Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (102 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You seem to keep missing the part where @DutchJuventino says he's not that good. So €25m is quite something if that is the case.

He might turn into Cafu but we aren't going to be paying many of these €25m or so fees.
Yet we seem to have a continued interest in the player. If that's the case, 25m is not a lot for a player if we want him bad enough.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Yet we seem to have a continued interest in the player. If that's the case, 25m is not a lot for a player if we want him bad enough.
€25m is a lot if we only have a certain budget and he's not very good.

Do you go to a car dealership and just pick the car you really, really want even if you can maybe not even afford it? I know some people do exactly that. As a club we seem to make maybe a few too many of these decisions.

I know it's not our money so why should we care, but someone at the club has to take financial responsibility. So €25m might seem fair on the market but we also need to sell a player or two first. We already have 5 fullbacks, 3 of whom can play right back.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Do you go to a car dealership and just pick the car you really, really want even if you can maybe not even afford it? I know some people do exactly that. As a club we seem to make maybe a few too many of these decisions.

I know it's not our money so why should we care, but someone at the club has to take financial responsibility. So €25m might seem fair on the market but we also need to sell a player or two first. We already have 5 fullbacks, 3 of whom can play right back.
I know we have 3 RBs but I think the goal is to try and sell a couple (maybe 1 from each side). I know it was said yesterday that all our Backs will stay, at least that's what the media claim Pirlo wants. I don't know how accurate that is, who knows, maybe these Dest rumors have zero truth to it. I do think we are trying to sell so we can buy again which makes sense to try and sell the players that offer nothing b/c of injury issues, and that would include MDS and maybe to an extent Danilo.

DutchJuventino

Apr 9, 2015
My point is, if we want him...he is ONLY 25m, that shouldn't be too hard for us to pay, right?

25m is nothing.
I posted the last post on my mobile phone, so I logged in to explain to all people here why Sergino Dest isn´t ´the deal´ we´re searching for.

Pro's:
- Offensive minded, but his technique is not on a Dani Alves/Marcelo/Cancelo level
- Stamina
- 1 vs. 1 defending is okayish

Con's:
- His positioning
- His (defensive) heading is atricious. Ajax had at least 4/5 goals against because he can't head lol.
- Ajax supporters are arguing about his bad attitude

This are some points. I want to add that he made 4 assists in (1500 min Eredivisie) where Ajax has 60% time the ball. He scored 0 goals!
In 4 Champions League matches he scored 0 and assisted 0!
Whoscored 6.87 score for 19/20 and he is playing by Ajax at the moment best club in The Netherlands.

Ajax supporters heavily arguing about who is better Dest or Mazrouai, and I think slightly more prefer Mazrouai over Dest and that says enough. Even de coach didn't know at the begin of the season who he could better play.

Conclusion: offcourse it is a nice add to our selection, but not for first XI. Don't expect magic and I will invest my money in another position or player. And his attitude on field is arrogant and makes me furious if I was an Ajax supporter.

small edit: His youthtrainers said in the past that he wasn't easy to handle. He can't handle critisism and when something goes wrong he become stubborn. (I can't find the source anymore sorry)

Second edit: It will be good for our American marketing though!

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I posted the last post on my mobile phone, so I logged in to explain to all people here why Sergino Dest isn´t ´the deal´ we´re searching for.

Pro's:
- Offensive minded, but his technique is not on a Dani Alves/Marcelo/Cancelo level
- Stamina

Con's:
- His positioning
- His (defensive) heading is atricious. Ajax had at least 4/5 goals against because he can't head lol.

This are some points. I want to add that he made 4 assists in (1500 min Eredivisie) where Ajax has 60% time the ball. He scored 0 goals!
Whoscored 6.87 score for 19/20 and he is playing by Ajax at the moment best club in The Netherlands.

Ajax supporters heavily arguing about who is better Dest or Mazrouai, and I think slightly more prefer Mazrouai over Dest and that says enough. Even de coach didn't know at the begin of the season who he could better play.

Conclusion: offcourse it is a nice add to our selection, but not for first XI. Don't expect magic and I will invest my money in another position or player. And his attitude on field is arrogant and makes me furious if I was an Ajax supporter.
Nice post, thank you

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

Pro's:
- Stamina

Con's:
- His positioning

small edit: His youthtrainers said in the past that he wasn't easy to handle. He can't handle critisism and when something goes wrong he become stubborn. (I can't find the source anymore sorry)
Ofc he isn't for XI. Good to learn about his attitude. What about potential?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

I think even saying we have 5 full backs, 3 of whom can play right back is a bit of an overstatement when you have the likes of danilo and de sciglio who don't count for much

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011

Pro's:
- Stamina

Con's:
- His positioning

Second edit: It will be good for our American marketing though!
Damn, after reading this i am convinced Paratici is on his ass already.

0G0A seems like a perfect fit for our right side to support Berna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)