Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (130 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

italiacalcio10

Mar 3, 2014
I expect sacrifices to be made because some of the players that are supposed to be sold, wont be sold for the reasons we all know. I expect Juve to let Dybala go, sad truth. Hope to be wrong.
https://www.football-italia.net/157977/report-dybala-surprised-lack-progress-juventus
I think if Dybala is going it’s because we’re trying for another big player. There’s no way we straight swap Suarez for Dybala.
My gut says they will try and offer him to Barcelona for Messi. Who knows whether Barcelona bites or whether Dybala agrees but if you’re Barcelona, you risk giving him away for free or accepting a subpar offer from city with the chance that they can find a replacement. You get Dybala...you then have him, Coutinho and Griezmann upfront. Barcelona can claim victory. From Juve’s perspective, they probably can do it if Adidas is willing to put them say a sizeable bonus. For Ronaldo, Adidas added €26m per year, and a €15m bonus. That was in response to adding a Nike star who was coming from an Adidas sponsored team. Messi is coming from a Nike sponsored team and is an Adidas star. He undoubtedly drives 500k-1M kit sales per year alone. While Ronaldo didn’t offer an opportunity to take market share (bc he was via an Adidas team), signing Messi takes sales directly from their arch rival Nike and prevent sales going to Puma ,and offers cross marketing opportunities. So it’s all very logical. Whether the pieces fit together, that’s a while other story.
I could also see them using Dybala proceeds to add a midfielder, which is still a need if they add Suarez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I think if Dybala is going it’s because we’re trying for another big player. There’s no way we straight swap Suarez for Dybala.
My gut says they will try and offer him to Barcelona for Messi. Who knows whether Barcelona bites or whether Dybala agrees but if you’re Barcelona, you risk giving him away for free or accepting a subpar offer from city with the chance that they can find a replacement. You get Dybala...you then have him, Coutinho and Griezmann upfront. Barcelona can claim victory. From Juve’s perspective, they probably can do it if Adidas is willing to put them say a sizeable bonus. For Ronaldo, Adidas added €26m per year, and a €15m bonus. That was in response to adding a Nike star who was coming from an Adidas sponsored team. Messi is coming from a Nike sponsored team and is an Adidas star. He undoubtedly drives 500k-1M kit sales per year alone. While Ronaldo didn’t offer an opportunity to take market share (bc he was via an Adidas team), signing Messi takes sales directly from their arch rival Nike and prevent sales going to Puma ,and offers cross marketing opportunities. So it’s all very logical. Whether the pieces fit together, that’s a while other story.
I could also see them using Dybala proceeds to add a midfielder, which is still a need if they add Suarez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We won't be getting a bigger player than Dybala.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 115)