Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (23 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
To be fair I lurked for several years before joining. I think a lot of us did.
Some of us have been on the front lines posting our opinions and making waves since 2003 pal. I have been a contributor to this forum for over 15 years. While you were lurking I was making a name for myself as one of the great Tuz posters. You have seen my posts for over a decade and now you have my attention.

I have mixed optimism for this one. I don't want those arrogant twats in Manchester (both clubs) to swoop in and hijack this deal last minute.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Wonder what those meetings were about today. There weren’t really any new leaks. I think they’re being tight lipped on purpose. Marotta always has something to say when asked. Don’t remember the last time he just waved off reporters.

And let’s not be naive. This isn’t a week in the making. They’ve been at this for months.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Some of us have been on the front lines posting our opinions and making waves since 2003 pal. I have been a contributor to this forum for over 15 years. While you were lurking I was making a name for myself as one of the great Tuz posters. You have seen my posts for over a decade and now you have my attention.

I have mixed optimism for this one. I don't want those arrogant twats in Manchester (both clubs) to swoop in and hijack this deal last minute.
Nah Ronaldo is not going back to Manchester. He has already been inside it, long since over it.

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
Nah Ronaldo is not going back to Manchester. He has already been inside it, long since over it.
I suppose you are right. He has won everything with them and he dislikes Mourinho anyway. If Ronaldo is classy he won't even consider a bid from Manchester City as well.

That leaves PSG as our main rivals for his signature

Apr 15, 2006

A Tuz great with just 536 posts in 15 years? :lol: You just another basic bitch with a vanilla username like that.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
I suppose you are right. He has won everything with them and he dislikes Mourinho anyway. If Ronaldo is classy he won't even consider a bid from Manchester City as well.

That money club shouldn’t interest any serious footballer. Buffon is only there for a final payday. It’s why I don’t like Verratti. No ambition.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16,171
    If you take a dictionary and look up the word Modest...you won't see JUVESUPPORTER's pic next to it.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006

Yes I worry some billionaire Arab who wants to play real life football manager or some shady Chinese backer may come in and try to provide the capital to a club to steal this deal from us.

with Ronaldo allegedly owing 10s of millions in back taxes I wouldn't hold it against him to pick whoever offers him the most money.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
    Yes I worry some billionaire Arab who wants to play real life football manager or some shady Chinese backer may come in and try to provide the capital to a club to steal this deal from us.

with Ronaldo allegedly owing 10s of millions in back taxes I wouldn't hold it against him to pick whoever offers him the most money.
    If this was just about money he would’ve picked another club.

Most of his income comes outside of football anyway.

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003

I think his ego will be too big for that. It would tarnish his legacy to be playing the Chinese league while Messi is still competing for and winning titles in Spain and Europe.

His legacy is worth far more to him than a pay day when he is still at his peak. He could still have a huge final pay day at 36 if he wanted.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
    I think his ego will be too big for that. It would tarnish his legacy to be playing the Chinese league while Messi is still competing for and winning titles in Spain and Europe.

His legacy is worth far more to him than a pay day when he is still at his peak. He could still have a huge final pay day at 36 if he wanted.
    Yeah, Ronaldo is a brand. Money isn’t an issue for him, even with his tax problems. He can go to China at 40 and cash in.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006

Not so sure about that. He has like four kids now and a pretty large debt hanging over him that he will have to pay at some point.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)