Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (224 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
We don't have a general footy thread, I'll ask here...

If a GK throws the ball to a teammate and he scores, that counts as an assist, yes?
Why shouldnt it ?

- - - Updated - - -

Only a free and scored 21 goals last season. When it comes to Suarez, Higauin, Dzeko and Cavani, I rate them like this:

1.Suarez.
2.Cavani.
3.Dzeko.

4. Higauin.
How long would you recon he can keep this kind of level up ?

I rate him very high, but 33 is a tricky age

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
btw how do we currently look squad size wise?
my current calculations says we have 22 players on roster:
1 Szczesny
2 Buffon
3 Pinsoglio

4 de Ligt
5 Demiral
6 Bonucci
7 Rugani
8 Chiellini
9 Sandro
10 Danilo
11 Pellegrini
12 Cuadrado

13 Bentancur
14 Rabiot
15 Arthur
16 Ramsey
17 McKennie

18 Ronaldo
19 Berna
20 Costa
21 Dybala
22 Kulusevski

with the following players leaving:
De Sciglio
Romero
Khedira
Pjaca
Higuain
Perin
The question is - is any one bar Pinsoglio HG for CL for us? if no then our squad is already full for CL. We can say Costa will leave, but he will be replaced by striker and we are still full.
edit: basically if we are thinking about Aouar, then he would have to replace Ramsey probably. We would have to sell someone to buy him.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Who can explain me why we are rejuvenating but meanwhile looking for dinosaur strikers?
Because we made a huge income loss through Covid-19. We need quality for 1-2 seasons.

We don't have money for a young top striker + it's not a bad idea to align with CR7 timing. When CR7 is gone we'd need to make major changes to our playstyle anyway. So it's only a logical move.
this

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
btw how do we currently look squad size wise?
my current calculations says we have 22 players on roster:
1 Szczesny
2 Buffon
3 Pinsoglio

4 de Ligt
5 Demiral
6 Bonucci
7 Rugani
8 Chiellini
9 Sandro
10 Danilo
11 Pellegrini
12 Cuadrado

13 Bentancur
14 Rabiot
15 Arthur
16 Ramsey
17 McKennie

18 Ronaldo
19 Berna
20 Costa
21 Dybala
22 Kulusevski

with the following players leaving:
De Sciglio
Romero
Khedira
Pjaca
Higuain
Perin
The question is - is any one bar Pinsoglio HG for CL for us? if no then our squad is already full for CL. We can say Costa will leave, but he will be replaced by striker and we are still full.
edit: basically if we are thinking about Aouar, then he would have to replace Ramsey probably. We would have to sell someone to buy him.
From the players you mentioned, only Pinsoglio is HG for the CL, Rugani is for Serie A but not for CL. Also, one of Berna or DC definitely leaves and Rugani too imo, and we replace them with a striker and another mid (Dzeko and Aouar?). Then you can add Kean on top of that as #23 without sacrificing anyone, since he is also HG. If we sell both Berna and DC maybe go for Zaniolo. Or Chiesa/Boga, if hes not possible. Ramsey could leave as well, in which case go for another mid

Sashazulu

Jan 19, 2017
There are a lot of different opinions going around about Kean. The last one I heard off was a swap between Kean and Ramsey.
Dzeko should be close, He will come for 2 year at 7.5 mil euros a year. Roma want 15 mil. and Juve want to give 10 mil.
The agreement could come at 12. But first Roma want the Milik deal done. They are asking Juve to drop Milik officially cause he is at the moment saying NO.
He pledged himself to Juventus.( Corriere della Sera)

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
From the players you mentioned, only Pinsoglio is HG for the CL, Rugani is for Serie A but not for CL. Also, one of Berna or DC definitely leaves and Rugani too imo, and we replace them with a striker and another mid (Dzeko and Aouar?). Then you can add Kean on top of that as #23 without sacrificing anyone, since he is also HG. If we sell both Berna and DC maybe go for Zaniolo. Or Chiesa/Boga, if hes not possible. Ramsey could leave as well, in which case go for another mid
Selling DC/Berna and Rugani and getting Aouar and Dzeko/Suarez i would call it 9/10 mercato.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
bit late, I thought he's off to Everton? Besides doesn't make sense now we brought in Mckennie
McKennie is backup. Need a starter.

But Allan can't be Plan A given his age. He's Plan D. But if other options don't materialize and it's the only way to get rid of a Berna and with a slightly lower market value with both player and club wanting a transfer, he'd be ok. But it's not an exciting one, Allan ship passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 211)