Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2013
i would imagine it depends on the level of interest from other big clubs. Are there other big clubs seriously in position to acquire him?
PSG and Ligue 1 is too weak for him, Bundesliga I think he won't want to go there, it remains la Liga (Barca and Real) and Serie A (Juve, or inter if he is a traitor)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
PSG and Ligue 1 is too weak for him, Bundesliga I think he won't want to go there, it remains la Liga (Barca and Real) and Serie A (Juve, or inter if he is a traitor)
why wouldnt he go to PSG? he willingly joined manchester united so, clearly, fullfiling his potential as part of a competitive team is not his top priority.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
why wouldnt he go to PSG? he willingly joined manchester united so, clearly, fullfiling his potential as part of a competitive team is not his top priority.
United had just signed Mourinho (with his reputation still relatively intact) & Ibrahimovic amongst a string of other rated players. They looked promising going into the season.

- - - Updated - - -

Pogba has been there for 4 years, 4 years of failure for him and for his club
He already wanted to leave last year, they have retained him, do they want to keep an another year a disgruntled player who will be disruptive for his team ?
He only had one year of contract (+1 year optional apparently), they are not in a position of strength to negotiate.

Tici puts his balls on the table for once, we're generous it's 50 + Ramsey or 80 million max. If they're not happy that they're dealing with Pogba's problem or looking for a silly club to pay $120 million.
lol Ramsey that barely plays half a season and will be 30. Probably wouldn't even subsidise 30% of Pogba's value to United. Scratch that, they probably won't even want him let alone sell Pogba for 50M + him.

Apr 17, 2013
The Ligue 1 is weak and uninteresting.
He went to United because there is the 1er league and the Manchester project was ambitious, the problem is that he didn't know that the management was so incompetent, too used to Marotta.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
United had just signed Mourinho (with his reputation still relatively intact) & Ibrahimovic amongst a string of other rated players. They looked promising going into the season.

- - - Updated - - -

lol Ramsey that barely plays half a season and will be 30. Probably wouldn't even subsidise 30% of Pogba's value to United. Scratch that, they probably won't even want him let alone sell Pogba for 50M + him.
As opposed to Pogba who is playing a full season for them?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
The Ligue 1 is weak and uninteresting.
He went to United because there is the 1er league and the Manchester project was ambitious, the problem is that he didn't know that the management was so incompetent, too used to Marotta.
fair. i get a lot of my news from Tuz so i often forget there are people who rate the EPL.

Apr 19, 2007
i would imagine it depends on the level of interest from other big clubs. Are there other big clubs seriously in position to acquire him?
I just dont see there being no competition for pogba and also that ManU isnt competition in keeping him if hes less than 100. Also his value is low bc Man United so the euros will change that most likely. Playing in a good team and being a top player in that team will raise his value to well over 100 if he does well and Raiola knows that

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Pogba fucks around for 4 years and we are expected to pay over €100M? Fuck out of here with that bullshit. €50M - €70M MAX.
Even so I think it will still be tough to get a good deal for him (though maybe that has now changed). Even when he isn't playing Pogba has massive commercial value. For whatever reason, dabbing, instagram, occassional highlights the man remains massively popular and continues to offer value to Manchester United and they will expect any team who wants that same value should pay top dollar for it. Despite his form and declining relationship with the fans manchester united still want to keep him IMO and thats probably why he is still there this season.

Notice we've seen quick escalation from Raiola comments wise. He is now pulling no punches and criticizing United publicly. That must be his and Pogba's plan for a way out. Become so completely intolerable that United will let him go well below market value.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Even so I think it will still be tough to get a good deal for him (though maybe that has now changed). Even when he isn't playing Pogba has massive commercial value. For whatever reason, dabbing, instagram, occassional highlights the man remains massively popular and continues to offer value to Manchester United and they will expect any team who wants that same value should pay top dollar for it. Despite his form and declining relationship with the fans manchester united still want to keep him IMO and thats probably why he is still there this season.

Notice we've seen quick escalation from Raiola comments wise. He is now pulling no punches and criticizing United publicly. That must be his and Pogba's plan for a way out. Become so completely intolerable that United will let him go well below market value.
As much as we all know the board loves that, I think at the end of the day when you watch a match there are too many glaring issues. Just improving our quality of play would go a long way to making us more commercially attractive, and then could you imagine possibly winning the Champions League on top of that? It goes without saying that €100M is a lot of money, there's no way we can't get a WC midfielder for that price, one that didn't attempt to commit career suicide. Maybe even another promising squad player too.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
We need Chiesa as much as we need Pogba

our complete lack of width in attack is appalling
We need what is suited to how we intend to play. If its a narrow 3 man midfield then yes upgrade CMs. If the club (most sensibly) goes 4-3-3 or some variation then sign wingers. The lack of attacking ability in CM is a lot less of a problem if the club actually has wingers and uses them.

If we aren't going to do that then sign wingers anyway because most managers (and i have a feeling we will likely cycle through them in the next few years) use wingers.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
We need what is suited to how we intend to play. If its a narrow 3 man midfield then yes upgrade CMs. If the club (most sensibly) goes 4-3-3 or some variation then sign wingers. The lack of attacking ability in CM is a lot less of a problem if the club actually has wingers and uses them.

If we aren't going to do that then sign wingers anyway because most managers (and i have a feeling we will likely cycle through them in the next few years) use wingers.
Orsolini and Chiesa are Italy’s Mane and Salah

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004

based on Riola outbursts ... I think pretty good we can say ...

- his commission is secured from us.
- Salary of Pogba is set from us....

now his price tag is Riola game ...if not Ramsey to include ....ship Rabiot or Pjanic ...

but ...Riola said also, that Pogba future will be sorted after the Euro ....
this means ... there is a fair chance to lose him to Madrid ....if the terms and conditions are better ....

We are in dare need for someone like him and we will beat RM to his signature the same as De Ligt with Barca ...

he is not a luxury signing .... he is a must ...with his current low market value ...

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
We need Chiesa as much as we need Pogba

our complete lack of width in attack is appalling
Nope..
We do need players at his position but our cm problem are the main reason for us not dominating..
After Pogba we need a RB which will probably be a freebie and then...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)