Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (115 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Fair enough :tup:

I personally think we wouldn’t have won the 16/17 Scudetto without his goals, and he scored huge goals for us in both CL seasons, so I think he’s re-paid some of the investment we put in him. He’s been a very good transfer IMO but not a great one.
Would need to see out his entire contract IMO to pay "back" the club in entirety. Leaves halfway through then yeah, probably a healthy loss from a financial POV.

Buy on AliExpress.com

juvefc_robin

Jun 15, 2003
Im not really a contributor to the site, just read the latest transfer rumours.
But now I would really like to know if we all talking about the same club we support?

Juventus: 7 scudetti, 4 coppa italia, 3 italian supercups en 2 CL finals. Pure dominance in Serie A and great results in Europe almost every year.

Are you sure you all know it better than the current management who are writing history? I can totally understand the disappointment in missing the CL in that list, but come on, the talk here is unrealistic.

Look at all the great players we have picked up. Some for free, some for a small amount and maybe a few for a large sum. Compare this with other teams and maybe you come to the conclusion this management is doing a great job.

The negativity here is too much and irrational.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Nedved : " We are not worried about a possible departure of Higuain. Let's see what will happen after the World Cup. A company must please the player, he must not be held back must be happy to play with this shirt. We must decide together ".
Oh snap. Biggest news yet on Higs. :shocked:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Tell me one player that had more assist/season since his spell here.
Not to mention the 'quality' of some of our players and coaching staff then.
I thought he started off well, but faded out horrendously as the season went on. He wasn’t anywhere near Felipe Melo/Amauri levels of atrocious but he didn’t suit us.

Likeable dude though.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
But now I would really like to know if we all talking about the same club we support?

Juventus: 7 scudetti, 4 coppa italia, 3 italian supercups en 2 CL finals. Pure dominance in Serie A and great results in Europe almost every year.

Are you sure you all know it better than the current management who are writing history? I can totally understand the disappointment in missing the CL in that list, but come on, the talk here is unrealistic.

Look at all the great players we have picked up. Some for free, some for a small amount and maybe a few for a large sum. Compare this with other teams and maybe you come to the conclusion this management is doing a great job.

:heart:

Post more. Need more of this.

- - - Updated - - -
@zizinho

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...s-43-5m-Inter-Milan-forward-Mauro-Icardi.html

- - - Updated - - -

Juventus offer 'Gonzalo Higuain plus £43.5m for prolific Inter Milan forward Mauro Icardi' as they look to activate a clause in his contract

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Milan-forward-Mauro-Icardi.html#ixzz5Gt8UncjU

The 25-year-old has a clause in his contract making him available for £96m between July 1-20 to clubs outside of Italy which prompted Juve to lodge an official bid.
- - - Updated - - -

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport Juventus are open to sell Higuain for a fee around € 63 million. The Blues may not be open to spend as much for a 31 year old but the departure of Alvaro Morata could change the scenario.

63m for a 31 year old lol

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009

Most football fans are irrational in their arguments, since we are emotional invested in the club we support and love. The irrationality goes both ways tho. Perhaps one should read the morer ational ones and perhaps consider that soem of the criticism towards Marotta [and the board] is out of love and support, not spite and hate.

You correlating criticism with [lack of love and] support to the club is as irrational as you call other out for. The tribalistic logic of "shut up and eat what is being served" makes this entire community redundant*. Perhaps you should ignore retarded emotional autistic post and just read those, that in a non-meme and calm manner tries to explain their view on our situation. Nothing last forever therefore it's more than legitimate to question our board and Marotta.

we are already redundant :heart: 'tuz :heart
:

- - - Updated - - -

When did he say this?

If true, then ok, Higuain will be sold.
Yeah, that sounds liek a goodbye to Miss Piggy.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005

I would like us to strengthen seriously all areas. Then spend the next season and season after on youngsters. We’ve weakened our midfield and defence in the last few seasons. Look at Real for example. They’ve spent money building their squad and look how dominant they’ve been in Europe cos of it and recently haven’t purchased anyone. I feel at times with us it’s one step forward and one step back. Yes, we’ve reached the final in CL. But I’m sick of going into these games feeling as the under dog. I’m an old git and remember the 90’s well with our club in Europe. And I’ll tell you something it felt great. Want that feeling back!!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I would like us to strengthen seriously all areas. Then spend the next season and season after on youngsters. We’ve weakened our midfield and defence in the last few seasons. Look at Real for example. They’ve spent money building their squad and look how dominant they’ve been in Europe cos of it and recently haven’t purchased anyone. I feel at times with us it’s one step forward and one step back. Yes, we’ve reached the final in CL. But I’m sick of going into these games feeling as the under dog. I’m an old git and remember the 90’s well with our club in Europe. And I’ll tell you something it felt great. Want that feels my back, just once.
Bad comparison IMO...can't even be in the same argument considering how much more that club is worth than Juve. Will never be close in the foreseeable future.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
He wasnt as heavy last season and we weakened our rival for the scudetto so I wouldnt call it a bad transfer - It just wasnt a great one

People forgot how he banged lots of goals last year and we were desperate for a striker as we lost Morata to Real...
Again, Higuain performs on his level. I just think 90 mln is too much for him.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Again, Higuain performs on his level. I just think 90 mln is too much for him.
It was a lot of money, I agree, but seriously, the Juve fans who have been so irked by that transfer fee and still are, have denied themselves a lot of pleasure in my opinion.

The entire city of Napoli are still hurting from the fact that he went to us and lifted two scudetti here, two coppa italias and propelled us to the CL final last season.

I'm not saying the dude has fully repayed those 90 million, but he surely has repayed a bunch of it.

Yes, we got to the CL final last year as a team, but the dude scored TWO away goals in the semi final last year.

If you ask me, Pipita has delivered for us. You could fill an entire Youtube-video with those cheesy retarded songs now, with crucial pivotal goals from him.

It's not your money, why don't give that transfer fee thingy a rest? And just enjoy the player?

And if it turns out he has played his last game for us, be thankful for what he did during two seasons here. We got a ton of goals and some assists and the man has been decisive, and truly killed himself for the shirt.

juvefc_robin

Jun 15, 2003
Most football fans are irrational in their arguments, since we are emotional invested in the club we support and love. The irrationality goes both ways tho. Perhaps one should read the morer ational ones and perhaps consider that soem of the criticism towards Marotta [and the board] is out of love and support, not spite and hate.

You correlating criticism with [lack of love and] support to the club is as irrational as you call other out for. The tribalistic logic of "shut up and eat what is being served" makes this entire community redundant*. Perhaps you should ignore retarded emotional autistic post and just read those, that in a non-meme and calm manner tries to explain their view on our situation. Nothing last forever therefore it's more than legitimate to question our board and Marotta.

we are already redundant :heart: 'tuz :heart
:

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, that sounds liek a goodbye to Miss Piggy.
Than there's a language barrier, I never try to question your lack of love and support.
With love and support there is criticism, more importantly, we need to give criticism as football is all about its supporters who bring in the money.

I'm talking about realistic expectations of Juventus :). I have the feeling that's not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)