Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (27 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Ronaldo may be one of the richest athletes in the world but his alleged debt is quite substantial. He is not billionaire status, a debt in the 10s of millions is far from being just chump change to him.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
It is time to give my 2 cents.

First I would like to apologize for my absence during this critical time for all Juventus supporters. I would also like to thank all the users (and there were many) who PM'ed me during my banning unaware of what had happened. I have tried to respond to as many as I could since I was ceremoniously unbanned. The reason for my banning remains unclear as I only received a message stating 'bbye big boy' but that is no longer important given what is going on currently.

CRISTIANO RONALDO. Say it again. CRISTIANO RONALDO. The greatest player to ever play the game and he might be coming to Juventus. This would be the biggest transfer in Juventus history and one of the most talked about transfers in footballing history. We have come a long way from the dark days of 2006. This is a statement of intent; Juventus are elite again and have ability and money to sign any player. Should this transfer go through then Juventus may once again become as attractive an option as the likes of Real, Barca and Man Utd for sought after players. Take it in folks, this is big.

Not only is it a statement of intent that puts Juventus are the very top of global football again it is also financially a brilliant move. At a time of rebranding, with a sustained campaign on the American market to attract new fans and during a period where sponsorship fees are incredibly low relative to other similarly sized clubs in Europe we may be signing the most marketable, globally recognized footballer to ever exist. Sponsorship, brand awareness, legions of new supporters and hopefully lots more trophies. Perfect timing.

Ronaldo is 33 and is still by far the best player on the planet. Considering Juventus track record with older players then I see no reason why we can't get another 3 years of top level football out of Ronaldo. The guy is still physically showing no signs of ageing and recorded the fastest pace ran at this years world cup. Age isn't a big issue here. There will be not much resale value (although who knows what China clubs might pay to get him out of his 4 year contract after 3 years) but considering the money he will bring in through marketing, sponsorship and titles this isn't a big deal.

An attacking trident of Costa-Dybala-Ronaldo is just mouth watering. It's going to be near impossible to defend against that sort of all round threat. All three can create something out of nothing. That trio is guaranteeing us the title for the next 3 years in Serie A and in Europe we will finally have a clutch player. We need one. We saw what Juventus is capable of when Higuain plays like the striker he was supposed to play like in Europe against Tottenham. Ronaldo rarely goes missing in the big games. He also takes considerable pressure off Dybala and frees him up far more than Higuain ever could. Just having Dybala even learning from Ronaldo is worth its weight in gold in my opinion.

Make absolutely no mistake about it this transfer brings Juventus back to the glory days. This transfer puts a stop to us losing our world class players year in year out and missing out on top transfer targets to lesser but more 'attractive' clubs. This may put an end to our CL drought and certainly cements our dominance in the Serie A. This is exactly what Juventus need at a critical time for the club.

This transfer has the ability not just to transform Juventus but to transform the entire Serie A. This is an opportunity that can't be missed, not just for Juventus but for Italian football in general. We have ALL been given a 40ft yacht en route to St Tropez to escape from the burning ship wreck that has been Italian football for the last few years. Ronaldo's transfer increases Serie A exposure exponentially, it shows world football that the very best are playing in the Serie A and it forces other teams to open the piggy banks themselves.

This is mind blowing. If Beppe pulls this one off then I will pull him off.

Say it again folks; CRISTIANO RONALDO

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
Ronaldo may be one of the richest athletes in the world but his alleged debt is quite substantial. He is not billionaire status, a debt in the 10s of millions is far from being just chump change to him.
He has a lifetime contract with Nike worth 1bn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
Just calm down and show some humility. You may become famous after all if you do.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I am extraordinarily calm. Ice like.

Does this transfer affect our future relationship with Madrid? After all Ronaldo probably wouldn't be leaving if not for Juventus interest and Florez would probably like to keep Ronaldo or at least sell him for a lot more money than 100m if he could. He can't be too happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)