Summer Mercato Thread 2020-21 (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
:alves:

seriously, i have no idea. pereira, the leicester guy looks like a good package overall, but badass jinxed him ages ago. i'd take hakimi but he's gonna cost way too much.
Real would never sell him, a homegrown player with more than 10 years at the club, great potential, already recognisable name, probably one of the future major African stars... I wouldnt sell him if I was in Real`s place and wouldnt want to go anywhere else if I was Achraf.

He would be an excellent long-term starter though, I would love him at Juve...

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Real would never sell him, a homegrown player with more than 10 years at the club, great potential, already recognisable name, probably one of the future major African stars... I wouldnt sell him if I was in Real`s place and wouldnt want to go anywhere else if I was Achraf.

He would be an excellent long-term starter though, I would love him at Juve...
I will ask my family to do scouting in Egypt and find the next great Egyptian RB so we can bring him to Juventus.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Name a RB that does all that then?
Only one comes in mind but he wont be cheap and he wouldnt want to join us as he is already playing for the best team in Europe (T.A.A)
Other than him, I dont think there is one who can do it all but I do think there are many RBs that are better than Cancelo including our own Cuadrado...

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Let's go full retard and get Gasperini as coach.
I actually always considered him a great coach but then his Inter season shown me that he is a great coach for small or medium clubs and he doesnt fit to the big pond..
S.Inzaghi - I said before he hasnt achieved a surprising result in the past although he did take Lazio to the top of their ability or at least thats what I thought before this season... This season shows he can further strength them and is doing it with great football - I really enjoy Lazio`s game!
I would love to see this game with our Juve.
Sarri - I thought he was a poor man`s Pep but he isnt even that.. Shows no determination , slow game, indecisiveness , passes has not improved... We just move the ball more but we dont go any further than we used to in terms of key passes.. and on top of all he is the type of guy that will find excuses for everything..
Pep - Well obviously a good coach but he over-pass it and despite everyone falling in love with his style, I havent..
Question is what can he bring us as he hasnt really made City that great... City won the EPL when everyone else sucked (quite similar to our Serie A to be honest).. In CL he never reached the semis with them and it feels City is a bluff.
Maybe its only luck and maybe it isnt..
On the other hand City has improved a lot since he got there and maybe he can do the same with us..

There are two coaches I prefer more but they are unattainable (Klopp and Zidane)

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
I will ask my family to do scouting in Egypt and find the next great Egyptian RB so we can bring him to Juventus.
Better keep an eye on the Summer Olympics in Japan in several months, a few names will definitely make the headlines and introduce themselves to the world football... :D

On the previous topic, for the right back I would like us to look at Eredivisie, both Denzel and Sergino Dest are worth a gamble. Denzel is PSV`s captain these past two months, solid and strong mofo, a leader and useful in attack, has 6 goals and 2 assists so far.

Dest is also very good, he`s like a playmaking right back, he controls the ball well, likes to dribble in the center of the pitch, is fast and shoots often, not that he`s had any success so far, but his shots are still decent, 5 assists though, I like him, seems like he`s capable of doing something unexpected with the ball at his feet, still 19 and is American. I imagine it would be cool to have a rising American star at Juventus, how cool exactly I am curious to find out... :D

I read somewhere that Bayern is after Dest and also he`s not on good terms with some of his teammates for chosing to play for USA instead of the Netherlands, so maybe he will be available for transfer this summer.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Watch him beat Valencia. And become another surprise like Ajax last year. It wont be impossible if they get passed Napoli or Barca next round.
Beating Valencia and making a surprise CL run isn't enough.

It's not like Gasp is some young, up and coming coach either. He has quite a mixed track record.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
With an inferior team like Atalanta it will be an overachievement. Especially with a team that plays for first time in CHL.
Yes, still not enough for Juventus...

Winning a two-legged knockout game against a similar or slightly better opponent, how does that qualify him to manage one of the highest paid teams in the world, full of superstars where winning the Scudetto is a minimum requirement?

juve123

Aug 10, 2017

Winning a two-legged knockout game against a similar or slightly better opponent, how does that qualify him to manage one of the highest paid teams in the world, full of superstars where winning the Scudetto is a minimum requirement?
Pochettino?

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017

Agree. But winning scudetto will not be minimum requirement with years to come. I expect inter to become even stronger next year. It will no longer be walk in the park. Though, losing this year will be on us.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Only one comes in mind but he wont be cheap and he wouldnt want to join us as he is already playing for the best team in Europe (T.A.A)
Other than him, I dont think there is one who can do it all but I do think there are many RBs that are better than Cancelo including our own Cuadrado...
If we’re weighing up pros and cons here. I would rather Cancelo than Quads. Cancelo’s delivery and running with the ball is exceptional. Something I wish A Sandro would do instead of always checking inside. TAA is quality. What’s Cafu doing these days? I’m sure he’s still got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)