Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (406 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
If it came down to it, I would take Cavani for Free and whatever contract they give him over Dzeko for 15 million and the current contract he is on, or Milik at 50 million.

In a perfect world , though, I wouldn't touch any of these three right now. Then again, my opinion on what this club should do is to get vastly younger all across the board.
Plus tax law applies for Cavani, and it doesnt apply to Dzeko and Milik. Cavani is an excellent player.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
We are trying, they are asking for a late checkout though.

Hotel Policy

- - - Updated - - -

If Dzeko is a necessary evil to get Zaniolo, then so be it. I can be cool with that. And I don't have anything against Dzeko. I wanted him here 10 years ago when the opportunity presented itself.

But that was 10 years ago. I don't want a 34 year old Dzeko. It doesn't make sense with what this club is supposedly trying to do.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
If it came down to it, I would take Cavani for Free and whatever contract they give him over Dzeko for 15 million and the current contract he is on, or Milik at 50 million.

In a perfect world , though, I wouldn't touch any of these three right now. Then again, my opinion on what this club should do is to get vastly younger all across the board.
No money no honey

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

I know, but any of the aforementioned moves are just band aids to a long term problem. At that point, I would rather them not make any moves and wait for the finances to rebound. I understand that it is probably a foolish approach, but if you are only getting marginally better while taking on more large contracts, what's the point.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I know, but any of the aforementioned moves are just band aids to a long term problem. At that point, I would rather them not make any moves and wait for the finances to rebound. I understand that it is probably a foolish approach, but if you are only getting marginally better while taking on more large contracts, what's the point.
I see your point, but it doesn't have to be all young players, i think our mgmt has already started the rejuvenation process last summer. And the team can use a couple of stop gap solutions with short contacts. The only real bad contracts in our books imo are higuain and khedira, which are vestiges of the old regime.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I see your point, but it doesn't have to be all young players, i think our mgmt has already started the rejuvenation process last summer. And the team can use a couple of stop gap solutions with short contacts. The only real bad contracts in our books imo are higuain and khedira, which are vestiges of the old regime.

But those stop gap solutions that I am reading about are players just as old, or older than Kehdira and Higuain, and would be on longer contracts. It's just kicking the can down the road, with different names.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
This is the very positive news. This fucker is also on a 6m salary and adds nothing. Has all the talent, but chronically injured. I’d accept everything above 20m, and reports were saying last days that United offers a bit less than 30m and we’re meanwhile asking 40m.
DO IT! and throw in alex sandro for 30+ mill too, they need a LB

- - - Updated - - -

how is it possible that Inter can now target bigger names than Juve is beyond me.
but but but Cunte will still moan that he has no money to spend or any say on transfers

Jun 6, 2015
Agree with most of this, however I'd add Danilo and Ramsey to the list. Both are overpaid compared to their output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 394)