- @StefanoDonati27: “Guarda che questi qua ti fregano Icardi...”

- Lui: “Posso prendere chi vogliono”

- @StefanoDonati27: “Occhio...”

- Lui: “Sai cosa ti dico? Che Martinez è più forte”

Momblano

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
We are talking about strikers tracking back in the first place since we've had to witness slow, lazy players in midfield for a good 2 seasons. Khedira and Pjanic are both low workrate midfielders.

If we had a midfield of Marchisio, Pogba and Vidal, i doubt we'd be so overconcerned about strikers tracking back.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
There are very, very few teams without Ronaldo/Messi that actually play 2 strikers (and even Barca could not defend Roma this year). One has always been Atletico and in their prime days they had Costa/Garcia who made the formation a 4-6-0, that's how defensive they were.

Otherwise if you are playing 4-4-2 and don't ask the strikers to defend, you are gambling big time that you can defend the other team with only 8 players. It's basically the difference between Juve-Madrid first leg and second leg. First leg it's 4-4-2 and MDS gets caught in midfield because we don't have the 5th player to take up the space. Boom 1-0, match over.

If Allegri was more defensive in the first leg, we could have the CL right now.

I don't know what changes from Higuain to Icardi. Maybe Icardi scores 3 or 4 more goals. But we will still struggle vs. teams like Spurs, going back and forth up and down the pitch, wide open, because we don't have enough players closing space.
You make it sound like we're getting Icardi and losing a guy like Vidal. We'd lose Higuain and get Icardi. There's a lot more potential for the upcoming year, we wouldn't feel the Higi absence.

Still, I'd even prefer to sell Higuain if that means landing SMS. Then we can play more aggressive and actually attack the opponent and not only press when we lose 2-0. Roma demolished Barca this year and they had a far worse team. Allegri would never go through there, because he'd sit back and wait for mistakes.

And no, I'm not saying Allegri sucks. And no, I'm not saying we should get Roma's coach.

Jun 6, 2015
They don't :p not any top club has strikers who track back to help out midfield. I don't mean they are stuck in the box, but what they ask in Italy is quite unique and retarded.
Pretty much all top strikers track back. Higuain, Firmino, Kane, Benzema and Suarez just to name a few. I't really isn't anything unique that is only done in Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)