Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (39 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Probably depends on who you have in the middle. Higauin as CF (or Dybala if Allegri ever decides to try it) would waste Costa on the left at least to a certain extent. But if you have an aerial beast like Cavani, Lewandowski, Mandzukic, Dzeko in the middle, Costa on the left would be great.
True but he would prove beneficial even if you play without an old fashioned CF boasting height and physicality.
At LW he would be able to provide low hard crosses from the backline as well, while at RW he would only be able to provide those semi useful balloon crosses, cutting back into the field. A left footed player in the left is ideal for assists. If you move a lefie to the right, he's not a classic winger, but more of an inside forward. Ronaldo, Neymar, Robben and the likes are all inside forwards.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
But don't you think his overall play is better on the right? He's not as predictable as on the left, where he's pretty much limited to go wide and cross.
Normally a player should be more predictable if he only goes wide on his preferred foot, but he is so fast he can go by anyone anyways, and he is MORE creative on left, because he is almost forced to pass/cross every time on left, and since his crossing is fairly elite, he has been more effective for us on the left. All the right side does is give him extra ability to shoot himself, while he isnt really effective enough finishing himself IMO so far. Plus it kinda limits him to cross inwards type of crosses from right side with his left foot where he has to find someone on the far post, not high chance play often time (also since he doesnt cross/pass with his right, unless he ran into the box so deep he can just side way pass to open guy).

I personally prefer him on left, he defenitely shown he has high impact there, but I'm fine with right too only if he improves his shooting consistency. But creative and matchup nightmare of a beast on the left for sure IMO.

When we consider his season, pretty much most of his best games for us been on the left in 2018 (2017 was mainly adjustment period for him), vs Milan, Tottenham, Sampdoria etc.

Lets watch this clip of his season (fairly amazing signing this turned out to be, great job by Marotta), pretty much most of the clip is of him terrorizing from the left creatively, while from the right he tends to wander centrally and complicate his decision making more:

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Marotta & Paratici have contacted the agent of Wilshere & offered his client a 4-year contract worth €4.5m/yr. (TMW)

Juventus remain interested in Darmian & Cancelo. (Sky)

Juventus could receive €20m from the sales of Mandragora & Sturaro. (Sky)

JUVESUPPORTER

Aug 25, 2003
I dont want to get people's hopes up but I had a very interesting encounter last night...

I was in a dingy downtown dive around the corner from where I was due to meet another Afro Colombian chica on a date. She was running late and I decided I would have a few michelada's to pass the time. Sitting in the corner was a bald headed gringo. An odd occurrence in this particular barrio where gringos were rare (in fact in Cali entirely it is rare to see a gringo). I was taking aback by the wealth this gentleman had on display. A Louis Vuitton man purse, a large silver Tag Huer watch, a gold chain around his neck. He didn't dress down he wore expensive clothes and seemed completely at ease. In Cali you don't make yourself a target or the likelihood is that two banditos will approach on motorbikes pull at their pistols and demand all your belongings. What was this man doing in this part of the city dressed like he was going to the Monaco grand prix?

A football match played on the television. It was Poland v Chile and I sat down beside the gentleman. He told me his name was Zoran Jakic or something similar, he was from Serbia and was out in Colombia exporting valuable metals to his homeland. It turned out he was extraordinarily wealthy and involved heavily in match fixing in Serbia but this is besides the point. As we talked more and more football I had informed him that I was a Juventus supporter. With that his eyebrows raised. It was then I knew that he was going to tell me something extraordinary.

This man, this bald headed gold plated, Serbian gringo knew all of the goings on in Serbian football. He knew players, coaches and directors in Serbia personally. He leaned in and put down his glass sternly. He said, almost in a whisper, ''Savic to Juventus is a done deal'

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I dont want to get people's hopes up but I had a very interesting encounter last night...

I was in a dingy downtown dive around the corner from where I was due to meet another Afro Colombian chica on a date. She was running late and I decided I would have a few michelada's to pass the time. Sitting in the corner was a bald headed gringo. An odd occurrence in this particular barrio where gringos were rare (in fact in Cali entirely it is rare to see a gringo). I was taking aback by the wealth this gentleman had on display. A Louis Vuitton man purse, a large silver Tag Huer watch, a gold chain around his neck. He didn't dress down he wore expensive clothes and seemed completely at ease. In Cali you don't make yourself a target or the likelihood is that two banditos will approach on motorbikes pull at their pistols and demand all your belongings. What was this man doing in this part of the city dressed like he was going to the Monaco grand prix?

A football match played on the television. It was Poland v Chile and I sat down beside the gentleman. He told me his name was Zoran Jakic or something similar, he was from Serbia and was out in Colombia exporting valuable metals to his homeland. It turned out he was extraordinarily wealthy and involved heavily in match fixing in Serbia but this is besides the point. As we talked more and more football I had informed him that I was a Juventus supporter. With that his eyebrows raised. It was then I knew that he was going to tell me something extraordinary.

This man, this bald headed gold plated, Serbian gringo knew all of the goings on in Serbian football. He knew players, coaches and directors in Serbia personally. He leaned in and put down his glass sternly. He said, almost in a whisper, ''Savic to Juventus is a done deal'
Bullshitting and giving fake news is ban worthy

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017

Was it this guy?

https://www.insightcrime.org/news/a...-highlights-south-americas-balkan-connection/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)