Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
No. Fuck Jorginho, a purely system player with limited capabilities and close to zero resale value. If and When Sarri fucks off, we're stuck with that impish leprechaun.
Purely a system player that excelled in all his teams. To not rate Jorginho is to not understand football. But I doubt you actually watch the player and instead speak from negative bias, you call him an impish leprechaun when he is taller than like half of our team.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Purely a system player that excelled in all his teams. To not rate Jorginho is to not understand football. But I doubt you actually watch the player and instead speak from negative bias, you call him an impish leprechaun when he is taller than like half of our team.
Jorginho did well but he isnt at the level we need.
Jorginho would be fighting for a starting spot while the one we need is the one who will be our best CM

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Realistic and an improvement in every move, with younger and likely better players in each case. Would be a perfect corona market. Only Zaniolo is a big challenge there.

I would add Jorginho.

Bentancur/Ramset - Jorginho - Arthur/Rabiot
Zaniolo/Kulu - Dybala/Milik - Ronaldo
Still very underwhelming. That midfield can't compete with the best in Europe. Even United's midfield is better.

Ultimately, we need a Pogba-caliber addition to take the midfield to the next level.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Excelled? Really? Are you his agent? All his teams? He's played for Verona and under the same coach @ both Napoli and Chelsea. Now, the current Chelsea coach is favoring a young English kid over him. It's not that I don't rate Jorginho - I expect better. He isn't what we need. Our midfield needs a more established and complete player. I never said he was shit - I just don't think he's as good as you make him out to be. I call him an impish leprechaun because he looks like one with that ginger beard he's grown.

Also, his scoring record for a midfielder is abysmal. He has almost zero attacking presence and isn't a threat in the final third. I don't want him here and I want Sarri gone - it's that simple really.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Excelled? Really? Are you his agent? All his teams? He's played for Verona and under the same coach @ both Napoli and Chelsea. Now, the current Chelsea coach is favoring a young English kid over him. It's not that I don't rate Jorginho - I expect better. He isn't what we need. Our midfield needs a more established and complete player. I never said he was shit - I just don't think he's as good as you make him out to be. I call him an impish leprechaun because he looks like one with that ginger beard he's grown.

Also, his scoring record for a midfielder is abysmal. He has almost zero attacking presence and isn't a threat in the final third. I don't want him here and I want Sarri gone - it's that simple really.
Yes, obviously excelled, and not just those 3 teams, but the national team as well. Clearly the best midfielder for Mancini. Gilmour is nowhere near Jorginho in terms of level, he has been benched for the negotiations. Watch the games, or speak to Chelsea fans, he comes in a changes the game.

He plays regia, not in the final third, so strange to judge him in goalscoring, yet even then we dont have a midfielder with more goals than him.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Yes, obviously excelled, and not just those 3 teams, but the national team as well. Clearly the best midfielder for Mancini. Gilmour is nowhere near Jorginho in terms of level, he has been benched for the negotiations. Watch the games, or speak to Chelsea fans, he comes in a changes the game.

He plays regia, not in the final third, so strange to judge him in goalscoring, yet even then we dont have a midfielder with more goals than him.
I am still not convinced, and I don't want him here if it means sacrificing the opportunity to get someone younger or better. The way you talk about him it is as if he's a tier 1 world class player, which he isn't, at least not in my book. I'd rather we go for someone younger with potential for growth. Also, fuck the regista position - we don't have to play with a regista anymore - It's isn't a necessity nor is it a guarantee for success.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I am still not convinced, and I don't want him here if it means sacrificing the opportunity to get someone younger or better. The way you talk about him it is as if he's a tier 1 world class player, which he isn't, at least not in my book. I'd rather we go for someone younger with potential for growth. Also, fuck the regista position - we don't have to play with a regista anymore - It's isn't a necessity nor is it a guarantee for success.
He has a point he did play well for his teams although Im not that convinced about his Italy performance.
The problem is that he offers something that we dont really need and he doesnt add some other value on top of it.
Bentancur can play the Pjanic role and so can Arthur so I see no point in taking Jorginho + I rate the former two more than him..
We need to get a midfielder who pushes forward, isnt afraid of entering the opponent`s box or shoot from outside with some power.
Pogba and SMS are definitely the top 2 that come in mind and I think that if we really want one we could get him.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
He is great at what he does, and the most important is thing is that he is a ready made player in his prime for what we need.

We already have Bentancur, Rabiot, Arthur, Kulisevski and maybe Zaniolo on the younger side. It's good to have players in their prime to compliment, particularly if he needs no acclimation time like Jorginho with Sarri.

If there is a player that is better, younger and available? Sure sign him then. But there isnt such an obvious choice. Pogba is a dream that is not coming. It's crazy that Pogba is a name written so often in this thread.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
Latest stupid rumor; we are interested in Adama Traoré (Wolves), and we would include Perrin, Rugani and Romero.
I don't really know the player, thoughts?
He’s so overhyped by the English media, has beastly FIFA UT cards. MU bound in my opinion, they like them fast and muscular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
Latest stupid rumor; we are interested in Adama Traoré (Wolves), and we would include Perrin, Rugani and Romero.
I don't really know the player, thoughts?
Where do i sign? I'v watched alot of Wolves games this season and Traore on the RW has been excellent. He can get past players like it's nothing, end product isn't always there, but has still managed to get something like 10 assists this season while not even being a regular 90min guy. Perfect age as well.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Where do i sign? I'v watched alot of Wolves games this season and Traore on the RW has been excellent. He can get past players like it's nothing, end product isn't always there, but has still managed to get something like 10 assists this season while not even being a regular 90min guy. Perfect age as well.
I didnt see him play but the youtubes and I can swear thats exactly the impression I got from the videos.
Do we need another RW though?
Kulu is joining so unless we offload Bernardeschi I see no need in a RW (yeah I know he sucks..). We also have D.Costa who can play as a RW.
as for LW - We have Ronaldo and Costa while I dont know about Kulu`s ability to play LW.
Ronaldo will leave in a few years while D.Costa gets injured quite often - I think we should look for a LW more than a RW.

As for Chiesa - No thanks - I wanted him in the past but his price is way too high - He isnt 70M good...

Pegi

Feb 22, 2019
I didnt see him play but the youtubes and I can swear thats exactly the impression I got from the videos.
Do we need another RW though?
Kulu is joining so unless we offload Bernardeschi I see no need in a RW (yeah I know he sucks..). We also have D.Costa who can play as a RW.
as for LW - We have Ronaldo and Costa while I dont know about Kulu`s ability to play LW.
Ronaldo will leave in a few years while D.Costa gets injured quite often - I think we should look for a LW more than a RW.

As for Chiesa - No thanks - I wanted him in the past but his price is way too high - He isnt 70M good...
As long as Ronaldo is in here, we ain't gonna "need" another LW as he wants to play there mostly. It just would feel funny to see:

DC - Ronaldo - Traore

Lmao. That counter attacking would be ridiclous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)