Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (245 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I'll play devils advocate and say a new coach and major changes will happen. I reckon dybala and sandro will be sold to fund some major changes in the team.
I really like A.Sandro despite his average season but if we sell someone in order to raise funds - If we need to sacrifice someone I rather sell A.Sandro and not Dybala
Dybala is currently overrated but when I say that take note of that currently thing.
Dybala is a player that if we play a tactic like in Madrid he could do a lot of damage to the opposition..
Despite not getting to the level we all expect him to get (again I say yet..) Dybala proves he can shoot and pass and look at his stats as proof - now imagine if we play 4-3-3 and tell him to play like D.Costa - They can be a deadly duo...

The truth is what we need are:
Defense - We need fullbacks - especially if A.Sandro leaves..
Midfield - We need muscle and great passers as we lose too many balls because we are not accurate enough
Attack - We need another D.Costa but one who is more precise in his shots

Since we need to be realist and understand we cant get everything in one summer as if we act to do this we will end with the same problems (unless we get an investment which is unlikely knowing our club)
Number one priority should be a strong CM who can defend and attack - he needs to be fairly strong and good with his feet

- - - Updated - - -

Expectation: Veratti Donarruma MilenkovicSavic
Reality: Barella Audero and NZonzi.
Expectation? Are you sure this is the right word to describe what you want to say? I guess you meant what you want and not what you expect..
Im pretty sure we will get better than those trio but Im not sure it will satisfy you..

- - - Updated - - -

yeah Dona is very overrated, both our keepers are at least 4x better than him
wouldn't break the bank for him that's for sure
Yes and no..
Yes Dona is very overrated and this is mainly because of his young age
No both our GK are not 4 times better than him - Buffon is Polak isnt..
I`d say that Donnarumma is probably better than the Polak even if its not that obvious and I might be wrong on it - It is just that when the Polak saves shots he sometime save it in a weird way and Im afraid that he will save a shot that will ricochet into our net..
Oblak though is 10 times better than both Donnarumma and the Polak..

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Szczesny is great too. But donnarumma is going to be on another level in a few years. He won't join juve anyway so no point taking about it.

Instead of sending buffon to retire i would keep him as number 2 of szczeny and maybe play him in the UCL only. I just want him to go :cry:
Then why bring him up?

:rakib&orgut:

Sidindi

Jan 18, 2008
Hey guys just a friendly reminder that calling Szczesny a polak is quite insulting. It's a pejorative term for a polish person in English. It's like calling cuadrado a spic instead his name or nickname. Given that a) he's our player and he's not bad so we have no reason to be mad at him, b) I am sure some of you thought it was funny but not actually an insult and mostly, c) everyone here is a reasonably nice human being. I vote we stop that shizz.
Also. If you want to make fun of his name, know it LITERALLY means "lucky."

Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Hey guys just a friendly reminder that calling Szczesny a polak is quite insulting. It's a pejorative term for a polish person in English. It's like calling cuadrado a spic instead his name or nickname. Given that a) he's our player and he's not bad so we have no reason to be mad at him, b) I am sure some of you thought it was funny but not actually an insult and mostly, c) everyone here is a reasonably nice human being. I vote we stop that shizz.
Also. If you want to make fun of his name, know it LITERALLY means "lucky."

Just a thought.

Okay, I'll call him a polakker. That's what we danes call them when we are being PC.

Thanks for your advice, Hillary.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Breaking the bank for a goalkeeper would be immensely retarded.

We'd win the league with a potato in goal and in the CL as long as your GK isn't disabled the rest of the squad is far more important.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Breaking the bank for a goalkeeper would be immensely retarded.

We'd win the league with a potato in goal and in the CL as long as your GK isn't disabled the rest of the squad is far more important.
Is that so? :think: We should buy Meret and make him our starter for sure.

Only Italian #1 goalkeepers are tolerated in Juve. There you go, I said it.

Sidindi

Jan 18, 2008
Nah. Been lurking for like 15 years. Never post. But that was pissing me off. Hillary or not, this forum is not that kind of people. No matter how shitty we get to each other. This is not inter or Manu forums. We can actually not act like animals.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Nah. Been lurking for like 15 years. Never post. But that was pissing me off. Hillary or not, this forum is not that kind of people. No matter how shitty we get to each other. This is not inter or Manu forums. We can actually not act like animals.
'Tuz is full of degenerates as an example polakkeren Peter

Sidindi

Jan 18, 2008
I totally get people being degenerates. The stuff I was yelling yesterday watching the game would have gotten me arrested in most countries. But at our own players? Again. Example being if we referred to a Latino player exclusively as spic. Or worse off. Imagine she shit people would call benatia. But not just when mad. At all times. We're better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 245)