Summer Mercato Thread 2018 (73 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
This makes no sense, we just spent 230m in total and barely sold over 30m so far, and our rumours are 3 top players more to sign?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Technically Ronaldo counts for next fiscal year and not this one. Basically every sale and purchase we make from now on, including Cerri, Audero counts for next year. So we are really only like -48M euros right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
It depends if Real or Barca get him - If they do I see him retiring there - If its us or any other team I can see him staying for 3-5 years and then ask for a transfer to (probably) Real
It doesn't depend on that, because real and Barca are the only teams that can afford him, us or any other team don't have a chance.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
IMO We are working on Pogba but the player prefer Barca so he is pushed there
I think it depends on Barca - If they get Pogba we get Rabiot, if they get Rabiot we get Pogba
as for sales - I am usually more pesimistic knowing how our club work but this year it feels different
I expect Pjanic to stay.
A.Sandro - This is the only place Im worried as A.Sandro is a very good LB who had a meh season but he is much better than last season...
If he goes we either get Marcelo (who will be tough to get unless he asks to leave) or we get a cheaper alternative which is what worries me as I cant see anyone being good enough to replace A.Sandro (except for Marcelo)
We have C.Ronaldo now so a great crosser will be a bless to our team and A.Sandro is a great crosser...

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Despite us being linked with big name signings such as Pogba or SMS, my gut feel is that before our transfer market closes the following will happen.

If Sandro wants to leave and we receive >50m bid, he will go and be replaced by either Marcelo (1st choice), Darmian or Bernat.

I think Godin comes in regardless of whether Benatia leaves. Allegri likes to have the flexibility to play a back 3 and Godin won't be a costly transfer - I.e he will want to have 5 center backs (Barzagli, Caldara, Benatia, Chiellini and Godin). He will be the replacement for Rugani.

Pjanic stays and there will be no other significant midfield additions. Should either Khedira or Marchisio leave, then expect someone like Golivin, Rabiot or Kovacic. Gomes or Rakitic are other options should Pogba go to Barca.

No changes in forwards other than Higuain off to Chelsea.

So in summary, I think Godin and Marcelo are the 2 biggest profile additions that are possible.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Despite us being linked with big name signings such as Pogba or SMS, my gut feel is that before our transfer market closes the following will happen.

If Sandro wants to leave and we receive >50m bid, he will go and be replaced by either Marcelo (1st choice), Darmian or Bernat.

I think Godin comes in regardless of whether Benatia leaves. Allegri likes to have the flexibility to play a back 3 and Godin won't be a costly transfer - I.e he will want to have 5 center backs (Barzagli, Caldara, Benatia, Chiellini and Godin). He will be the replacement for Rugani.

Pjanic stays and there will be no other significant midfield additions. Should either Khedira or Marchisio leave, then expect someone like Golivin, Rabiot or Kovacic. Gomes or Rakitic are other options should Pogba go to Barca.

No changes in forwards other than Higuain off to Chelsea.

So in summary, I think Godin and Marcelo are the 2 biggest profile additions that are possible.
I hope you are wrong as we obviously need a great CM and Im not totally convinced by Can...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I believe we will sell Higuain, Rugani and some dead wood and get Pogba in some sort of a fucked up loan deal that only Marotta can create with Godin. Marcelo will only be reality if we sell Alex Sandro.

Tomate

Jul 19, 2014
I believe we will sell Higuain, Rugani and some dead wood and get Pogba in some sort of a $#@!ed up loan deal that only Marotta can create with Godin. Marcelo will only be reality if we sell Alex Sandro.
Given how mediocre United's team already is, given how little they have done so far on the market and given that the market closes in just 3 weeks in England, i cannot see them selling Pogba this summer. Next season maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)