for morata himself, i've always been on the fence about him. he was the definition of clutch for us in the cl, but never managed to repeat that form for us or for other teams. we're not a counter attacking team anymore either, so i wonder how well he'd fit this current team. he's got a likeable personality (which isn't a disadvantage for team sports), he's well built, spanish so has the necessary technical skills, but looks a bit of a pussy if i'm being honest. his book value must be over 40m, and he's not worth that money for sure, especially not in this current climate, so i'd definitely pass if it was a cash deal. but swapping douGLASS for him, now we're talking. he'd be a much more valuable squad player than costa who's not available for half of the season anyway.

Jul 20, 2012
Morata would be an excellent bench option, but no as a starter please, Dybala is a much better cf
Imo dybala should be our cf so we should only be looking for a backup and morata would be great for that role, can play ronaldos role, can even play as an ss. I feel like.he thrived in juve and yes he for sure needs to work on how clinical he is

- - - Updated - - -

it's in sync with the labor tendencies in europe, where the legal background didn't offer any protection to the employees long time ago. then unions started to gain some power, and the working hours started to drop, legal restrictions to rescind your contract became looser, especially in the top 5 league home countries. just look at germany's graph for work hours, i bet france looks pretty similar.

also, add the growing number of millennials among pro footballers to this equation, and it's easy to see why players think they are the centre of the universe. and no, i don't like these news either. these guys are among the most well paid professionals, they should just swallow their petty grievances about being a pro footballer and respect their contracts. they are the luckiest people around, whether they are playing for atleti or juve.

as for morata himself, i've always been on the fence about him. he was the definition of clutch for us in the cl, but never managed to repeat that form for us or for other teams. we're not a counter attacking team anymore either, so i wonder how well he'd fit this current team. he's got a likeable personality (which isn't a disadvantage for team sports), he's well built, spanish so has the necessary technical skills, but looks a bit of a pussy if i'm being honest. his book value must be over 40m, and he's not worth that money for sure, especially not in this current climate, so i'd definitely pass if it was a cash deal. but swapping douGLASS for him, now we're talking. he'd be a much more valuable squad player than costa who's not available for half of the season anyway.
Honestly we have kulu and berna on the right still, I'm sure that will be enough, morata would be a great backup especially if it's a like for like

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
What's with you and camels? Did you get "humped" by one in your younger days?

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said, you're stuck in the past. Delusional as fuck. There's nothing exciting about old geezers on big wages, unless you actually don't want the team to succeed long term.

One overpaid old fart is more than enough. We don't need to collect them all - this is not Pokemon or a museum for ancient relics.
Is that one overpaid old fart Princess Ronaldo? Are you finally admitting it? :seven:

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

Thanks for the stats. I’m all for getting rid of Costa but not for Morata.

I never understood the thought behind bringing players back when it’s a guarantee they won’t perform as good as the first time around, especially when so much time has passed since then. And in this case the guy was never that good to being with.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
If Sunday morning would be our first friendly, then it would have been nice to have at least one more of our targets signed, especially if it is someone who is considered a starter and key to the first 11 - that would be an Aouar or a Suarez for example, but... Whatever...

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Morata has pretty much failed at 3 different clubs in a row now.

After leaving Madrid he blamed preferential treatment for not being able to secure a spot. After leaving Juve he blamed the club backing Mandzukic over him because we owned Mandzu and he was only on loan. At Chelsea he blamed basically everything and always implied he was unjustly treated by fans and media.

Weakest mentality of any footballer in recent memory. Hard pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 86)