Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (30 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
ribery earns 4m net, and he qualified for the new tax benefit. higgy would be ~double than that. also, their whole wage bill is 50m net, with the 2nd biggest salary being well below 2m net. i don't see them making such a huge sacrifice for an ageing has-been striker. we'll see.
I see them pushing for 4th place and i expext their president to spend. Higuain might accept wage cut if given 3-4 years contract. :xfingers:

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Cavani if his hip injury doesn't keep coming back will have at least 3-4 more years at a very high level.

He's in impeccable shape.
He hasn't started over 30 league games since 16-17 and is 33 now, so it's difficult to objectively agree on this. Plus he has always relied on his physicallity. If that fades, he's done.

Feb 25, 2020
So you really rate this VDB dude arent you?!
I still rather Zaniolo although VDB is indeed a great player.
The only worry for me with Zaniolo is that our midfield might not have the physicality I would have liked.
I rate Zaniolo higher than VDB, before ACL. Zaniolo has vision, technique, mixed with a bit of physical capability. For role and position aspect, I do think Zaniolo would fit our system more as a wide playmaker in a trident of 3, instead of a spot in our mid. The kid became better by the end of last year when Fonseca pulled him out to the flanks. However, due to his playing and dribbling style, he has a higher risk of returning injuries (ACL). In my previous posts, I always say we need a physical mid who could win back the ball and add some grinta to our mid. Pogba and SMS are the best choices as they could do both roles of winning back the balls and bring it to the final front. Our realistic option would be Allan for an affordable cost.

Cuadrado/New RB --- De Ligt --- Demiral --- Sandro/Gosens

---------------------Allan------------Arthur---------Bentancur-----------------

---------Zaniolo/Kulu------------Dybala--------------Ronnaldo------------

How does this look to you?

Van de Beek is absolutely not what we need. He’s so hyped.

Anyone who talks about him has seen ~3 games max from him. Probably a game vs Real and 2 vs Juve.

Guys he’s not good. He’s a Ramsey type of player, a bit more comfortable playing as a 10 and perhaps with some more defensive skills. Overall he’s average, no great technique, not a great finisher, not someone who kills the enemy with trough balls.
Our stats this year clearly show we have problem delivering balls into the box. If we following guys like Pogba and SMS, clearly we are looking for someone who can link up mid and atk, who can create chances while also can shoot from outside of the box. We have been dependent on Ronaldo, Dybala personal abilities and Cuadrado, Bentancur some moments of greatness. For that sense, Van de Beek would be a decent choice if Sarri decides to play him behind Ronaldo and Dybala in a front of 2. I dont think you should compare him with Ramsey. While Ramsey were hitting on our nurses, VDB has been hitting balls on the field.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd cum

Talks of Zapata now
I have been expecting that for a month as I believe he would be our next target if Milik doesnt work out.

Last edited:

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
He hasn't started over 30 league games since 16-17 and is 33 now, so it's difficult to objectively agree on this. Plus he has always relied on his physicallity. If that fades, he's done.
So what? Tuchel has rotated a lot, but he wouldn't need to start 30 games here.

He has never relied on his physicality. He's not great at playing back to goal, holding up the ball etc. He's a poacher and his main strength is his IQ and movement without the ball. He has Mario's work rate combined with Pippo's movement and nose for goal.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
wouldnt touch any atalanta players.

- - - Updated - - -

wouldnt touch any atalanta players.

edit: except zapata. what a beast. he could do for us what lukaku does for inter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)