Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (270 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2013
I can answer.

Italian papers are full of $#@!. Probably in overdrive after riding a high on Ronaldo rumors now under pressure to keep producing news even though nothing will be as big as what has already happened.

They might sell half our team to Chelsea before the window is over, doesn't mean any of it will actually happen.

Higuain links though could be real, Ronaldo transfer makes him irrelevant for Juventus and he is a lot better than anything Chelsea currently have.
As for the first part, that is exactly my point. That i think much of all this is jsut media speculation. Just trying to exlain how i see it that way.
And yes, Higuain would be a huge upgrade to Morata and co, but it is not like what they already have is shit, and if they are left with only Pedro and Moses as wingers and still a central midfielder short, they would probably focus their spending on that, instead up upgrading Morata with Higuain at a loss (pretty sure they will take a financial loss if they ship Morata). On the other hand, if the prices for Hazard and Willian are anything near the rumoured prices, they could do it all, but Chelsea just have not been spending like that in several years.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
As for the first part, that is exactly my point. That i think much of all this is jsut media speculation. Just trying to exlain how i see it that way.
And yes, Higuain would be a huge upgrade to Morata and co, but it is not like what they already have is shit, and if they are left with only Pedro and Moses as wingers and still a central midfielder short, they would probably focus their spending on that, instead up upgrading Morata with Higuain at a loss (pretty sure they will take a financial loss if they ship Morata). On the other hand, if the prices for Hazard and Willian are anything near the rumoured prices, they could do it all, but Chelsea just have not been spending like that in several years.
why? Russian Sugar Daddy stop bankrolling them?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Agreed. I just don’t see where you play sms if we don’t sell any midfielders
--- -------Costa - C. Ronaldo - Dybala

---------------SMS - Pjanic - Can

Alex Sandro - Chiellini - Caldara - Cancelo

--------------------Voycheck

Are you not aroused? That is epic lineup.

I know Benatia will likely start next to Chiellini at the beginning of season but Caldara is extremely impressive. I think he very well could compete with Benatia and Rugani.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
--- -------Costa - C. Ronaldo - Dybala

---------------SMS - Pjanic - Can

Alex Sandro - Chiellini - Caldara - Cancelo

--------------------Voycheck

Are you not aroused? That is epic lineup.

I know Benatia will likely start next to Chiellini at the beginning of season but Caldara is extremely impressive. I think he very well could compete with Benatia and Rugani.
Yes epic but I really need Bernardeschi to play and cuadrado as he is always clutch. Then what about Mandzukic etc etc lol

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Yes epic but I really need Bernardeschi to play and cuadrado as he is always clutch. Then what about Mandzukic etc etc lol
Who do they replace though? Douglas Costa starts. Zero question, he has earned that short of a massive drop off.

Dybala less so, but Dybala starts or his ass is gone. :boh: He isn't going to ride the bench here.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get it. The mediocre Costa is still in your lineup :boh:

- - - Updated - - -

The season is long and we play in three competitions, they'll all get to play
No. That isn't how it works when you are dealing with our current attacking lineup. The players we have up front want to start.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Who do they replace though? Douglas Costa starts. Zero question, he has earned that short of a massive drop off.

Dybala less so, but Dybala starts or his ass is gone. :boh: He isn't going to ride the bench here.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get it. The mediocre Costa is still in your lineup :boh:

- - - Updated - - -

No. That isn't how it works when you are dealing with our current attacking lineup. The players we have up front want to start.
I understand you need a deep roster but also need to have some of these players like Betancour and Bernardeschi play more than last season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 270)