Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (41 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I do not see the point if we're bringing back Spinazzola.

Gigi
Bellerin Benatia Chiellini Spinazzola
Can Pjanic Matuidi
Dybala Higuain Douglas Costa​

Bench: Polish guy, Mandzukic, Cuadrado, Bernardeschi, Bentancur, Marchisio, Khedira, Pellegrini, Barzagli, Rugani, De Sciglio

In: Bellerin 70M, Spinazzola free, Emre Can free, Pellegrini 25M,
Out: AS for 60M, Sturaro 5M, Asamoah, Lichtsteiner, Pjaca on loan

That really is a CL-winning squad right there.. insane depth and quality

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Gigi
Can Pjanic Matuidi

Bench: Polish guy, Mandzukic, Cuadrado, Bernardeschi, Bentancur, Marchisio, Khedira, Pellegrini, Barzagli, Rugani, De Sciglio

Absolutely love it. Hopefully Bellerin is more ambitious than someone like Ozil

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017

Gigi
Can Pjanic Matuidi

If this is a CL-winning squad, we already have one.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I feel like our biggest problem to sort, and it has been for multiple windows now, is the issue of Dybala and our formation.

Are we building around him and what position is he best suited for? Because Higuain/Dybala doesn't work and Max was already drifting away from it before the injury. I can't believe Max would choose 4-2-3-1 over 4-3-3 so either Dybala has to play #9 or Higuain has to play #9.

But we have to sort this all out first. Because the formation also affects the CMs. Remember how Marotta passed on Tolisso because he said we are playing with 2 holding midfielders? Ya... turns out we're not.

So Marotta needs to figure out what the focal point of the team is and go from there because buying random players and dumping them on Max won't work forever. And everyone knows I fap to Beppe.

All the data we have right now suggests Allegri + 4-3-3 = impenetrable defence. I know defending is taboo but when it is at such a high level, it is worth exploring as a positive.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
I feel like our biggest problem to sort, and it has been for multiple windows now, is the issue of Dybala and our formation.

Are we building around him and what position is he best suited for? Because Higuain/Dybala doesn't work and Max was already drifting away from it before the injury. I can't believe Max would choose 4-2-3-1 over 4-3-3 so either Dybala has to play #9 or Higuain has to play #9.

But we have to sort this all out first. Because the formation also affects the CMs. Remember how Marotta passed on Tolisso because he said we are playing with 2 holding midfielders? Ya... turns out we're not.

So Marotta needs to figure out what the focal point of the team is and go from there because buying random players and dumping them on Max won't work forever. And everyone knows I fap to Beppe.

All the data we have right now suggests Allegri + 4-3-3 = impenetrable defence. I know defending is taboo but when it is at such a high level, it is worth exploring as a positive.
Sell. Simples.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

Gigi
Can Pjanic Matuidi

:think: :hihi: That is definitely not a CL winning squad, unless we get incredibly fortunate. The fullbacks are nothing to write home about, our midfield isn't that great, and we still have Fatso leading the line.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What's your solution? You think Higgy and Dieber can work together?
I honestly don't give two shits about Higuain. Dybala is more valuable and a far more marketable asset. Higuain will be turning 31 by the end of the year, and I honestly don't think someone like him will be able to sustain the "high" levels that we have witnessed beyond the age of 32. He doesn't strike me as a guy who has the mental fortitude to stay relevant for much longer.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I honestly don't give two shits about Higuain. Dybala is more valuable and a far more marketable asset. Higuain will be turning 31 by the end of the year, and I honestly don't think someone like him will be able to sustain the "high" levels that we have witnessed beyond the age of 32. He doesn't strike me as a guy who has the mental fortitude to stay relevant for much longer.
Yes, but practically speaking, what can we do with him? Who's gonna buy him without us taking a major loss, plus can afford his wages? I think we're stuck with him for now.

- - - Updated - - -

Sell Fatso and try to get as much money back as possible.

Play Dybala as false 9.

Not gonna happen.
Exactly.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You really did it! :gasp:
Nothing against you man, but people just casually and nonchalantly endorsing his sale because he can't co-exist with the fat dude up front is both disgusting and disconcerting. If they can't co-exist Higuain leaves or hits the bench, not the other way around. We may have paid 90 million for him, but that's not his true value. It was a costly mistake.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Nothing against you man, but people just casually and nonchalantly endorsing his sale because he can't co-exist with the fat dude up front is both disgusting and disconcerting. If they can't co-exist Higuain leaves or hits the bench, not the other way around. We may have paid 90 million for him, but that's not his true value. It was a costly mistake.
I'm not saying what I want, just how I believe things should go, knowing the way the club operates.

I wouldn't mind experimenting with Dybala as the #9 with Higuain coming off the bench, but Max won't do that. And it doesn't make sense going into another season with an attacking duo that doesn't click.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Yes, but practically speaking, what can we do with him? Who's gonna buy him without us taking a major loss, plus can afford his wages? I think we're stuck with him for now.
PSG? Exchange for Cavani? :boh: I think Max needs to figure this out. It seems that Mandzukic and Dybala can link up well. I really don't think Higuain offers much in Europe. Sure, he decided the tie against Monaco (Alves had a helping hand too), but he was pretty anonymous until that point.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
PSG? Exchange for Cavani? :boh: I think Max needs to figure this out. It seems that Mandzukic and Dybala can link up well. I really don't think Higuain offers much in Europe. Sure, he decided the tie against Monaco (Alves had a helping hand too), but he was pretty anonymous until that point.
Why would PSG want him? :lol:

Our only hope is China

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
I'm not saying what I want, just how I believe things should go, knowing the way the club operates.

I wouldn't mind experimenting with Dybala as the #9 with Higuain coming off the bench, but Max won't do that. And it doesn't make sense going into another season with an attacking duo that doesn't click.
This.

For me the team is greater than any individual.

And I forgive you @Bianconero81 for my -rep. Better to get it out of your system now than bottle it up for the summer.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Why would PSG want him? :lol:

Our only hope is China
I don't know. Money isn't an issue for them. We could send him to United if Lukaku keeps sucking :D

Higuain will not move to China. I think if he misses our for Argentina, he's done. He's not going to have the mental toughness/fortitude to come back from that, and by the time the next world cup rolls around, he'll already be 34.

- - - Updated - - -

This.

For me the team is greater than any individual.

And I forgive you @Bianconero81 for my -rep. Better to get it out of your system now than bottle it up for the summer.
If the team is greater than any individual, Higuain should be the one to fuck off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)