Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (60 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
You gotta make up your mind on Rugani, that's us been trying to keep a HG player as 4th choice who used to look fairly promising.

Bayern didn't have to because Coman already fit their squad. I can barley remember if he played out wide for us, what I vividly recall from a few of his cameos was the 10 minutes run he got at the end of final game where Max played him on the right of 4312. Given those circumstances it's not shortsighted to cash in just because a HG role might kick in next 5 or so years. He's a hot topic again thanks to the goal and how tuz constantly looks for something to bitch but talents like him come in abundance pretty much every season.

And it's not sustainable to just factor in age, we work the market alright if there's an opportunity that meets the criteria we take into account age case in point our very recent swap Arthur with Pjanic. Kean vs a Dzeko ('m not even going to include Jimenez here) is just to big of a drop in quality and what they could offer.
Im giving Rugani as example of how we can keep HG players, just that we picked the wrong one. He too at one point had value and for him too did we get offers, but he stayed. Others we got rid off for various reasons. Hes way overpaid by us as well, which shows if we like to keep someone, we can (financially).

He would have been HG 2 years from the time we sold, and for the time being, he was a U21 player, meaning we could have put him on the B until he turns 21, by which time hed be HG. There was no negative thing from keeping Coman. He didnt take away a place from anyone, he could play few roles up top in different formations and gave you something your other attackers then didnt have. A year later we bought Pjaca with no wing based formation in sight, so not playing a formation that suits him was no excuse. The issue is our policy, player asked to leave and we said fine, go.

Im not saying that, im saying sell players when their time is due. Dont keep them and sell others who still have years to offer. Age, quality and financial value all have to be considered. And who says we cant get both Dzeko and Kean?

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Im giving Rugani as example of how we can keep HG players, just that we picked the wrong one. He too at one point had value and for him too did we get offers, but he stayed. Others we got rid off for various reasons. Hes way overpaid by us as well, which shows if we like to keep someone, we can (financially).

He would have been HG 2 years from the time we sold, and for the time being, he was a U21 player, meaning we could have put him on the B until he turns 21, by which time hed be HG. There was no negative thing from keeping Coman. He didnt take away a place from anyone, he could play few roles up top in different formations and gave you something your other attackers then didnt have. A year later we bought Pjaca with no wing based formation in sight, so not playing a formation that suits him was no excuse. The issue is our policy, player asked to leave and we said fine, go.

Im not saying that, im saying sell players when their time is due. Dont keep them and sell others who still have years to offer. Age, quality and financial value all have to be considered. And who says we cant get both Dzeko and Kean?
no man.
Bayern offered us 30m when he played like 2-3 half games for us and we sold to the opportunity.
why? because of books or because we wanted more proven players

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
no man.
Bayern offered us 30m when he played like 2-3 half games for us and we sold to the opportunity.
why? because of books or because we wanted more proven players
We sold with money in mind, not with planning for the future. Im saying its the wrong approach, especially when it comes to these HG kids.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Re: Paredes

he’s a pretty good long ball passer.

Not a world beater of a player but I wouldn’t mind him if the alternatives are locatelli and tonali. He’s better than them both and still relatively young.

In the first post, he was doing it against Bayern.

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The weird thing is that Dest isn't even on the bench for Ajax today. Looks like he will be moving somewhere, sooner rather than later.
Our club has been dead silent. Hell, I think today Pirlo speaks literally for the first time. Not sure if that means anything or not, but I'd like to think (the optimist in me) is that the board is working feverishly on the market and maybe has a couple surprises for us but when I see Sami and Higuain still here those hopes are dashed lol

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Our club has been dead silent. Hell, I think today Pirlo speaks literally for the first time. Not sure if that means anything or not, but I'd like to think (the optimist in me) is that the board is working feverishly on the market and maybe has a couple surprises for us but when I see Sami and Higuain still here those hopes are dashed lol

The Khedira and Higuain situations are going to take some time, unfortunately. Those are 2 pretty big pills to have to swallow. I'm not so concerned about the time that it is taking.

What WOULD concern me is if this time next week, one or both are let back into training. Then I start to freak out.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The Khedira and Higuain situations are going to take some time, unfortunately. Those are 2 pretty big pills to have to swallow. I'm not so concerned about the time that it is taking.

What WOULD concern me is if this time next week, one or both are let back into training. Then I start to freak out.
lol reminds me of the movie Major League when Willie Mays is asleep and the security guards carry him in his bed outside during spring training...he wakes up and says "damn, I've been cut already?"

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Cavani on a one year deal?

- - - Updated - - -

Pirlo already confirmed Higuain is not in the plans today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)