Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (242 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
So - Today`s news:
*Juve ask for Paredes - Not too fond of him although he is not a bad player. I think we can do better.
*Khedira in Dzeko bid - Now I understand why we want Dzeko to replace Higuain - If we manage to offload Khedira I`d be happy to get Dzeko.
*Thomas Partey Berna swap deal - I really hope so. I think this deal might even benefit both teams as we need a good CM and Partey is obviously someone who can get the ball back while many with disagree with me regarding Berna who has the skills yet for some reason he just can break through in Juve. Atletico`s style might help him (and might not) but for us I think its obvious he isnt going to make it..
*Mckennie - Who? Never heard of him. Youtube make him look like a good defensive player with dribbling skills to go forward although not much more than that.
*Cavani rejected Juventus - I see no reason why we should replace Higuain with Cavani who is on the same level IMO

P.S just checked Mckennie on Whoscored and they have done it again - Great at defensive work, aerials, interceptions and blocking the ball but he is weak in tackles.
It can be possible but usually whoever is good at defending is good in all defensive work.

- - - Updated - - -

Pleasantly surprised that most are not trashing him just because he's American. There are actually a few good American talents coming through this generation.
Are you kidding me?! His nationality is actually a bonus as it can promote European football in the USA and make some bucks on the US market

- - - Updated - - -

We need someone better than Kean to come off the bench and support Ronaldo/Dybala

This is assuming Pirlo will continue to use Dybala as a false 9 like Sarri. Still unclear as to what his plans are.
I wouldnt be surprised to see Ronaldo and Dybala supporting someone like Dzeko.
Ronaldo will start from the left while Dybala will wander right and center and might even change positions with Dzeko from time to time. I can definitely see this work and Dzeko is a very good team player which should allow him doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how Ndidi stats look like

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
So - Today`s news:
*Juve ask for Paredes - Not too fond of him although he is not a bad player. I think we can do better.
*Khedira in Dzeko bid - Now I understand why we want Dzeko to replace Higuain - If we manage to offload Khedira I`d be happy to get Dzeko.
*Thomas Partey Berna swap deal - I really hope so. I think this deal might even benefit both teams as we need a good CM and Partey is obviously someone who can get the ball back while many with disagree with me regarding Berna who has the skills yet for some reason he just can break through in Juve. Atletico`s style might help him (and might not) but for us I think its obvious he isnt going to make it..
*Mckennie - Who? Never heard of him. Youtube make him look like a good defensive player with dribbling skills to go forward although not much more than that.
*Cavani rejected Juventus - I see no reason why we should replace Higuain with Cavani who is on the same level IMO

P.S just checked Mckennie on Whoscored and they have done it again - Great at defensive work, aerials, interceptions and blocking the ball but he is weak in tackles.
It can be possible but usually whoever is good at defending is good in all defensive work.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you kidding me?! His nationality is actually a bonus as it can promote European football in the USA and make some bucks on the US market

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldnt be surprised to see Ronaldo and Dybala supporting someone like Dzeko.
Ronaldo will start from the left while Dybala will wander right and center and might even change positions with Dzeko from time to time. I can definitely see this work and Dzeko is a very good team player which should allow him doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how Ndidi stats look like
That is wat i would like to see. A wandering Dybala on the right, a hardworker physical 9 who can score 15 goals or more, and Ronaldo.

I think that way we can get most of the main trident.

Use kusevski on the right when dybala is benched and use him as midfielder when dybala is on. In fact Pirlo needs to test also a trident o dybala CR and Kulu.

But yes i think we need a physical 9, or at least a pure 9 with a lot of hardwork for some tactics.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
That is wat i would like to see. A wandering Dybala on the right, a hardworker physical 9 who can score 15 goals or more, and Ronaldo.

I think that way we can get most of the main trident.

Use kusevski on the right when dybala is benched and use him as midfielder when dybala is on. In fact Pirlo needs to test also a trident o dybala CR and Kulu.

But yes i think we need a physical 9, or at least a pure 9 with a lot of hardwork for some tactics.
I would prefer someone more mobile than Dzeko as our target 9.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I would prefer someone more mobile than Dzeko as our target 9.
I think we badly miss a target man to be able to go long to if we want to change our approach. Both Ronaldo and Dybala come deep, so it is good to have a different option.

We could also do with a striker who makes runs in behind but I guess we don't have space and money for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 241)