Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (139 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
If Beppe is trying to sell Higuain/trying to sign Icardi, then that means he low key feels he made a mistake with the transfer.
I despise Icardi on a personal level, but holy moly is he a great striker. That foreign clubs haven't bought him yet baffles me; only explanation: Wanda.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Juve eye Barca starlet? | Football Italia

Juventus are reportedly keen on signing Barcelona starlet Oriol Busquets, whose contract expires next month.

According to Mundo Deportivo, Busquets – of no relation to Barca stalwart Sergio but plays in the same position as his namesake – has 'all the qualities to reach the first team’ at Camp Nou but has been out since February with a knee injury.

Furthermore, the 19-year-old [pictured, right], has yet to negotiate a new deal with the Catalans, leaving him free to sign elsewhere.

The newspaper notes Busquets 'has received more offers from outside the club than within’ and that one of the former come from Juve, who are 'pressing’ to nab the teenager for nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, ooooooollldd

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Pathetic spoilt morons who deserve Secco years. Wanking over Liverpool, even though they’ve been absolutely atrocious for the better part of a decade. But all of a sudden, we should be copying their transfer policies.
Have anyone written that actually? And are there actually anyone wanking to Liverpool's transfer deals?

Besides your argument is utter nonsense (red herring and straw man fallacies): we don't have to be grateful and live in soem tribalistic mindset of the great leader. It's actually possible to both praise and criticize Marotta [for soem].

- - - Updated - - -

I find the Higuain hatred on here quite baffling.
You can liek Higuain and respect him for what he has done here, but still think it was a bad deal.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If a midfielder leaves, Juve will look to sign Cristante | Calciomercato.com

CalcioMercato can exclusively understand that Juventus that will look to sign Bryan Cristante if one of their midfielders leaves this summer.

Cristante has become a wanted commodity at a host of clubs across Europe this summer, thanks to his performances for Atalanta. He appeared 37 times in the Serie A this season, scoring nine times, assisting twice.

CalcioMercato's Fabrizio Romano can exclusively understand that Juve will make a move for Cristante if one of Sami Khedira, Stefano Sturaro or Claudio Marchisio leaves the club.

While Emre Can is joining by the end of this week, Cristante will be a priority in case of a departure and the player is really liked by Fabio Paratici and Beppe Marotta.

Atalanta rate the former Milan man at 30 million euros and Roma too are eyeing a move for the Italian. Juventus will be in the race for Cristante as even Allegri approves of a move for the midfielder.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Have anyone written that actually? And are there actually anyone wanking to Liverpool's transfer deals?

Besides your argument is utter nonsense (red herring and straw man fallacies): we don't have to be grateful and live in soem tribalistic mindset of the great leader. It's actually possible to both praise and criticize Marotta [for soem].

- - - Updated - - -

You can liek Higuain and respect him for what he has done here, but still think it was a bad deal.
I have no issue with legit criticism of Marotta or Higuain. I’m not a fan of the knee-jerk bullshit like “HOMGZZZ Liverpool signed Fabinho, fucken Marotta signed Can omfg worst transfer director ever, no wonder we don’t win CL” this sort of garbage infests the forum at this time of the year and makes this place unreadable.

Regarding Higuain, no issue with people not liking his play-style/demeanour/attitude etc, but to call him a failed transfer is just distorting reality and letting personal bias cloud judgement.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Miss Piggy was a really bad transfer, we went all-in and lost
He wasnt as heavy last season and we weakened our rival for the scudetto so I wouldnt call it a bad transfer - It just wasnt a great one

People forgot how he banged lots of goals last year and we were desperate for a striker as we lost Morata to Real...

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He wasnt as heavy last season and we weakened our rival for the scudetto so I wouldnt call it a bad transfer - It just wasnt a great one

People forgot how he banged lots of goals last year and we were desperate for a striker as we lost Morata to Real...
Let's say we never let Morata leave and never signed Higuain. Of all the goals and points that Higuain delivered to this team be it in the CL or the league, does anyone think Morata would have delivered the goods as Higuain has?

Exclude the price. Talking only about the player.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I have no issue with legit criticism of Marotta or Higuain. I’m not a fan of the knee-jerk bullshit like “HOMGZZZ Liverpool signed Fabinho, fucken Marotta signed Can omfg worst transfer director ever, no wonder we don’t win CL” this sort of garbage infests the forum at this time of the year and makes this place unreadable.

Regarding Higuain, no issue with people not liking his play-style/demeanour/attitude etc, but to call him a failed transfer is just distorting reality and letting personal bias cloud judgement.
First part I agree with, but those badass post is just to be ignored, but remember they are also written in the opposite direction, where critical post are responded to with "go back to the Secco days".

That's the thing, I don't think it's distorting reality to say the 90m spend on Higuain was a fail; he hasn't taken us to the next level, his style doesn't really blend well with the new system with wingers and Dybala, no resale value and so on. In the bigger picture I think signing Higuain at that price was a mistake. Nothing to do with hate tho, 'cause I liek Higuain as a player.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
First part I agree with, but those badass post is just to be ignored, but remember they are also written in the opposite direction, where critical post are responded to with "go back to the Secco days".

That's the thing, I don't think it's distorting reality to say the 90m spend on Higuain was a fail; he hasn't taken us to the next level, his style doesn't really blend well with the new system with wingers and Dybala, no resale value and so on. In the bigger picture I think signing Higuain at that price was a mistake. Nothing to do with hate tho, 'cause I liek Higuain as a player.
Fair enough :tup:

I personally think we wouldn’t have won the 16/17 Scudetto without his goals, and he scored huge goals for us in both CL seasons, so I think he’s re-paid some of the investment we put in him. He’s been a very good transfer IMO but not a great one.

Abdo Alzahaby

Feb 7, 2018
Nedved : " We are not worried about a possible departure of Higuain. Let's see what will happen after the World Cup. A company must please the player, he must not be held back must be happy to play with this shirt. We must decide together ".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 135)